FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

And the Pimple advised you many weeks ago, and repeated it recently, that ICT would start to shake,rattle and roll after 13 games had been played didn't he? Well here is game 14 to savour..it happened.

I also told you in the past that his cat, Matilda, occasionally speaks but you didn't believe that either.

So next time be nice and just suspend your disbelief and go with the flow. And if you want to speak to Matilda you will have to make an appointment...she will need time to check you out to see if she likes you first. :laugh:

Just watched the game on Alba. Superb stuff. Great to see Tade get a couple, that should boost his confidence in front of goal a bit. And as for Shinnie...what a great buy he's turning out to be. As well as Andrew played though, for me, David Davis was outstanding, and easily MOTM in my opinion. Hopefully that'll now kickstart our season.

Just try and take the smile of my face...i dare you!

What a terrific attacking display, a game that even at 1-0 down we were well on top off. Killie took the lead against the tun of play and right on half time Andrew Shinnie scores a cracking shot from a tight angle and we deservedly hit half time level.

What followed was the greatest 20 minutes ive experienced in my young life as an ICT fan. Kenny Shiels was very naive to let such an inexperienced left back spend the afternoon against Jonny Hayes and it hurt them as Jonny cut in and scored a terrific shot from about 25 yards, a few minutes later Shinnie curls in another, followed by a terrific run and finish by Tade and to round of the rout Davis goes on a rampant run before Shinnie takes over and completes his hat trick.

No debate about the penalty and didnt even see the 3rd goal.

This could be the real turning point for us, we've been waiting to give someone a hammering and this was what came. There seemed to be more of an understanding as well, paticularly in midfield and attack, some of the passing and runs were wonderful and was an indication of the strides we are making.

Pick of the bunch was Davis, he ran himself ragged from box to box today, got involved in a scrap but didnt let it affect his play and his relentless run which led to Shinnie's 3rd goal was nothing short of brilliant. Imho his twitter comments may be irritating to some but this boy has been a great addition to our midfield and has shown he has what it takes to succeed at this club. If possible we have to keep him until the end of the season.

2 concerns from today, one is that our defence is still very fragile, Killie produced very little today but still managed to find 3 goals. Once Hogg and Piermayr return we need to get this defence as settled as possible in order to improve it. The other is Tansey, showed great energy and a hunger to get forward today but he is far too concerned about playing the perfect pass and his set pieces were incredibly average too, he needs to keep it simple.

So to sum up, incredible day out and one which will never be repeated for a while. A game that has really put the spirit back in the team and i think too in the fans, so well done to the lads and more of the same please.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 3

was dreading the journey back up the road but it fair flew in. Well done lads. Best I have seen the team play for some considerable time. They really grafted for each other today - something that has been missing this season. Once Hogg comes back we should be tighter at the back and we can start our relentless march up the league. CMON INVERNESS.

Guest Mahonio

I think an apology is due and not for the 1st time. I was very loudly and stupidly calling for Butcher's head last week and that was after a good performance where we were very unlucky but today the boys certainly shut me up with that performance and result :ictscarf::ictscarf:

Now, i know, i shouldn't need telling offs about calling for gaffers heads and believe me, i got rightly slated, especially on Facebook last week but to be honest, i am never posting complete drivel on Facebook regarding gaffer again.

Finally, i like this new 4-3-3 formation, don't really know why though :ohmy::ohmy:.

Edited by Mahonio