FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hamish Munro

Having just returned from Hamish's funeral, I thought I would just pen a few words.

Regulars at the Social club, and many, many more ICT fans, would have known "Wee Hamish" who died last week at the age of 71. Although he also played on the wing for Clach, Brora and Elgin, he was Caley through and through, having coached as well as played at Telford Street.

Following the formation of ICT he became a regular in Section C of the Main Stand and there was also his continued presence in the Social Club post match. During the merger he played a brief but vital part in the realisation of ICT through his involvement with one of the motions which eventually sorted out the assets question.

There was a huge turnout at the funeral in the East Church this afternoon and a large number of those present were from the Inverness football community.

It is not the purpose of this post to give a biography or a tribute, which Hugh Crout did admirably in the church - merely to mark the passing of an ICT and Inverness football stalwart.

Just back from the service as well Charles. what a great turnout for one of the good guys. Saw old Caley, Jags and Clach faces who were there to honour an old friend. thought Hugh Crout did very well with his tribute and it was lovely that all his Caley club friends came in with the family because to Hamish they were all part of his family.Will be missed.

I think we were speaking to him on the bus back from the second County game in Dingwall.

I mentioned his name to my dad when I got back, he was a well known Inverness guy and a really good fellow apparently. RIP.

Nice post Charles. I think Hugh expressed in the church what many of us feel. Hamish was part not only of Highland football but of the Inverness community. Hamish will be missed by many of us, old and young. A true gentleman. I'd love to see Hugh's poem published for others who couldn't be with us today. Best wishes, Graham

I hadn't realised Hamish had died, so thanks CB for that mini tribute.

I remember his debut for Caley. I think he was only 16 or 17. He joined a Caley team which was rebuilding after their great side of the early 50s

Hamish was always a crowd favourite and a great wee player. RIP

A true gentleman who will be greatly missed. The Caley Club won't be the same without that wide grin on a matchday, nor will the full time debate be as lively.

My thoughts exactly, still can't believe he has gone. A real character who will be greatly missed by everyone who had the pleasure to know him.