FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely Heading South?

kencar

Whilst I would hate to think there was even a grain of possibility in this unsubstantiated rumour (as yet), I hesitate to move it as it does make me think of one of the quotes we got from Steve Paterson in our "Tribute to Tokely" article for his 500th appearance.

Steve mentioned that he keeps in regular contact with Ross and his quote was "I believe that if the club doesn?t win promotion this season he may look again at his career and think it is time for him to move on while he?s still at an age where he can make an impact. I certainly believe he is too good for the SFL. He has been a credit to Inverness Caledonian Thistle".

With any luck a scout will have been at the Dundee game and ran away at half-time, after seeing Roscoe play absolutely awful, then missed his best 45 minutes of the season so far.

Surely if we are at the stage of handing out contracts he is the first name on the list? Over 500 appearances, played in all three divisions, every senior club aside from Elgin... Too much history for us and Roscoe to throw away.

Like you, I hope this pseudo-rumour is complete cack, and yes, he would be one of the first I would put a contract offer in front of if I was manager, but he still has to sign it if its offered !!! (PS - 4 divisions, not 3)

As for "history" ... yes he has that in abundance with us and whether he stays with us until the end of his career or chooses to go elsewhere that will not be "thrown away". He is and always will be an ICT legend. Maybe not the most gifted player in our ranks, but more gifted than some give him credit for and also extremely loyal in a time when that seems to mean nothing to many. However, "history" doesnt pay the bills unfortunately and if he does decide to see out his career elsewhere then good luck to him.

I suppose the Aussies are looking for a new Crocodile Dundee or Steve Irwin. One who can play Aussie Rules in his spare time. Except he'll rename it Tokely Rules.

And if Rossco goes to Australia, he'll go by the direct route. :D

I've heard they are ready to rename it Rosstralia as part of his signing on agreement and that he's been given permission to stay in Scotland as just the thought of him playing right back means the opposition will totally avoid that part of the pitch whether he is there or not.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he (and others) were making plans to move on and I don't blame any of them.

By all accounts one of our players has already signed a pre-contract to go over the bridge in he summer and a couple of others have offers but are still hopeful of doing a deal to stay at ICT.

As I said elsewhere, I fully expect to see a VERY different squad at ICT next season.

Not going to say any more as it is just rumour and I don't want the eejits in the North Stand to have an excuse to boo/distract any more of our players. (Directed at the few and not suggesting whole of North Stand are eejits)

I reckon if Tokely goes to any of the A League clubs it'll be more than likely be North Queensland Fury. Ian Ferguson (as mentioned earlier) seems to go for Scottish based players and has already gotten two from over the bridge already (Dyron Daal and Stewart Petrie). They also have Robbie Fowler and the former Pars captain Scot Wilson in their ranks. I can't see it being any of the others, cause if you go through the teams, I can't see the likes of Sydney, Perth Glory, Central Coast Mariners or any of that lot likely to make a move for him (or even know who he is!). Of the other possible teams, can't see Melbourne Victory making a move for him unless they see him as a replacement for Muscat, but still they seem to prefer looking at Asian and Latin American based players for transfers (Grant Brebner being the notable exception). The other team who are looking to Europe for players is Melbourne Heart who come into the league system next season. Again, whilst the manager of Heart, John van 't Schip has said that he's looking to Europe for players again I doubt they'd make a move for Tokely (their move for Viduka fell through incidently).

To me the evidence suggests that Ian Ferguson's North Queensland Fury will be the team most likely to make a move for Rosscoe.

You reckon the fans could chip in for a contract for him?? :D

if Tokely leaves that would mark the end of the most successful era in ICT's history... can't believe he'd want to leave so I'd ask the board & Butcher to consider the next chapter very carefully because without Tokely we lose our identity

You reckon the fans could chip in for a contract for him?? :D

if Tokely leaves that would mark the end of the most successful era in ICT's history... can't believe he'd want to leave so I'd ask the board & Butcher to consider the next chapter very carefully because without Tokely we lose our identity

haha erm perhaps a tad extreme but i see your point

Not going to say any more as it is just rumour and I don't want the eejits in the North Stand to have an excuse to boo/distract any more of our players. (Directed at the few and not suggesting whole of North Stand are eejits)

Is that not what this section is for, rumours!