FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Atmosphere

DornochCaley

Sorry if there has been a thread on it already but...

The atmosphere was brilliant on sunday. You would of forgotten the Dee fans were there if they were not taking up 3/4's of my eye sight. Good to see so many people joining the signing. Hopefully we can continue it. I must also say our fans were great. A group of four people who had tickets up the back were kind enough to swap with me and my 3 freinds as our tickets were slightly lower down. The Dee fans started signing finally in the 2nd half and when we sang against them(For a short period before the next goal) it was truely brilliant. Not often you go to an ICT game, see good football AND have a great atmosphere on the same day. :huh:

I will also give a say in this.

The atmosphere was superb and it clearly matched the 1st half performance. I would attend Inverness games like that every day if i could with that kind of passion going about. I loved it.

The atmosphere was superb and it clearly matched the 1st half performance. I would attend Inverness games like that every day if i could with that kind of passion going about. I loved it.

Damn right. It was brilliant and all the fans were behind the team. For 90 minutes we didnt care it was a diddy cup. We wanted to win it.

Damn right. It was brilliant and all the fans were behind the team. For 90 minutes we didnt care it was a diddy cup. We wanted to win it.

What's **** BNP all about?

More to the point, where are all these fans week in, week out?

Really disappoints me. If people would go to Caley park the club would have more money etc etc.

Must say the atmosphere was pretty good. I enjoyed it. Especially my bud's chant of "I'd rather sh@g a sheep than a stag".

Really disappoints me. If people would go to Caley park the club would have more money etc etc.

Must say the atmosphere was pretty good.

I'm actually asking the question in the opposite direction - but no more than asking the question.

Is there not room for a bit of disappointment that the Caley Thistle contingent was only what I would estimate to be 2000 or maybe just over?

This would seem actually to be LESS than this season's normal home support of around 2500-2700 although, unlike at home games, they made a lot more noise.

In the pre SPL days when home support was typically of the order of 1800, rather less than for this season so far, I seem to recollect travelling supports for major Scottish cup ties and previous Challenge Finals being rather more that what turned up at a relatively easily accessible venue on Sunday.

Is the difference maybe that many of the "glory hunters" (whom I would define as people who turn up in the ICT end at major games but who attend the Caledonian Stadium at best infrequently) no longer bother? Or is it the case that, post SPL, the Challenge Cup - even the final, is regarded by many as a bit old hat?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I'm actually asking the question in the opposite direction - but no more than asking the question.

Is there not room for a bit of disappointment that the Caley Thistle contingent was only what I would estimate to be 2000 or maybe just over?

This would seem actually to be LESS than this season's normal home support of around 2500-2700 although, unlike at home games, they made a lot more noise.

In the pre SPL days when home support was typically of the order of 1800, rather less than for this season so far, I seem to recollect travelling supports for major Scottish cup ties and previous Challenge Finals being rather more that what turned up at a relatively easily accessible venue on Sunday.

Is the difference maybe that many of the "glory hunters" (whom I would define as people who turn up in the ICT end at major games but who attend the Caledonian Stadium at best infrequently) no longer bother? Or is it the case that, post SPL, the Challenge Cup - even the final, is regarded by many as a bit old hat?

I expected better of you Charles, a nice positive thread and you are looking for the negatives.

BTW I missed out due to work commitments, in case you were wondering.

I expected better of you Charles, a nice positive thread and you are looking for the negatives.

BTW I missed out due to work commitments, in case you were wondering.

He is a reporter, they always seem to look for negatives, hence a story

"Let's all be negative!"

It was a Sunday. The A9 is hardly a pleasant drive between Perth and Inverness. I'm not sticking up for people who didn't go, but I only had to travel from Edinburgh - and I got a lift. And it was on TV...

This negativity is a bit heavy no?

In that case there must be a phenomenal number of "reporters" on this forum! I never thought I would see the day when someone would be criticised for being too negative on "caleythistleonline" no less. :P :lol::lol:

Before squashing the myth of negativity about last night's post, perhaps I should first observe that I think I get the picture.

It seems it's perfectly OK to be as negative as you like about the Board, the Chairman, the Former Chief Executive, the Stewards, the Pie Shop, the Players, the Manager, the Club Shop, the Stadium Announcer etc etc etc....

But NEVER even APPEAR to say anything negative about the FANS!

Now, as for that alleged negativity... my original post....

This bit asks a question about a statistical fact.

This bit links that statistical fact to another one, moves on to echo an observation about noise at home games frequently made on here and ends with a positive statement.

This bit states a number of statistical facts.

This bit makes the only real judgement in the post - about a section of the ICT "support" which over the years has been frequently criticised on here. It concludes by asking a question about how the fans of a team which spent quite a long time in the SPL now perceive this SFL knockout competition.

So just let me summarise my original point.

The number of fans in the ICT stand on Sunday appears to have been smaller than at recent home league games and less than under similar circumstances some years back, when there was a smaller home support

In that case there must be a phenomenal number of "reporters" on this forum! I never thought I would see the day when someone would be criticised for being too negative on "caleythistleonline" no less. :P :lol::lol:

Before squashing the myth of negativity about last night's post, perhaps I should first observe that I think I get the picture.

IN your opinion

It seems it's perfectly OK to be as negative as you like about the Board, the Chairman, the Former Chief Executive, the Stewards, the Pie Shop, the Players, the Manager, the Club Shop, the Stadium Announcer etc etc etc....

But NEVER even APPEAR to say anything negative about the FANS!

Not true, most take negativity on the chin but like to moan

Now, as for that alleged negativity... my original post....

This bit asks a question about a statistical fact.

Oh gosh here we go Stats again BOring

This bit links that statistical fact to another one, moves on to echo an observation about noise at home games frequently made on here and ends with a positive statement.

[color="#000000"]The Echo isn't that a newspaper? who believes any reporter, even with Stats

This bit states a number of statistical facts.

[color="#000000"]Dunna /Dunna , Dunna Stat man

This bit makes the only real judgement in the post - about a section of the ICT "support" which over the years has been frequently criticised on here. It concludes by asking a question about how the fans of a team which spent quite a long time in the SPL now perceive this SFL knockout competition.

So just let me summarise my original point.

The number of fans in the ICT stand on Sunday appears to have been smaller than at recent home league games and less than under similar circumstances some years back, when there was a smaller home support

You must have had a boring day to come up with all this Charles, people are people , they go where they want, the fact many made there way to Perth was to there credit., when it would have been so much easier to stay at home in slippers watching it all on TV. I livingt abroad did not have that luxury

When the team play at home of course people go to watch the team, forget the SPL status I am talking about true supporters, hence better home turnouts.

So basically your thesis is flawed

Ok rant over

Also you can correct my spelling feel free

Edited by latviaman

What's **** BNP all about?

I wonder :P

Personally I was gutted by the result. The atmosphere was good though. I wonder how the crowd would have fared if say the game had been played at victoria park say. Would Dundee have had such a large contingent? Probably not. More ICT fans at the game? Probably.

Hopefully we'll get a fair support at firrhill on Saturday.

Our home attendances in the Challenge Cup certainly suggest that the latter may be a factor, but did we take many more to our two previous finals?

The glory hunters theory is more difficult to quantify, especially as we might not be taking part in any "major games" in the near future. It would be very intersting to see how many people would turn out for a big Scottish Cup tie - home or away.

I was with a Ross County fan, Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and one other Caley fan who all don't normally go to home games. They all came for a good game and they got it. Being on a Sunday and in Perth, it was easily attend-able (I'm not sure that's a word, but it should be) for central belt folk whom can't get Saturdays off, to come along. I was at Airdrie, Morton and County (1-3) at home and I reckon the atmosphere in the ground is directly related to the football on show.

I would say that the Dunfermiline away game was noisier with around 500 fans,(with good chants too), only someone on the pitch could verify that but yes the atmosphere was pretty good but how can you stay silent watching football as good as that.

Alba final or league cup decider, I think we all know which game would have the biggest support.

Turnout was mediocre as expectations for the season have become mediocre. If we were top or even second in the league, or even if we had pumped County 4-0, then you wouldve found a far less apathetic ICT support.

The only fans that you will here 'it was too wet', 'its too expensive', 'its a diddy cup' from are the fed up ones regardless of what it is thats fedding them up (league so far, derby games, relegation, poor fare at home... anything), which is a hell of alot of people.

Well done to everybody that played their part though, top effort.

Edited by clacher_holiday2

I thought on Sunday we had the core of the ICT support, without the usual 'attend-TCS-because-I've-nothing-better-to-do-on-a-Saturday-supporters'. I can understand the club is a business and needs these 'supporters' to provide extra income but IMO if they focused the club around our core element then we would have a much better atmosphere at TCS and probably a better home record

The club call for fans to turn up for the final and support the team, they turn up and some folk are not happy , hells bells make up your minds in what you want . i was sitting beside a fan who got his 4 tickets at the last minute at the ground they had just made up their mind in the morning to go to the game , how many more were like that.They came, they saw and they nearly conquered