FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pele

Pele_Is_God

I recall that McGuire went there on a short term deal so that he could keep fit before going over to the USA - but I think that was about 18 months ago!

It's been a remarkable fall for some of those players, but I'd imagine that Formartine have some decent money behind them that makes it worthwhile.

Phil McGuire is playing for Lochee United last i heard.

Hope the move to Formartine works out well for Pele.

Yes, i have a respect for Pele, especially after reading his book to wonder how he came back from that.

Mcguire, well i never liked him as a footballer, so he's found his level.

• Agree 1

Why did he go to Formartine? I thought he was doing a good job with Huntly and I heard their pretty loaded. I know Formartine are loaded as well. Even still I thought he would have stayed to finish job with Huntly.

huntly are skint thats why pele left

seemingly notmans on ?1000 a week,hannah ?400 and soutar ?500 not sustainable for long

Eh? Who's paying for it?

there chairman Athol Cadger made his millions in oil

So did Jenna Jameson....I wonder if they know each other!!!

there chairman Athol Cadger made his millions in oil

So did Jenna Jameson....I wonder if they know each other!!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Now that's a classic!!

I have to say, though, that I always feel very uncomfortable seeing any team which is funded way out of proportion with its realistic substance as a club. The ultimate absurdity was Gretna where a village club had millions pumped into it by an unstable narcissist and attention seeker in desperately bad health where it was obvious that the whole thing was an utter house of cards from the start. How on earth anyone could see any merit in the desperately contrived scenario there has always amazed me.

However I digress into a completely extreme case. But there are a few other clubs around which clearly live beyond the boundaries of their own basic significance - usually by paying players money which is well above the going rate for where they are.

For instance if Strathyjags' numbers are accurate for Formartine then that is absurd for a part time Aberdeenshire village club in the Highland League. I think what begins to happen there is that the players are fully aware that they are being paid far more than the value of thee job they are doing and when that happens, the effect seems not to be for them to put in a bit extra to justify this but to switch off altogether.

Indeed there may be a few players cadging off Cadger!