ICT -V- Ayr Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard from people at the game the finishing was shocking. Thought Ayr would be a totally different proposition today with them having decent players in on loan. At least county lost. Appears agent Barrowman isn't that great after all...

it wasnt so much our finishing was bad, it was just that we had no luck whatsoever. it was incredible to watch chance after chance somehow conspire to stay out of the net.

that said, the penalty was a real work of art from grant munro and most refs would not have bought it but the ref today was a clown for nearly the whole 90 mins so was at least consistantly woeful.

we'll play a lot worse than that and win 2 or 3 nil.we almost passed ourselves to sleep at times. even ayrs goals , whilst well taken , were against the run of play and the only chances they had

all in all an eventfull game that feels like a win even if for most of the game i was fully expecting a win

Very soft penalty seemingly .

The ref felt sorry for us :D

Just back from the game and it was freezing.

Esson was rubbish and let in two easy goals that should have been defended. We were not up to scratch. Missing the easiest of goals.

However the goal in the 45th minute was vital and it gave us a push. Then a good goal from Hayes made them want it even more. Then Esson let in another and I thought it was all over. Thank God for Rooney and his penalty. To be honest I thought he was going to miss it but he scored and it made it feel like a win!

Unbeaten in the league this year I think

Can we keep it up?

Morton on Tuesday! A win is needed as we are heading to Tayside on Saturday to try and beat top of the league side Dundee!

It's quite apt with all the recent headlines about poor referring standards that the whistle happy clown we had today should rescue us with a dodgy penalty decision deep into stoppage time.

I suppose we should also be grateful to Ayr for starting their time wasting in the first half allowing us to scrape a draw.

We could have been in double figures with the number of chances we had but unfortunately our incompetent defence let us down badly.

Taking 2 points out of 6 at home against the second worst team in the league isn't good enough

The real winners today are Dundee

We had enough chances in that game to win every game from now until the end of the season. Just off the top of my head, I can think of Sanchez missing one across goal, Bully's header off the line, the own-goal-that-crossed-the-line-but-wasn't-given chance, another almost own goal (this time kept out), Hayes through on goal, Rooney through on the keeper twice... And a few others I've probably forgotten.

Good performance, lacking in urgency in some parts, but we made opportunities today that earlier in the season we weren't able to. No idea regarding the penalty, Munro went down from some pressure, and everyone shouted for it. Next thing I know, there's no-one around me cos they'd all stood behind the goals waiting for the Ginger Messiah to power it home.

Up until the penalty the ref was shocking. Really pedantic. But he gave the penalty, so it was a terrific all-round performance from the man in black.

Disgusted

Ayr were there for the taking and we fecked up. Fair play for playing to the death plus injury time, plus extra time, plus time added on for their keeper taking an eternity to decide where he wanrted to take his goal kicks from. In truth we should have won this game against a plucky Ayr side by three or four clear goals. In reality we squandered chance after chance and to their credit they took the crumbs they were given and hit the back of the net. The first, I don't think they should have had a free kick forty yard out on the wing, and when the ball came in the normally reliable Esson flapped badly, the ball was eventually blocked on the line then tapped in. The second was a decent break by Ayr as we lacked penetration and they hit effectively on the counter. We equalised on the stroke of half time as some viewers went for a comfort break, Foran I am told. Jonny Hayes restored parity with a good finish across the keeper as is his trademark. His hair is just honking though, he should concentrate on his football first before he starts the playboy stuff. Ayr then restored their advantage with another smart smash and grab and at this point we looked forlorn. Down but not out despite the walkout by some fans, yet we continued to pass on great opportunities. The brilliant Sanchez was replaced as we searched for an equaliser and Eric did OK, but where were we going to get that killer pass from. The unlikely happened when Grantie was awarded a penalty with a dying swan sumersault deep into time added on to time added on and Rooney fairly thwacked home the resultant spot kick.

To be honest to the honest men, and if they are honest, they deserved nothing from this game, but they almost sneaked all three points, and we used our last get out of jail almost free card. One point and a dent to our presumed goal difference was not good enough to appease this fan and a few others were disgruntled......until they heard the County score.

This was not what wilsononourwing would have wanted, but all is not lost yet, although we are making it difficult to believe.

MoM for me was Russeldinho, grafted tirelessly as did one or two others. Hayes was good and bad. Rooney is fast becoming our saviour. The defence and in particular Rossco and Esson need to get over this game and start again.

I'm off to Morrison's. We play far better when I'm nowhere near the computer.

Couldn't have gone a bit earlier could you :D

:lol: It half worked!

Frustrating score. On the basis of that there's no problem with the attitude but league-winning quality just isn't quite there.

That result saved Butcher's blushes today. In some senses ICT deserved to win, whilst at the same time both deserved to be beat. Let's me start by saying that at times ICT were woeful. How Ayr (who were nothing special at all) got three goals is a complete mystery. Of ICT, Golabek was good, Munro looked solid and Hayes was effective. Foran tried hard, whilst Duncan was decent at times. Tokely had a rather up and down game, whilst not being able to pass to save his life, did look better going forward. Proctor was fairly quiet. Of the rest, Sanchez wasn't at the races at all, Esson looked a little dodgy at times, whilst Bulvitis was okay in the first half, was a bit clumsy in the second. And then there's Rooney. No doubt some dimwit will justify giving him the MOTM today as he scored a penalty, but in truth, the guy does nothing. He just wanders around aimlessly up front, whilst having the pace of a snail. I don't care if he scored today, he was very poor.

The ref was a complete tube as well. My favourite moment of his was in the second half when ICT had a free kick just over the half way line. Not happy with where the ball was, he lightly passed it about a foot backwards. Really, what was the point?

ICT second half approach was what they should have done all game. ICT were very good at creating the chances but seem to struggle with the knowledge of how to put them away. ICT really lack the cutting edge up front that left with Dargo. That and some sloppy defending, is what will probably cost ICT promotion this year.

To be fair to one of the above posts, what they are saying about Rooney is complete garbage. He is the only player that looks like he CAN score a goal. Sanchez is the biggest waste of shirt i've seen in a long time. He gets himself into good positions but 100% of the time chooses the wrong option......5 or 6 times he picked the wrong option today and its no surprise that every week he's the first player substitued.

I've also stopped complaining about ref's because every one of them is rubbish. He contributed to the time wasting today, moving free kicks back a yard here and pulling play back when we were in good positions there. The penalty to me was laughable, but fully expected when you see his performance over the 90 mins

And then there's Rooney. No doubt some dimwit will justify giving him the MOTM today as he scored a penalty, but in truth, the guy does nothing. He just wanders around aimlessly up front, whilst having the pace of a snail. I don't care if he scored today, he was very poor.

If it wasn't for Rooney, we wouldn't have drawn today. If it wasn't for Rooney, we would be minus 15 goals this season, and we would be mid-table at best. What do you mean you don't care if he scored? If he hadn't we would be another point worse off. I hope this is another Renegade statement designed to be completely opposite to the general consensus, but if this is really your opinion, then you know nothing.

Reason for edit - got carried away and forgot the actual result.

Edited by tokelyisvictorious

Not having a go at you renegade, but Rooney worked very hard and did more than most to help the cause. Jonny Hayes was awarded the sponsors MoM, must have been for his dyed blonde hideous haircut. As you said, we were let down by our benevolent defence. If there were any fall guys, or guys who should maybe have offered more, then Proctor was ineffective as was Esson, poorest game yet. Rossco as you said had minging distribution especially in the first half but looked more comfortable pushing forward in the second.

But lets not detract from the fact that ICT threw away a tremendous opportunity to squeeze closer to the leaders, games to play granted.

The ref, oh yes, almost forgot, was useless right down to awarding us a penalty. He brought play back three or four times when advantage might have been an advantage.........where do they get them from.

And then there's Rooney. No doubt some dimwit will justify giving him the MOTM today as he scored a penalty, but in truth, the guy does nothing. He just wanders around aimlessly up front, whilst having the pace of a snail. I don't care if he scored today, he was very poor.

If it wasn't for Rooney, we wouldn't have won today. If it wasn't for Rooney, we would be minus 15 goals this season, and we would be mid-table at best. What do you mean you don't care if he scored? If he hadn't we would be another point worse off. I hope this is another Renegade statement designed to be completely opposite to the general consensus, but if this is really your opinion, then you know nothing.

agreed. how anyone can slate rooney today or this season is laughable. get a grip.

First of all ICT didn't win today - he saved Butcher's blushes with what was probably his first shot on target snatching a draw. What I meant is that his penalty did nothing in my eyes to give his overall performance any boost. 99% of the time today he just wandered around the front area, either missing the or two chances he did have (and unsurprisingly missing) or doing nothing at all. Sorry if I can't agree with your amazing and holier than thou view, I just comment honestly on what I saw.