FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Mascot?

Here's a couple of the conceptual drawings I had done a few years ago following the research and survey work I did on what people would like to see as club mascot. Many of you will have seen these before as I trot them out every year when the subject comes up :022:

post-3-1272878651.gif

post-3-1272878677.jpg

It has to be Nessie. All others are imposters.

Actually Nessie is also an imposter as it's not actually our Mascot....just like the stag and the fox it's something that has been thrust upon us by a corporate looking to have their brand paraded around TCS.

What we need is our own Mascot with it's own identity...something that will remain with us regardless of who wants to put their name on it's back, something that can be sent out into the community and be instantly recognised as "The ICT Mascot" and not just someone else's mascot in an ICT shirt.

It has to be Nessie. All others are imposters.

I love the Nessie mascot we have just now ~ great costume! But alot depends on the person inside it. Whoever did it a while ago never seemed to want to interact with kids, thereby nullifying the whole point of having a bleedin' mascot in my opinion p020.gif

Here's a couple of the conceptual drawings I had done a few years ago following the research and survey work I did on what people would like to see as club mascot. Many of you will have seen these before as I trot them out every year when the subject comes up :022:

post-3-1272878651.gif

post-3-1272878677.jpg

These are great CaleyD! I particularly like the hairy highlander as it symbolises strength and is different from any other football mascot I can think of.

Both pics are brilliant CaleyD, but I'd prefer a dolphin. I've sat in the North stand before and seen the dolphins leaping in the Firth from my seat. They are the main source of tourism in the area as people come from all over the world to see them, and I've met Chris Packham and Charlie Phillips on Chanonry Point filming them for a BBC2 programme. A dolphin would be quite appropriate I think.

I'm a big fan of "Hamish the Hairy Highlander" CaleyD! Very unique and specific to a Highland team! Don't think many would want a topless muscular man patrolling the sidelines and hugging their kids though! :022:

Actually Nessie is also an imposter as it's not actually our Mascot....just like the stag and the fox it's something that has been thrust upon us by a corporate looking to have their brand paraded around TCS.

Well in terms of advertising it's failing miserably, because I never realised it was corporate branded!

I think the Loch Ness Monster is the most obvious choice for a Mascot for ICT.

(I like the 'Highlander' pictured above too, but it might be vaguely frightening for some wee kids.)

Here's a point that hasn't been raised yet, why does the mascot have to be someone in a big suit? Benfica I believe also are associated wth the eagle, so they have an eagle, a real one, flying around the stadium before the game begins. I think that would be pretty cool.

Here's a point that hasn't been raised yet, why does the mascot have to be someone in a big suit? Benfica I believe also are associated wth the eagle, so they have an eagle, a real one, flying around the stadium before the game begins. I think that would be pretty cool.

:022:

In honour of Terry we could maybe do something similar with 3 lions. It would certainly keep the players on their toes during the warm-up.

Our "unofficial" nickname in the media is "The Highlanders" - that's what they call us and that's what we are and I quite like that.

I'm for the Hairy Highlander.

(Dolphins suggest a bit of tree-hugging anyway, and real Highlanders don't do that!)

Our "unofficial" nickname in the media is "The Highlanders" - that's what they call us and that's what we are and I quite like that.

I'm for the Hairy Highlander.

(Dolphins suggest a bit of tree-hugging anyway, and real Highlanders don't do that!)

Aye, I was thinking that too. Hopefully Mr Dolphin would be allowed outside the confines of Caley Stadium just as he would in the wild, and ICT better not sign any Japanese players or it could all come to a sticky end.