FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Morton

Renegade

That would have been my preferred team until probably the most recent County game, but I think with two games in two that Odihambo must get another chance. He hasn't been involved much in most of the games I've seen him in this season, and I think Sanchez is more effective at creating chances for others, but Odihambo can only be growing in confidence now and he does show some flashes of talent. I would like to see Bully back in defence, though - on the whole I think he's been pretty decent since the turn of the year.

Edited to add - I'm responding to Rene's team here rather than ICTPaisley's. Should have quoted.

Edited by alternative maryhill

TB has some tough decisions to make for trhis one.

Several players this afternoon looked jaded and badly in need of a rest. Morton got a good result today against QoS and certainly won't be a pushover.

For me....

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabeck

Ross Duncan Sanchez Foran Eagle

Odhiambo

Allison, Rooney, Djebi Zadi, Hayes, McBain

Several players this afternoon looked jaded and badly in need of a rest. Morton got a good result today against QoS and certainly won't be a pushover.

For me....

Esson

Odhiambo

So you'd bench two of our most important players for our next crucial match??? :D

Anyone know why Bully strugles to get a game even though there was a big fuss made over him ?

I heard bulvitus had a fall out with butcher and that is why he was dropped.

Cant remember what game it was but Bully sat out of it and TB started with Proctor Tokely Munro Golly as the back 4 and for a few games they were great but after today maybe its time to put Proctor back to DM and Tokely at RB

Anyone know why Bully strugles to get a game even though there was a big fuss made over him ?

Because he's really not very good?

In any case, when Morton were last up here they played with 11 men behind the ball and were very difficult to break down. It took a very conveniently placed Nick Ross to score the only goal of the game. I'm pretty sure we can expect more of the same from them when we play them in Baghdad Greenock.

For me....

Esson

Odhiambo

So you'd bench two of our most important players for our next crucial match??? :lol:

They are two of our best players without a doubt - but their game is all about running flat out for 90 minutes - the Morton game is only 3 days away and these two badly need a rest.

My strategy for this one would be to keep things tight for 60 to 70 minutes, then bring these two on.

This is a really important match for us. Another win keeps the squeeze on the others but it will not be easy. Morton are playing well and are second to ICT in the recent form league. They are also highly motivated as they are playing to avoid facing the play offs. But they must also be feeling the pressure as other teams at the bottom are also picking up points which means they need to keep their form up. Their next three matches are against us, then County and then Dundee so whilst they will be very up for the match, they will be feeling the pressure too.

Sitting back will only give them confidence. We have scored the most goals in this league by some way and all of our strikers are scoring. Morton have conceded the most in the division and we should aim to exploit those facts. My view is we need an attacking approach and to go at them right from the start. Even if the team was not at its best today, the late winner will have been a huge boost to the confidence and they simply need to go out and do what they do best.

Neither County nor Dundee will find their visits to Morton easy and we need to get a psychological advantage by turning them over first. If we can then beat Queens and Dundee and County drop points, we could find ourselves cliniching the title at home against Dunfermline on the 17th. How good would that be!

TB will be well aware of how we clinched relegation from the jaws of survival last season and will not be wanting it to go to the wire. Now is not the time to rest players. Some players may be tired but they should still be motivated enough to give of their best. I expect a very pumped up, full strength team to take the pitch at Morton. I certainly don't expect Morton to roll over but I do expect us to win by at least 2 clear goals to send a clear signal to those desparately trying to keep pace with us.

TB will be well aware of how we clinched relegation from the jaws of survival last season and will not be wanting it to go to the wire. Now is not the time to rest players. Some players may be tired but they should still be motivated enough to give of their best. I expect a very pumped up, full strength team to take the pitch at Morton. I certainly don't expect Morton to roll over but I do expect us to win by at least 2 clear goals to send a clear signal to those desparately trying to keep pace with us.

Pumped up?

Were you at the game today? They quite clearly hadn't fully recovered from their midweek exertions, and your expecting another gung ho approach from them 3 days from now?

As Tree said on another thread, they hardly have time to recover from minor knocks and niggly injuries, when cramming so many games into such a short period.

I was looking for a pumped up performance from them today, but very soon realised (11 minutes) that wasn't going to happen. They did of course grind out another incredible result, but (like me) they are soon going to have problems trying to keep it up.

Pumped up?

Were you at the game today? They quite clearly hadn't fully recovered from their midweek exertions, and your expecting another gung ho approach from them 3 days from now?

As Tree said on another thread, they hardly have time to recover from minor knocks and niggly injuries, when cramming so many games into such a short period.

I was looking for a pumped up performance from them today, but very soon realised (11 minutes) that wasn't going to happen. They did of course grind out another incredible result, but (like me) they are soon going to have problems trying to keep it up.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the match today but I understand what you are saying. A reaction to the Tuesday result was always on the cards, particularly in a match which the players might have seen as the easiest of the remaining fixtures. We are lucky that despite what seems to have been a fairly poor performance, the Gods were with us today. However, having gotten out of jail today and taken another very important step towards the title there should now be no let up on focus.

Of course, if players are injured they may need to miss games to recover, but if they are not, I don't see us having the depth in strength to rest players. There is a bit of flexibility around which 2 play out of Proctor, Bulvitis, Stratford, Sanchez and Odiambo but other than that the team picks itself and looks weaker when any of them are not playing. It's only a 36 match season and there's only one more midweek match to go. If the players can't cope with that when they are on the verge of a historic return to the SPL then they shouldn't be wearing the shirt at all IMHO.

The Morton game is our last midweek game (bar freeky whether ) So were in a better position than most. A big effort against Morton and Queens then we can recover more. Let get behind the whole squad. they all have a roll to play.

-----------------------Esson-----------------------

Bulvitis------Tokely---------Munro------Golabek

----------------------Duncan----------------------

--------------Cox---------------Foran-------------

Hayes---------------Rooney---------------Eagle

Bully at right back? We going for another Pavels situation here?

-----------------------Esson-----------------------

Bulvitis------Tokely---------Munro------Golabek

----------------------Duncan----------------------

--------------Cox---------------Foran-------------

Hayes---------------Rooney---------------Eagle

I have to say, I actually quite like that! Maybe swap Rossco and Bulvitis though.