FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness Cup

DALNEIGHCALEY

The Inverness Cup is to be played for as a benefit match for Clach . Caley will play Clach at Grant Street with the money raised going to Clach to help them in their attempt to survive administration , this is a great gesture by Caley and I hope there will be a large turnout to help the Lillies and to see some silverware heading back to TCS .

Glad to hear the Inverness Cup is back in action. Aside from the famous 5-2 pumping of the farmers at Clach Park, my only memory the Inverness Cup is a very hazey one. I think it involved Caley losing 3-2 to County at Kingsmills.

Can anyone confirm this? I may be wide of the mark.

Hopefully a bigger turnout than the Celtic game....do we have a date for it yet?

Originally it was planned for this week, but cancelled for some reasons, so it should be next week possibly, after all the Clach need the money quick.

Glad to hear the Inverness Cup is back in action. Aside from the famous 5-2 pumping of the farmers at Clach Park, my only memory the Inverness Cup is a very hazey one. I think it involved Caley losing 3-2 to County at Kingsmills.

Can anyone confirm this? I may be wide of the mark.

I can confirm that you were psshed.

Clach were delighted with the turnout for the Celtic game . They were trying to get the game played this week but that proved impossible , looking to get it played " in the near future " .

There was quite a decent crowd for this game - I was a wee bit surprised to note the vast majority of them were Celtic fans!

:D

At the risk of being a "neg", I am not sure about ICT doing this, unless they have anything to gain from it. Nor do I swallow the Clach "community club" idea. This has happened too often to be real. If the community wanted the club, they would make sure it survived by going to the games, and social club, with the managers managing the cash responsibly.

It would be a terrible thing if Clach died. But its going to happen unless they can get some people going. They moved their game against Turiff to Friday night last week and about 100-150 people were there at most. Its a shame, I am going to try and get to as many Clach games as I can, they are a great little club with a genuine support and family/community atmosphere.

We could learn somthing from them, the way our fans bicker and bitch about each other is frankly embarrassing! "your not supporters if you dont sing" "shut up for making noise" section G and the main stand........seriously what a load of rubbish, just do what you want to do and leave others in peace!!

There was quite a decent crowd for this game - I was a wee bit surprised to note the vast majority of them were Celtic fans!

:lol:

And I can guess where abouts almost all of those celtic fans woudl be from aswell.

Anyway its nice to see other clubs help Clach, hopefully they can pull through.

Hmmm. I wonder how many people will turn up?

The last time I was at a Clach vs. ICT game there was, as Billy Nelson announced, an attendance of 357 people, a bike and a dog!

Not exactly a turn out that is going to save the club.

If they got 357 fans for every home game I'd imagine they'd be in much better financial health.

Why was the 1995 Inverness Cup final played on a Saturday? :huh: International game?