FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stuart Duff

AJS

Pre-season is well underway and he is still not back. Im sorry but as much as i wouldnt mind him staying he is not irreplaceable and i find it a tad ridiculous that he is being given this long to sign an extension. Given that he has had almost 2 months to do so.

I dont know if he has been training with the team but he hasnt featured in any friendlies so i assume he hasnt. How much more time does he need?

• Agree 1

He's known about the expiry date on his contract since he signed it. TB said before the end of last season that he wanted to keep him, so if he hasn't discussed this with his family etc and decided to stay by now quite frankly, cheerio. Personally I never rated that highly anyway but horses for courses I guess.

• Agree 1

Think what I said was quite fair. If he don't wanna stay fair enough he's had loads of time to decide and at least then TB would know he had the cash tae spend on an alternative as the new season is fast approaching.

• Agree 3

Think what I said was quite fair. If he don't wanna stay fair enough he's had loads of time to decide and at least then TB would know he had the cash tae spend on an alternative as the new season is fast approaching.

Well said Fraz, lets take the opportunity to offload this passenger and move on.

The club have given this man far to much time to make a decision. Who does he think he is ? There are plenty off players off his ability out there . [we released 1 in russel]. The offer should be removed immediately and we will see how many clubs are rushing to sign him. There are strong similarities to him and Brian Kerr and look where he has landed up. Arbroath !!!

There are strong similarities to him and Brian Kerr and look where he has landed up. Arbroath !!!

Except Kerr got a three year deal worth ?1,000 a week with Dundee before that.

Shades of Adam Rooney with this one, seems to me like he is waying up his options and holding out for a bigger club or a better contract offer from elsewhere. With a squad like we have we need everyone on board so we know where we stand to allow us to focus our efforts on other targets.

If he really wanted to stay he would have signed a new deal by now. He's known for how long that his contract was running out? No excuses in my mind, get it signed or go.

and I seem to remember he was owed ?70K+ when he was shown the door. not one of his better decisions.

There are strong similarities to him and Brian Kerr and look where he has landed up. Arbroath !!!

Except Kerr got a three year deal worth ?1,000 a week with Dundee before that.

Shades of Adam Rooney with this one, seems to me like he is waying up his options and holding out for a bigger club or a better contract offer from elsewhere. With a squad like we have we need everyone on board so we know where we stand to allow us to focus our efforts on other targets.

If he really wanted to stay he would have signed a new deal by now. He's known for how long that his contract was running out? No excuses in my mind, get it signed or go.

Exactly......and if nothing better comes along....then ICT will be good enuff for him then. Ad bin his ass!

• Agree 2

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/stuart-duff-inverness-ct_2208837_22200

He is still showing as a player. Last year he was without a club at the beginning of the season and then we signed him from exile.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/198196/Duff-returns-for-a-second-stint-at-Caley

Up until about a month ago Kevin McCann was still an ICT player according to ICTFC.co.uk so wouldnt be my first port of call to check.

The way things are going with trialists and potential new signings we could do a lot worse than re-signing Stuart Duff.

I would agree with you however that isn't what is in question, it is the length of time that he is taking to decide whether he wants to stay or not. Like I said before if he really wanted to stay he would just sign the deal and be done with it instead of waiting.

The club should force his arm and just tell him he's got 'x 'amount of days to decide otherwise the deal will be withdrawn and then see where he stands with that.

Edited by MrCaleyjag

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/stuart-duff-inverness-ct_2208837_22200

He is still showing as a player. Last year he was without a club at the beginning of the season and then we signed him from exile.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/198196/Duff-returns-for-a-second-stint-at-Caley

Up until about a month ago Kevin McCann was still an ICT player according to ICTFC.co.uk so wouldnt be my first port of call to check.

As previously stated on numerous occasions, the player info and stats on the official site are taken care of by a third party via the website provider. They are frequently inaccurate and almost always not up to date. This is currently being addressed and should be sorted in about 11 days and 23 hours time !

• Agree 1

Why do people assume that just because we've heard nothing that a space is being kept open to allow him to come back? He had a deadline to sign the offer given, that has passed....Butcher now has the freedom to pursue other targets and if Duff does come back looking for a deal then that will only happen if Butcher feels we want/need him.

In a market where there's hundreds...if not thousands...of players looking for deals, then the only person risking anything is Duff.

• Agree 3

Duff was a good player who was good in a utility role being used where he was needed and doing a decent job in each post.

HOWEVER

don't get too big for your boots fella, you may need ict more than ICT needs you. we took you in TWICE but you wanted to go back to the deen after your first loan spell but they didn't want you so you came to us.

with a midfield shaping up ol duffers may get filed in the "ya snooze ya lose" folder of TB/MM's cabinet.

Enjoy playing for Ross County in season 2011/12 Stupot!

http://www.ictfc.co....t_2208837_22200

http://www.express.c...-stint-at-Caley

As previously stated on numerous occasions, the player info and stats on the official site are taken care of by a third party via the website provider. They are frequently inaccurate and almost always not up to date. This is currently being addressed and should be sorted in about 11 days and 23 hours time !

Is that going to apply to the Under-19s and youth sides as well as the first team? For all of last season and up until now, according to the squad profiles, the Under 19s consisted of just eleven players, some of whom have already gone to pastures new.....and it would be good to get the odd result from the under 19 and youth squads..........even if only those from the games ICT bother to tell us about.

Edited by Oddquine

Short answer (so we don't go too far off topic)......It may not be there from the get go, but it will come.

Once the website is up and running we'll give you some more info on what's still "in development" and we'll also be happy to get some feedback on what can be changed/improved.

I think the fact that Duff hasn't made his mind up yet says it all for me. It's obvious that he doesn't want to be here because if he did he would have re-signed by now. He hasn't even played even as a trialist in any of the friendly matches. If he has other issues (personal etc.) then why not come out and say it? I'm sure the fans and the management wouldn't mind, but that doesn't seem to be case. If he doesn't want to be here, forget him. I won't miss him.

Edited by Renegade