FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time for contract talks?

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I think now that we have all but won the title it is time for contract talks with our players out of contract because if we don't they may get nicked and that spells a long hard hog in the SPL without a decent pool of players.

I expect most on here agree with me?

would hope that the majority of the squad would want to stay together and give the SPL a shot, same as happened in 04. hopefully terry can influence them to stay. after all he has taken some of them from reserves and nowhere to first team regulars

Hayes and Cox would be advised to stay. They're young and part of an established team. To move so soon without the knowledge that they can sustain first team football in a new set-up for a few pounds is counter-productive in the long-term. For the same reason, it might be advisable for Rooney to sign a new contract.

I would have thought some of the legends, Tokely and Duncan, would want to stay, maybe Proctor too.

The doubts would be Foran and Esson. They've both experienced bad moves in their career. Maybe a decent, if not the highest, wage, being key players under a system they seem to like would persuade them. Wouldn't rule it out.

Can't see anyone moving on to be honest. The experienced ones (Esson, Foran, etc) all stayed with us when we were relegated, so I can't see them wanting to leave now we've returned. Plus, I think Butcher has built a really strongly bonded squad here, and I reckon they all enjoy being part of it.

What about our Management duo?

Surely their stock has risen and they will need a further extension. Thankfully they both have contracts at present.

I feel gulity posting this today, but it is a reality or fact of life (or football)

I think now that we have all but won the title it is time for contract talks with our players out of contract because if we don't they may get nicked and that spells a long hard hog in the SPL without a decent pool of players.

I expect most on here agree with me?

I would agree but I dont know what a " long hard hog " is :)

DC the grim and renagade should maybe just be allowed access to serious topics and general topics, but not transfered all together.

Tuffy is to scared of Esson to come here.

Jonny Tuffey needs to sign for us. He needs to. We need to be entertained and he's an entertaining keeper. Is Esson all that? I don't think so. I think Mikey Fraser is a better keeper than Esson. Not that I don't rate Esson. I want to be watching enertaining football next year.

Talks should have started in December, before anyone else could get our players to sign pre-contracts.

Now we are champions, hopefully we can get most of the squad signed up asap.

Be hearted by the fact that none of our squad signed a pre-contract.