FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positions/Players Needed for Next Season

Renegade

Besides the stupid decision in getting rid of Duncan and Munro, there's nobody that Butcher's getting rid of who I'd really lose sleep over. Odhiambo was not good enough, Blumenshtein was always injured and Max Johnson was never going to play anyway. Golabek, Innes and McBain are all getting on a bit. Hogg I would've liked to have kept but if he wants away then that's fair enough. The only one I would put into the "Maybe" category is Dani Sanchez. I liked him as he seemed quite good on the ball and offered something a little bit different. Again though, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by Renegade

And here's something to add on next signings and where they might be coming. I seem to recollect over a year ago when Boardroom Banter was still on the go, it was mentioned that ICT had a number of links with Australian clubs and we would see a number of young Australian players coming over for a trial. As of yet, there hasn't been any to come, but I wonder if that could change this time round.

And here's something to add on next signings and where they might be coming. I seem to recollect over a year ago when Boardroom Banter was still on the go, it was mentioned that ICT had a number of links with Australian clubs and we would see a number of young Australian players coming over for a trial. As of yet, there hasn't been any to come, but I wonder if that could change this time round.

I think the straight answer to that is no. To get a visa to play in SPL they'd need to have played at international level and I cant see too many Australian internationals playing outside the OF, maybe Hearts and English top leagues.

Not if they have a parent who's an EU national, as they could then apply for a dual passport. A couple of years ago, Hearts had quite a few Australians in the Under 19/Reserve squads (Rocky Visconte being one I remember, mainly due to his great name!) and I also recollect Simon Storey at Partick Thistle and later Airdrie. Danny Invinicible is also another obvious one. None of them have ever played at the required international level.

Edited by Renegade

I see Burton O'Brien has been released. Before some starting talking of cast-offs, he was released as Falkirk couldn't afford him. I've no idea if we could either but worth a look in my opinion.

He was beyond garbage for Falkirk with the majority of their fans delighted that he has been released. One to avoid I think.

I see Burton O'Brien has been released. Before some starting talking of cast-offs, he was released as Falkirk couldn't afford him. I've no idea if we could either but worth a look in my opinion.

He was beyond garbage for Falkirk with the majority of their fans delighted that he has been released. One to avoid I think.

Excellent for Livingston though, about 10 years ago...

Not if they have a parent who's an EU national, as they could then apply for a dual passport. A couple of years ago, Hearts had quite a few Australians in the Under 19/Reserve squads (Rocky Visconte being one I remember, mainly due to his great name!) and I also recollect Simon Storey at Partick Thistle and later Airdrie. Danny Invinicible is also another obvious one. None of them have ever played at the required international level.

Cant speak of the first two but Danny has played at international level but that aside he has duel nationality and his Italian side qualifies him as an EU citizen.

From all the research I've done, the only form of international football Invincibile has playes was for U-20s back in 1999. He was called up for a senior friendly in 2009 but had not been and has not since. he is still yet to be fully capped for the Socceroos.

Had a look at the list of out of contract players just now and a couple of names stood out. The main one that stood out was the American striker Eddie Johnson. Numerous caps for the USA but seemed a bit in and out at Fulham. I don't know what wages he'd be after but he is a big, fast forward that ICT could do with, especially with Rooney possibly being away. Would he come though, that's the thing. No harm in looking mind.

Another one I noticed who'd been released was the big New Zealand striker Rory Fallon. Just been released by Plymouth but I do seem to recollect him being quite good at the last World Cup.

Edited by Renegade

Doofers Dad

That wee Japanese fella--good ball control , cool under pressure and has a low centre of gravity. Perfect as a future prospect but wouldn't his mum have to come too? Thinks--perfect, she probably is an expert in Shiatsu and the boys would be energised like you would not believe.

His pants would have to be shortened though--they are dragging a bit and image is important these days. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Having most of the team all signed up for next season is great news. What with now only Rooney and Duff the remaining players yet to decide their futures.

Whilst I'd like to keep Rooney obviously, I'm sure we all would, I dont see it happening. He's likely to go on to better things. Though I would like to think he would guard himself against moves to Hibs (as good as a sidewards step) or Fleetwood (a much lower level (effectively non league) where he could be forgotten). If he gets a good offer from the championship or league 1 even then yeah, by all means it'd probably be a good move but anything lower would seem to be more financial reward than anything. And at 22 he has plenty of time before he has to worry about a big pay day.

On Duff, I'd like him to stay. Moreso for continuities sake as anything. But should he go, then I'd say a replacement right back rather than midfielder should be the priority.

With the loss of 3 experienced centre halves (Munro - still dont know why, Hogg and Innes) we only really have one recognised centre half at the club in Ross Tokely now. Proctor and Gillet can play there but I'd rather not see that. Ideally we need 2 additions in that department.

So in my opinion we need:

Right back x1,

Centre back x2,

Striker or Attacking Mid x1 (and if Rooney leaves, one of each).

They dont need to be all permanent, or signed as 1st team regulars but players need replaced. With Odhiambo, Sanchez and Bluhmenstien all having left, one replacement is definitely needed IMO (given the latter 2 rarely played). With Rooney likely leaving another striker will probably be needed there also. The centre backs are a must have. We have nothing there. This position worries me somewhat and I really hope Terry's got a few aces up his sleeve there.

So what do you think?

• Agree 1

I see in the P&J today Butcher says that ICT will have to go with a much younger and less experienced squad next season due to financial constraints. That just makes the reasoning to get rid of Duncan and Munro even more baffling.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I see in the P&J today Butcher says that ICT will have to go with a much younger and less experienced squad next season due to financial constraints. That just makes the reasoning to get rid of Duncan and Munro even more baffling.

Where did you see that? ive just read the P&J and cant even see any mention of ICT