FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher has to Go!

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I am sorry to all of the supporters of Terry Butcher but i have lost all faith in him as his and our goal for this season SHOULD have been promotion as we have good SPL quality players eg. Esson, Foran, Hayes and so on.

So in my opinion this useless bluenose has to go and NOW :thumb04: :019: :angry: :angry: !!!!!!

My choice for manager is Robbo or McCall with Baz Wilson or Christie as assistant.

By the way fire any criticism at me because i don't really care, we all have our opinions so i have every right to post this and also know i will get slated as well as fans who agree with me.

Edited by Mahonio
Can't you make a point without swearing?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mahonio

What do you mean, what was wrong with it?

I am sorry to offend you who i assume wants us to struggle and not get promoted again because if this THING stays in charge we won't.

I am sorry to all of the supporters of Terry Butcher but i have lost all faith in him as his and our goal for this season SHOULD have been promotion as we have good SPL quality players eg. Esson, Foran, Hayes and so on.

So in my opinion this useless bluenose has to go and NOW :thumb04: :019: :angry: :angry: !!!!!!

My choice for manager is Robbo or McCall with Baz Wilson or Christie as assistant.

By the way fire any criticism at me because i don't really care, we all have our opinions so i have every right to post this and also know i will get slated as well as fans who agree with me.

Whether you have lost faith in him, the board have lost faith in him or the main shareholder have lost faith in him doesn't matter a jot as they can't afford to get rid of him (not saying they want to get rid of him) and his fantastic sidekick Malpas, unless they walk they will both be there until the end of the season so best just get used to it.

Edited by stevico1

Guest Mahonio

Whether you have lost faith in him, the board have lost faith in him or the main shareholder have lost faith in him doesn't matter a jot as they can't afford to get rid of him (not saying they want to get rid of him) and his fantastic sidekick Malpas, unless they walk they will both be there until the end of the season so best just get used to it.

Problem is i can't which is reffering to bit in bold. One solution would be for Butch to resign as we ain't going to win the league at this rate so he must know he is failing from the goal that he set himself.

Problem is i can't which is reffering to bit in bold. One solution would be for Butch to resign as we ain't going to win the league at this rate so he must know he is failing from the goal that he set himself.

A manager that still has the possibility of winning the league ain't going to walk, do I think he is going to win the league, no but then again I never thought we would, its a tough league. I am not defending Butcher as I have made it clear already I don't rate him and I think his previous record backs that up what I am saying is I don't think things will change in then near future

Bridge and Castle appears right on cue and predictably posts the same thing as he/she has almost every time they have used the keyboard on this site.

Given your use of the word English as a racist adjective I am banning you from this thread and will speak to the moderators about any further action.

It is posters like you who i was referring to in the future thread and who I do not want on this site. Your bile will no longer be tolerated so if you want to continue on thi site you need to take part in discussions rather than just come on, post abuse towards a club official and disappear for another week.

Get used to the fact that, if you don't follow the popular opinions on this forum you will be hounded and eventually barred.

I completely agree that Butcher is incompetent, tactically inept and is a complete disaster for this club.

I was barred from the Partick thread today for referring to him as English! the assumption was that this was a derogatory term. it was not. However, when I called him a **** it was.

Can I "jokingly" say that Scotty is becoming a bit of a naturalised Canadian fool?

Bridge and Castle appears right on cue and predictably posts the same thing as he/she has almost every time they have used the keyboard on this site.

Given your use of the word English as a racist adjective I am banning you from this thread and will speak to the moderators about any further action.

It is posters like you who i was referring to in the future thread and who I do not want on this site. Your bile will no longer be tolerated so if you want to continue on thi site you need to take part in discussions rather than just come on, post abuse towards a club official and disappear for another week.

Get used to the fact that, if you don't follow the popular opinions on this forum you will be hounded and eventually barred.

I completely agree that Butcher is incompetent, tactically inept and is a complete disaster for this club.

I was barred from the Partick thread today for referring to him as English! the assumption was that this was a derogatory term. it was not. However, when I called him a **** it was.

Can I "jokingly" say that Scotty is becoming a bit of a naturalised Canadian fool?

You can't seem to see that's not the case, I have repeatedly said that Butcher is not the man for the job, I have never once been pulled up, I have never had a warning, perhaps you should have a wee think about how you put your points across.

You may have just talked yourself into a site ban, and frankly, as the future thread is about posters like yourself then so be it. I

This will be discussed by the moderators team.

Jeeezus....

That's a bit harsh....

I'd rather appear before a court at Nuremberg charged with war crimes.

Every week it's the same thing. And by the same thing I of course mean a 'fan/supporter' who's annoyed and angry at the result who feels compelled to call for the manager's head.

What sort of confidence/positivity is that going to generate, hey? There may well be folk at the club reading such comments and thinking 'here we go again'!!! every time we lose it's a call for the manager's head. Admittedly, I was calling for Brewster's sacking towards the latter end of his tenure, but my reasons were justified because we were on our worse EVER run of form under ANY manager we'd had before. IMHO the damage was done before Butcher came in, but lets not go there!

Butcher hasn't even had a full season yet for goodness sake.... And did you really expect us to go straight back up anyway after loosing the likes of Morais, Black, Kerr and many others?!

Why not put things into perspective before running your mouth... here's a few examples:

We have won just twice in all competitions at Firhill against Partick - including a penatly shoot out earlier this season!

We are in arguably the toughest league in Scotland competing with evenly-matched sides - evident when you look at the top 6 sides points tallies!

We sit just 5 points off top spot coming into christmas (would you be unhappy with that come Feb/March - I dont think so)

We have the best goal-scoring rate in the league to date

We made it to the final of a national league cup competition, and were unfortunate not to win it

And finally, so someone else pointed out, we are in no position financially to go sacking anyone, so no matter how much you deteste the management team or our teams performances, they are here for the forseeable - no amount of throwing toys out the pram is going to change that!

We have a difficult sequence of games coming up and I for one intend to follow our team with support and encouragement!!!

Every week it's the same thing. And by the same thing I of course mean a 'fan/supporter' who's annoyed and angry at the result who feels compelled to call for the manager's head.

What sort of confidence/positivity is that going to generate, hey? There may well be folk at the club reading such comments and thinking 'here we go again'!!! every time we lose it's a call for the manager's head. Admittedly, I was calling for Brewster's sacking towards the latter end of his tenure, but my reasons were justified because we were on our worse EVER run of form under ANY manager we'd had before. IMHO the damage was done before Butcher came in, but lets not go there!

Butcher hasn't even had a full season yet for goodness sake.... And did you really expect us to go straight back up anyway after loosing the likes of Morais, Black, Kerr and many others?!

Why not put things into perspective before running your mouth... here's a few examples:

We have won just twice in all competitions at Firhill against Partick - including a penatly shoot out earlier this season!

We are in arguably the toughest league in Scotland competing with evenly-matched sides - evident when you look at the top 6 sides points tallies!

We sit just 5 points off top spot coming into christmas (would you be unhappy with that come Feb/March - I dont think so)

We have the best goal-scoring rate in the league to date

We made it to the final of a national league cup competition, and were unfortunate not to win it

And finally, so someone else pointed out, we are in no position financially to go sacking anyone, so no matter how much you deteste the management team or our teams performances, they are here for the forseeable - no amount of throwing toys out the pram is going to change that!

We have a difficult sequence of games coming up and I for one intend to follow our team with support and encouragement!!!

I fail to see what how he is much better that Brewster, we have dropped a division, he has no idea how to change a team to counter what the opposition manager has done, today it appears he was outfoxed by McCall enough said, sorry would love to say he is the right man but failing to see how he is.

What I don't understand is why when people wanted Brew out it the right thing (which it was) but when we don't think Butcher is up for the job it is considered negative

Edited by stevico1

We played absolutely abominably under Brewster.

I've said before that I never expected to bounce back up (we don't have the same SPL squad, for god's sake, even if some of them are SPL quality) so I don't have any problem with our current position myself. And as Butcher may be away at the end of the season, I don't see any advantage in getting rid of him at this stage. Although I have issues with some of his subs, I don't see that he tells the rest of the players at half time to start playing crap. They must be doing that themselves. Once again, the players themselves have to take some responsibility for their performances.

I often wonder if the constant "sack the manager" refrain is due to the continual media circus speculating that (almost any) manager should be removed after they've failed to win two games in a row or lost to Barca when down to eight men. Very few teams are going to win all the time. If we were losing every game and were playing dire football constantly, then maybe it would become an issue.

Steve, I doubt Butcher has put this club in the situation that Brewster had us in.

Yes I would agree with that but many were calling for his head (not me as I wrongly thought he would turn it round to begin with) as the signs were there it wasn't going right, I honestly think that Butchers PR is keeping a lot of people from seeing the reality that we are also going backwards under his stewardship.

Looking for positives, it appears that TB has more or less settled on his best team, after wasting time with untried players (insert names here).

On the negative side, we always get shafted after half time when the other manager works out how the game is going. Or if we're behind at half time, it appears that TB shouts a bit and they try harder for 20 mins before losing another goal.

The reason people are not unanimous in wanting him out Stevico, is because we still have an outside chance of the league and in any case we're not going down, and he will probably be off in May.

Maybe some people also feel that div 1 is our natural level? I certainly have found it more entertaining this season (though it could not have got any worse after 18 months of Brewster).

As for Brewster, it's not true that everybody wanted him out- there were still some (misguided) people who thought Brew could keep us up and the two opposing camps probably set the tone for all the crap that's been flying around this forum for the past year or two.

As for Brewster, it's not true that everybody wanted him out- there were still some (misguided) people who thought Brew could keep us up and the two opposing camps probably set the tone for all the crap that's been flying around this forum for the past year or two.

Agreed....

And unfortunately we are getting ourselves into another two opposing camps scenario.....

None of which does our long term prospects any good what-so-ever.

Edited by Johnboy

Butcher is here till the end of the season. He lost a game. Get over it.

The wisest comment posted here in a while.

Yes you are probably right and have said it myself, only thing that hacks me off is that if anyone doubts Butchers managerial abilities it is met with derision like he can do no wrong.

Yes you are probably right and have said it myself, only thing that hacks me off is that if anyone doubts Butchers managerial abilities it is met with derision like he can do no wrong.

I don't think that's true, it just becomes tedious reading after every defeat that he should be sacked when we're sitting mid-table and only 5 points behind the leaders.

Define who is in which camp then................

I was definitely wanting Brewster out at the end and in fact was very pro-active in this matter. I also was willing to give Brewster an oportunity to prove he had the credentials to do the business. I hold no malice, but results spoke for themselves and we were going under quicker than the banks. I will offer Mr Butcher the same courtesy. If at the end of the day we are getting relegated then offski. It's about expectations, if you think we should be walking this league then think on. If you think we should be building for the future then you are along the right lines. If we gain promotion then it's a bonus, if not, then life sucks.

Which camp am I then?