FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team fer Cellic

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

How can the formation i picked be the same as the one played? I said 5-4-1 yet Tel played 3-5-2 (so i was told anyway) and also how was i to know the team shape when i posted this. Jeez, i really am hated on here, a -35 reputation and all because of an opinion, excuse me, for not feeling loved or liked and picking on peoples replies to me.

ICT lined up 5-4-1, I know, as I was there and saw it myself.

My point still stands where i say "how was i supposed to know Tel was going to play 5-4-1 when i posted that line-up.

Edited by Mahonio

Exactly, how could you? I'm more making the point of that it's a bit hypocritical to criticise the formation Butcher played, when it's the same formation you yourself would of played had you been in charge.

I was meant to add a small comment stating that i should have apologised for stating that as one of the reasons that i wanted him out, it was just that i was told he played 3-5-2 and that was the formation that i was slating and the funny thing about that thread was that it WAS done in a heat of the moment, hence maybe not making sense AND the narkiness of me towards the others who were name calling, when i am wild, NOBODY should name call me (in fact, they shouldn't full stop and thats why i feel unwelcome on here, because i feel that i am hated or why would they name-call).

Mahonio I dont think your hated , I think your style of posting pisses folk off , considering you dont even go to games you seem to have a lot to say on formations / tactics etc.

yeah i agree, and to get that upset over a game that you didn't even go to is a bit extreme. I could understand if you travelled all the way from Thurso but you didn't. I only travelled about 20 miles and i'm still annoyed i wasted ?17.50 plus to see a reserve side getting demolished but i understand why TB done it, i just don't really agree with it.

• Agree 1

Has there ever been an occasion in ICT's history when the manager has basically decided we ain't gonna win so we might as well save ourselves for the next game? I can't think of any previous examples.

Edited by Yngwie

Has there ever been an occasion in ICT's history when the manager has basically decided we ain't gonna win so we might as well save ourselves for the next game? I can't think of any previous examples.

I would think most decent managers would be thinking along the lines of saving/resting key players for more important fixtures ahead.

As others have suggested the CIS Cup is pretty meaningless - The Midden game is a massive fixture. Even at this early stage in the season, it's imperative we take at least 1 point here.

I would think most decent managers would be thinking along the lines of saving/resting key players for more important fixtures ahead.

As others have suggested the CIS Cup is pretty meaningless - The Midden game is a massive fixture. Even at this early stage in the season, it's imperative we take at least 1 point here.

But they are full time professional athletes, i can't understand why they can't play two matches in a week when the season only just started last month! Knackered and injury prone already? if they are we are in real trouble and something is wrong somewhere. Why send out a strong team against Peterhead and not against Celtic?

Well we've just seen what happened to Lee Cox - TB is saying it looks like a broken ankle now, and he could be out for months.

Bad enough it should happen to Cox - it would have been even worse had it been Hayes, Foran or Rooney.

Cox is certainly not injury prone - by all accounts he was the victim of a really nasty, unnecessary and career threatening challenge.

Well we've just seen what happened to Lee Cox - TB is saying it looks like a broken ankle now, and he could be out for months.

Bad enough it should happen to Cox - it would have been even worse had it been Hayes, Foran or Rooney.

Cox is certainly not injury prone - by all accounts he was the victim of a really nasty, unnecessary and career threatening challenge.

I know what your saying but these sort of things happen very rarely. If we were pushing for the 1st division title and we drew Celtic like Ross County did i'm sure we would have put out a full strength side looking to win the match. Maybe i'm just a bit bitter from turning up at a match that was lost before it even kicked off. The cup matches are always a highlight for me throughout the season .I don't think any ICT manager has given up before a match has started to try and rest players for a match we might lose anyway. I really hope that this isn't going to be a regular occurence either. We don't even play in europe, i can see why bigger teams would field a weakened side in the league cup as they have the league and europe to think about but they also have the squad depth to do that. A couple extra matches 6 weeks into the season can't be that bad for the players.

I know what your saying but these sort of things happen very rarely. If we were pushing for the 1st division title and we drew Celtic like Ross County did i'm sure we would have put out a full strength side looking to win the match. Maybe i'm just a bit bitter from turning up at a match that was lost before it even kicked off. The cup matches are always a highlight for me throughout the season .I don't think any ICT manager has given up before a match has started to try and rest players for a match we might lose anyway. I really hope that this isn't going to be a regular occurence either. We don't even play in europe, i can see why bigger teams would field a weakened side in the league cup as they have the league and europe to think about but they also have the squad depth to do that. A couple extra matches 6 weeks into the season can't be that bad for the players.

Good point, and very well made!

It must be hard for TB, or any manager in a similar situation to strike a balance between fielding a side that would be capable of competing in a one off game in a cup competition, and yet keep in mind the importance of attempting to create a 3 point gap between ourselves, and the likes of St Midden on Saturday. I'm quite sure TB was hoping for more from the team he fielded on Wednesday night. You could argue he gave several of them a chance to make a name for themselves.

Good points paisley but the thing is we dont have depth in our squad. We have key players already on long term injury list and one more to add as a result of this game. With a squad of 28+ and a good balance across all positions then yes go for it with the strongest team.

County, last season, were competing in Scottish Cup. Here theres a greater incentive and greater reward so its more worth the risk. The rewards in CIS are low and to risk the league, knowing deep down that Celtic are more likely to win the game, is a choice the manager has been forced into.

The CIS cup is hardly meaningless to a club like ICT , dont you remember the excitement when we reach the Alba cup final ? Now thats a meaningless cup .

• Agree 1

Mahonio I dont think your hated , I think your style of posting pisses folk off , considering you dont even go to games you seem to have a lot to say on formations / tactics etc.

yeah i agree, and to get that upset over a game that you didn't even go to is a bit extreme. I could understand if you travelled all the way from Thurso but you didn't. I only travelled about 20 miles and i'm still annoyed i wasted £17.50 plus to see a reserve side getting demolished but i understand why TB done it, i just don't really agree with it.

It isn't my ******* fault that i work more often than not, some people can't just get time off to go to a football game especially when at the moment i am the only one who does the bar and was lucky to get someone to cover for me last week. That is a disgraceful thing to pick on me for so you get a RED dot for it :irritated: :irritated: :irritated:

Edited by Mahonio

Green dot - fer having the bravery to apologise :twothumbsup:

And now you are only 87 green dots behind me :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

:ohmy::ohmy: Someone did actually notice my apology and in reply to your next sentence :laugh::laugh::laugh: , i really like you and here was me RIGHTLY feeling unwelcome but unfortunately, i still feel unwelcome regarding some posts to me :cry: .

Exactly, how could you? I'm more making the point of that it's a bit hypocritical to criticise the formation Butcher played, when it's the same formation you yourself would of played had you been in charge.

I was meant to add a small comment stating that i should have apologised for stating that as one of the reasons that i wanted him out, it was just that i was told he played 3-5-2 and that was the formation that i was slating and the funny thing about that thread was that it WAS done in a heat of the moment, hence maybe not making sense AND the narkiness of me towards the others who were name calling, when i am wild, NOBODY should name call me (in fact, they shouldn't full stop and thats why i feel unwelcome on here, because i feel that i am hated or why would they name-call).

Dry your eyes man! You sound like a wee whiney girl!!

Dry your eyes man! You sound like a wee whiney girl!!

Count yourself lucky that i have no Red dots available because that crap would have got one because it is replies like that that pisses me off, now beat it!!

Edited by Mahonio

Count yourself lucky that i have no Red dots available because that crap would have got one because it is replies like that that pisses me off, now beat it!!

i think you need to chill with the red dots at every slight. you just got to roll with the punches, some people have a go just for the sake of it and others will do it cause they disagree with what you have said. it happens.

it doesnt need reported everytime mate