FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes Aberdeen FC Official (Maybe)

Donview

Slap up tea at Union Square Nandos for Jonny tonight.

I would gladly wish him well if he was furthering his career but this is nothing more than a sideways move. Sure, AFC are a bigger club than ICT but they've been gash for approaching 25 years. Head-to-head last season they were clearly no better than ourselves and I honestly can't see that changing any time soon.

Bad move.

Is he though? He is moving to a club where he will be getting more money and almost certainly a first team spot week in and week out. He is going to be playing at a familiar level to what he has been playing at for the last couple of seasons and he is still close to whatever "family and friends" support group he may have.

He's definitely bettered himself, like it or not. Yes, he could have gone to a bigger club than Aberdeen but clearly no one made the move for him. It was down to Aberdeen and ICT and we're kidding ourselves if we think that most players won't move on for more money.

It's a safe and solid move by Hayes rather than an overly ambitious one I think. It's maybe not as much of a step up as Rooney to Birmingham but it is a step up.

Edited by RiG

RiG - He's bettered himself finacially. They have a great deal more history than we have and a bigger fanbase but they have underperformed since the late eighties. We played them four times last season - we won twice, they won twice. They finished two places and four points ahead of us in argubably our poorest ever season in the SPL. I totally understand his desire to leave us for pastures new but this is a pretty poor move at this stage in his career imho.

STV report said he found it an easy decision! Like many others very very disappointed by his decision, the fans in this city seem to believe they are still a big gun in Scottish football, the sooner they realise they're not, the better.