FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Koki Mizuno

CaleyStag

Apologies for the overall vagueness of this rumour. I read somewhere (cannot for the life of me remember where) that Mizuno could come to ICT on loan from Celtic next season. I know absolutely nothing about him, other than he plays on the right of midfield. IF this is genuine, do we need him? Where and how often would he play?

Apologies for the overall vagueness of this rumour. I read somewhere (cannot for the life of me remember where) that Mizuno could come to ICT on loan from Celtic next season. I know absolutely nothing about him, other than he plays on the right of midfield. IF this is genuine, do we need him? Where and how often would he play?

Hyped as the next Nakamura in Japan, probably quite speedy, skillful, but lacking in physical presence (not really necessary for winger i know) and might be struggling at celtic fiiting in with language barrier and reluctance to defend/ability to defend. Could be a decent loan addition, but could be a Fetai...

Guest Mahonio

I say we don't need him as we have Foran who will play right Mid most of the time so that answers both your questions.

Just because someone else will likely slot into a position, does not mean a similar player is "not needed". If this guy's a good player then he's a good player, and side like ICT can't afford to let good players slip out of reach. If he's good enough and is willing to come, then he should be signed, whether he plays in the first team straight away from the first minute is irrelevant.

Edited by Renegade

I say we don't need him as we have Foran who will play right Mid most of the time so that answers both your questions.

Do you not mean Hayes? Foran always plays on the left?

Anyway, loan players dont always seem to work for us.

I thought he looked terrific under Strachan. One of the most asked questions I heard from Celtic supporters in the Mowbray months was "what happened to Koki Mizuno?" I'd have him in the team like a shot.

Guest Mahonio

Just because someone else will likely slot into a position, does not mean a similar player is "not needed". If this guy's a good player then he's a good player, and side like ICT can't afford to let good players slip out of reach. If he's good enough and is willing to come, then he should be signed, whether he plays in the first team straight away from the first minute is irrelevant.

It does in this case because the topic starter says that KM is looking for FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL and with Hayes in that position which he plays then Mizuno is likely to reject the move. I take it you are all for us moving for Koki, Rene?

It would be GREAT if we could tempt him here though and now that we have released 2 midfielders in Eagle and Stratford i change my mind from yesterday and say yes we do need him now, you see Rene, things change daily eh :ph34r: ?

I think I'm right in saying that Mizuno can also play in the centre so he could in fact play in the first team alongside Hayes, Rooney and Foran.

Edit - According to Football Manager 2010, Mizuno can play in the centre as well as on the left, but it is not his natural position.

Edited by Renegade

According to Football Manager ......

:ph34r: that opening to a sentence is where the rest of the post usually becomes irrelevant !

According to Football Manager ......

:ph34r: that opening to a sentence is where the rest of the post usually becomes irrelevant !

:015:

Aye, I know, but it was the best source I could find!