FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Older ICT fans

dougal

Ok seeing ICT is still relatively a new club and that we have quite a unique fanbase , i can't think of any other clubs in the british isles who are like us :ictscarf:

My question is to all ICT fans but especially the older fans do you or did you have a big team before the formation of ICT?

I know the Canadian dude and the Infertile Howdenender are/were both Cellic fans that seem to have switched allegiance to ICT but are there many more like them on here?

I'll start it off my big team is Nottingham Forest once a European giant that have fallen from grace but are slowly showing signs of recovery

My dream is that one day i will see Forest in Europe once more but also along with ICT

dougal

When Caley still played in the Highland league my 'big team' was Aberdeen. My Dad has always supported them and used to take me to some of the games when Fergie was still the manager. They really were a great team then and I still have very fond memories of watching them winning in cup finals.

Strange to think now how bad The Dons have become and to see us above them in the league.

I still have a soft spot for Aberdeen and they will always remain my '2nd team' and hope they win whenever they are not play ICT.

• Agree 1

Ok seeing ICT is still relatively a new club and that we have quite a unique fanbase , i can't think of any other clubs in the british isles who are like us :ictscarf:

My question is to all ICT fans but especially the older fans do you or did you have a big team before the formation of ICT?

I know the Canadian dude and the Infertile Howdenender are/were both Cellic fans that seem to have switched allegiance to ICT but are there many more like them on here?

I'll start it off my big team is Nottingham Forest once a European giant that have fallen from grace but are slowly showing signs of recovery

My dream is that one day i will see Forest in Europe once more but also along with ICT

dougal

Have you just discovered the internet is for other stuff too?

Until the merger Hibernian. Since then ICT through and through. :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Well when I first started taking an interest in Caley's fortunes, Saints were still a relatively big premiership side doing quite well in the top flight, so I guess Southampton would be my answer. Other than facilities, budget and possibly fan base, I'd say Caley are as big as Saints now though. Certainly think if the 2 were to play each other that ICT could win comfortably.

Sorry Alex I don't really have the time to start trolling through the archives to see what subjects have been talked about previously

I'm quite surprised by the answers already I just assumed there would be more old filth fans but I suppose the thread is in it's early stages

Were you a regular at Kingsmills?

Edited by dougal

Inverness Thistle FC

dougal do you have a notebook full of subjects that have been done to death in the past or are you really so niave as you come across?

Oh come on Alex, the post specifically says BIG team! :laugh:

My BIG team was Caledonian FCand now it's ICT

Edited by caleyboy

Are you sitting comfortably?

I was always a Caley Fan, At school it was British Bull dogs Rangers Vs Aberdeen OR Caley Vs Thistle, I sided with the Dons on the R V's A but my team was Caley as i was taken to the Caley Games by my Uncle, my Dad and Uncle were both tims but never tried to poach me to the Ugly Sister.

So the Dons were my Diddy team pre 94 to some existent,

I have soft spots for Huddersfield Town and Stafford Rangers as they were the matches I went to when I was in Training and at other bases with friends.

Over all I have always been a Caley Fan, I have only seen the Dons play once with out Caley been involved.

Edited by Georgeios

I was actually a County fan up until we won promotion in 2004.

I remember standing in the jailend during the derby games cursing Iain Stewart and latterly Ross Tokely and Barry Robson. I hated them.

I was a fan of SPL football so I decided to buy a season ticket in 2004 and travavelled to Pittodrie for the home games and I was hooked.

Caley 'til I die.

in my irresponsible and naive youth i was a rangers fan, (my gran bought me a top one year). caley were a 3rd/2nd division team at the time and were my main team but i still followed rangers a lot, only went to a couple games. but i grew wiser and less delinquent like around thw age of 16 and binned the gers top to be replaced by numerous caley tops. :ictscarf:

would never could never go back, having lived in glasgow for 7 years i hate what the old firm stand for and pettyness that goes with it. there is only one team for me now. :ictscarf:

wooof, took a lot to admit to that :biggrin: glad its out there.

<BR>Always Caledonian/ICT<BR>
<BR><BR>I must admit that during the 70's/80's i did have a soft spot for Nottimgham Forest, due to their incredible European Cup runs.<BR>More recently having played St Ettiene in Football Manager 2008-2010, i find myself checking their results.<BR><BR>as for the "is he isnt he" debate, i think Mr A Douglas wouldnt be on here without his normal tirade agains ICT, besides he's too busy with chosen OF team Edited by BornCaley