FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

robert eagle on trial with us

jonnymariner

hi guys,firstly im a grimsby town fan and have robert eagle who was recently with you last year i think on trial with us,he played last night in a match and was quite impressive and it looks like we might sign him,how was he and any good? thanks guys any info appreciated and all the best for you next season cheers jonny

hi guys,firstly im a grimsby town fan and have robert eagle who was recently with you last year i think on trial with us,he played last night in a match and was quite impressive and it looks like we might sign him,how was he and any good? thanks guys any info appreciated and all the best for you next season cheers jonny

Not a bad first touch, but very one-footed and a bit lightweight - tended not to get involved much in games that were quite physical in nature. I don't know what the standard is in your league compared to SFL 1, but he couldn't get back into our team for the last two-thirds of the season. Good luck for the season.

I liked Eagle - he was a popular player, both with the support and his team-mates...

Maybe not quite automatic first team material, but it was always good to see him on the bench. There was no shortage of effort and commitment from him when he did make an appearance.

Not a bad first touch, but very one-footed and a bit lightweight - tended not to get involved much in games that were quite physical in nature. I don't know what the standard is in your league compared to SFL 1, but he couldn't get back into our team for the last two-thirds of the season. Good luck for the season.

ok thanks,he did well in the first 50 min or so then tired a bit,looks like he has some ability and a good pass,did you also have steven watt looks like we are signing him to lol

He has a good work rate and an excellent cross.

Only drawbacks are his lack of strength and he is also a bit slow for a winger. He could do well at conference level though.

I liked Eagle and thought he was unlucky not to get a new deal. Always good to bring on when we needed a goal or to shake things up, he gave his all and could do well for you. Possibly a bit light weight at times as mentioned but a good player regardless.

Steven Watt, didn't really rate him but he did ok for our lower league neighbours Ross C*unty.

Good luck

Watt played a few minor games for us as well.

I liked Eagle, good ball retention and prepared to go backwards to go forward. Not very direct but handy to have in the squad.

For a winger (well wide midfielder) he had zero pace and rarely went past anyone. He used the ball fairly well, didn't give it away much but he never really created anything going forward. He did seem to improve a bit in the latter stages of the season - the derby game up in Dingwall, he came on and played very well, hitting the post.

I clapped his back when we all invaded the pitch after winning the league.

Eagle was probably on the cusp of a new deal. He looked better than Hayes in pre-season but he'd never actually played much before so the standard/fitness dropped. I think if he played regularly for a season, he would be a genuine contender for a first team place at ICT (not that I think he'll be back but hypothetically).

From what i saw of Eagles....he was a decent enough player. That sed...i wouldnt start him. I see him as a player you bring on with maybe 20-30 mins to go, to try and change a game. He does put in some good balls. So all in all.....not the worst player you could sign.

Good touch and passing ability but slow as stated. Might benifit from a more central role. A deep lying playmaker in the Pirlo (ok bit of a leap quality comparison wise, but Im talking positionally) mould but he'd need to spend some time in the gym.