FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We Will Lose Against Hamilton

Harry Chibber

Ok, so we have all creamed over the terrific result against United and to an extent our first half display against Celtic. We didn't fluke the result at Tanadice, it seems (from what I've read, seen and heard) we played great football and scored 4 excellent goals. If you take into consideration our opponent, Hamilton, have conceded a whopping 8 goals in 2 SPL games and just been knocked out of the cup by 1st division Raith Rovers. On top of all that they are set to be missing captain Alex Neil (injury) and their best defender Martin Canning (suspension), they sold their best midfielder, McArthur, during the transfer window and Billy Reid seems to be experimenting with a new formation.

there is a lot (^) in our favour and I'm even tempted to stick some cash on @ evens with the bookies for a home win but this expectancy is exactly why we will lose this game and to top it all off Imrie will score the winner. We haven't beaten Hamilton since they made it to the SPL, Billy Reid knows how to beat us, a bit like Calderwood did at Aberdeen.. I don't know how but they just know.

Hopefully me posting this will soften the blow when we lose and all the renewed optimism turns to numerous posts regarding Tel's inadequacies.

... and if I'm wrong then we'll all be happy :)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 8

Either that or we'll lose tonight and have to pull our fingers out for Saturday..... I'd much rather win tonight though if we had to lose one of them, we need a good cup run!

I hope we can win though, all this early season form will do us well in the new FIFA and Football Manager :twothumbsup:

I think if we get a goal in the first 35 minutes we will rip hamilton apart but if not they will just sit in and defend but if we do score earlyish they will have to attack then hayes and odhiambo can make massive gaps in their defence

Tbh i was thinking the same thing as well. Hamilton were our bogey team last time in the top flight and i expect a backlash from them. I'm actually quite nervous about Saturday.

Tbh i was thinking the same thing as well. Hamilton were our bogey team last time in the top flight and i expect a backlash from them. I'm actually quite nervous about Saturday.

Im pretty confident tbh.

I think it could be a walk in the park

I think it was more of a case that Billy Reid knew how to beat Brewster....as did many other managers.

ICT may still have many of the same players, but we are a very different team to the one which Billy Reid knows.

i'll be delighted if we hump the dumpers.

Can't see anything other than a humping for Billy Reid's boys if the nucleus of the side that humped Utd take to the field....

Forget all these old wife's tales about bogey teams....Caley Thistle are a team of hardened pro's now - they will not let us down.

Prediction : 3-0 (minimum!)

Have faith!

• Agree 1

If the object of the Chibber exercise was to bring us back down to earth then job done !!!

We have played pretty well in each of our opening two games but we need to make sure we are up for every game .. be it the "big" games against the OF or any of the other perpetual top six teams, or be it against our fellow bottom feeders. If anything these "bottom six" games are more important as some of them are literally 6 pointers.

I hear what you say HC and its hard to argue against you but as others have said, Billy Reid has not yet had to deal with ICT under TB, only under CB which was a different animal. I would also add one thing to our mindset that may make us stronger mentally and that is fear of relegation .... If any of our players need motivation they only need to consider the uncertainty and anguish they experienced two seasons ago and that should be enough to give them that extra jolt .......

While it's admirable to be realistic, it's evident TB has created an upbeat, positive mood within the camp. It was crystal clear that the result on Sunday was a massive boost for confidence and morale. The players are playing for each other now - something which was badly lacking under Brew. I think a solid performance tonight with a few goals (for us) will set us up nicely for the weekend. Hamilton will either get a jolt from last nights result and come out fighting, or they'll collapse on Saturday. I'm not too confident about this - but I'm hopeful. First goal on Saturday will lead to that team winning.

'Mon the Caley eh.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Just flicked onto the forum while I was contemplating a largish investment at the very generous odds offerred up by the bookies on this fixture. They got it way wrong on Sunday (5/1!!) and they have done it again. Gone are the days when Caley were overpriced for almost every game in the lower divisions but the bookies still have a tendancy to see the promoted side as whipping boys early season. I hear all that is said and it is a matter for some thought. However, without being complacent, I cannot see us not winning this game. Now..............how much?

Just flicked onto the forum while I was contemplating a largish investment at the very generous odds offerred up by the bookies on this fixture. They got it way wrong on Sunday (5/1!!) and they have done it again. Gone are the days when Caley were overpriced for almost every game in the lower divisions but the bookies still have a tendancy to see the promoted side as whipping boys early season. I hear all that is said and it is a matter for some thought. However, without being complacent, I cannot see us not winning this game. Now..............how much?

Im thinking about ?100. Thats what i will accept loosing. Its pay day. get the full wage packet on it.

If the object of the Chibber exercise was to bring us back down to earth then job done !!!

We have played pretty well in each of our opening two games but we need to make sure we are up for every game .. be it the "big" games against the OF or any of the other perpetual top six teams, or be it against our fellow bottom feeders. If anything these "bottom six" games are more important as some of them are literally 6 pointers.

I hear what you say HC and its hard to argue against you but as others have said, Billy Reid has not yet had to deal with ICT under TB, only under CB which was a different animal. I would also add one thing to our mindset that may make us stronger mentally and that is fear of relegation .... If any of our players need motivation they only need to consider the uncertainty and anguish they experienced two seasons ago and that should be enough to give them that extra jolt .......

I'm actually trying to curse use to win..... if you get me

Something Tel managed to do last season was win consistently and for the first time in a long time we dealt with the pressure of being favourites going into each game, something Brewster struggled with. I hope that momentum can continue into this season but we can't expect to have it our own way against stronger opposition. As I said, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong (so will my wallet) but as the scarf would say "I have a bad feeling about this"

anyway, it's about time I posted something that got some red dots :cool:

• Disagree 4

Tel appears to be enjoying life in the highlands. He appears settled and most importantly, enjoying his role at the club. Regardless of what we say, he's shaped a team of winners. And we are due a break against the accies.

I hear what you say HC and its hard to argue against you but as others have said, Billy Reid has not yet had to deal with ICT under TB, only under CB which was a different animal.

Billy Reid's Hamilton have faced Terry Butcher's Inverness, twice in fact, at the tail end of 08/09.

So saying Butcher was still settling into his job.

The good news is, Hamilton failed to beat us. The bad news, we failed to beat them.

Both matches 1-1.

I'm actually trying to curse use to win..... if you get me

Something Tel managed to do last season was win consistently and for the first time in a long time we dealt with the pressure of being favourites going into each game, something Brewster struggled with. I hope that momentum can continue into this season but we can't expect to have it our own way against stronger opposition. As I said, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong (so will my wallet) but as the scarf would say "I have a bad feeling about this"

anyway, it's about time I posted something that got some red dots :cool:

Good man , have another one.:tongueincheek:

Hope we don't.

TB seems to have introduced a level of ruthless efficency hitherto missing. Saturday is a marvellous opportunity to create a decent gap between us and Hamilton, in terms of both points and goal ddifference.

No complacency please, and lets not let Hamilton kick start their seaon, eh!

Hope we don't.

TB seems to have introduced a level of ruthless efficency hitherto missing. Saturday is a marvellous opportunity to create a decent gap between us and Hamilton, in terms of both points and goal ddifference.

No complacency please, and lets not let Hamilton kick start their seaon, eh!

Spot on.