FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Curse of ICT

Doofer

It seems to me that all our managers that have left the club for so called "bigger teams" have done pretty badly. Pele left and went to aberdeen and lasted about a year i think. Robbo left and went to hearts and lasted less than a year and now brewster left for dundee utd and last 28 games. Sounds like abit of a curse if you ask me! So if you are the inverness manager and you want to be a good and successful manager then you must stay at ICT otherwise you will chash and burn as the above 3 have. Long live Charlie

Guest ripbrewsters_millions

I reckon we all put a collective hex on the managers that leave us.

Either that or it's all down to me. The last two managers, exactly 2 weeks before they each left I had my photo taken with them. They were both condemned to failure at their "I couldn't say no to them" teams. Coincidence.....you decide. doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo (that was the twighlight zone music btw  :evil07:)

Charlie has made a good start but still has a lot to learn, and thats what he will do ... stay at ICT and LEARN his trade.

He WILL make mistakes but one mistake I dont think he will make is to move elsewhere. Our board chose a man who is already at his dream club and wont be blinded by the lure of moving elsewhere. If he were to end up so succesful that someone like Celtic came calling, it might be hard to resist, but no way is he gonna jump ship for Tannadice, Pittodrie or anywhere else.

Incidentally - for the stattos out there ... Brewster left DU after 2 wins in 28. He had 17 in 50 at ICT, and Charlie, who some felt was not a worthy successor now has 15 wins in 34 (10 draws, 9 defeats).

Has anyone ever left ICT and actually bettered themselves? I for one can't think of any, except, maybe, for Barry Robson who may be better off wages wise (for now) but certainly not club or league position.

Paul Sheerin, Prunty & Mann have done alright for themselves at a lower level but no player/manager apart from maybe Robson has competed on a similar level after leaving ICT. 

I think Robbo might eventually do well at aclub if he sticks with them for more than 2 seasons but he seems to prefer playing hot potato. 

Up until the last couple of seasons Robson has easily bettered himself by moving.

All well and good saying that he hasn't now that we are above them in the league but for a while we weren't so he is possibly the best candidate for bettering themselves after leaving the Highlands.