FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SFA becoming impatient

Alex MacLeod

Apparantly the SFA are becoming so P'd off with the current situation at Copeland Road that they are hreatening to bring forward plans for a total restructuring of the league system. The plan is to have three leagues controlled by SFA and disband the current set up. There is talk that they could have this set up by the start of season. Was discussed on Sportsound this afternoon but I missed the beginning of the programme.

Maybe they will re-structure it to have a 10 team premier league with the Pars already relegated and then Hibs following them due to finishing 11th. Ross County would also remain in the First Division and we are safe as we finished 10th last season. :wink:

In all honest I can't see them being able to re-structure in time for the coming season, but I would welcome it. It is more realistic that they will re-structure for next season. They need to get it right. A 16 team Premier League please.

Would a restructuring provide an excuse to allow Rangers newco in? It seems absurd to try and rush things through for this coming season and would be unfair on teams in the SFL who would not have been aware that for the last quarter of last season they would, in effect, have been playing for a place in the top tier. It would be fine for those who suddenly find themselves promoted but they will still be at a relative disadvantage as they will not have planned pre-season with SPL in mind. Surely just another wind up.

Should a new Rangers fail to gain the necessary 8-4 vote, they could turn to the SFL and apply to fill any vacancy created by a team being promoted into the SPL to take the place of the old Rangers.

I presume that this means the team formerly known as Rangers going down in to the next division and back in the SPL in 2013-2014 ?

Should a new Rangers fail to gain the necessary 8-4 vote, they could turn to the SFL and apply to fill any vacancy created by a team being promoted into the SPL to take the place of the old Rangers.

I presume that this means the team formerly known as Rangers going down in to the next division and back in the SPL in 2013-2014 ?

Eureka.... :-)

Apparantly the SFA are becoming so P'd off with the current situation at Copeland Road that they are hreatening to bring forward plans for a total restructuring of the league system. The plan is to have three leagues controlled by SFA and disband the current set up. There is talk that they could have this set up by the start of season. Was discussed on Sportsound this afternoon but I missed the beginning of the programme.

Sounds good

Sounds good

The spl has always been crap anyway

Never going to happen. The SFA have little more than a ceremonial role to play these days when it comes to club football. Scottish Cup draws and the like.

So the SFA are going to tell the SPL they MUST merge with the SFL! Hahahahaha............

SPL only exist under license from the SFA....so yeah, they have plenty of authority in telling the SPL and SFL what to do.

In saying that, as much as I think a single officiating body is needed, I'm not convinced the current situation needs any more permutations thrown into the mix and muddying the waters any further.

Nobody in the real world ever believed Rangers would go in to liquidation!!!

And of course, you are making a very huge leap in faith by suggesting that Football in Scotland operates in the real world!!!

Certainly seems to be what a fair few Rangers supporters are assuming on various forums and in responses on various blogs and newspaper articles........that would be in between threatening to boycott every club who put them in that situation, of course.

Certainly seems to be what a fair few Rangers supporters are assuming on various forums and in responses on various blogs and newspaper articles........that would be in between threatening to boycott every club who put them in that situation, of course.

Assuming that the SPL clubs roll over and let this happen? Cant see it myself but with this story anything is possible!

The shake up of Scottish football is long overdue, that is a fact, but I see this as a desperate attempt to somehow keep their precious Glasgow cheats team in the top flight or, at the very least, make it easier and quicker for them to return (i.e a division / season less for them to return if they started where that should do..at the bottom). I also agree with the fact that it would be unfair on those clubs that eased off the gas towards the end of season not knowing that a higher finishing place would determine their division for next season. That would be unfair (hmmm, sounds familiar that!).

I also concur with CaleyD's view that, in the current climate, it would muddy the waters further.

IMO this is without doubt a last ditch attempt to ensure the Newco remain in the top flight of Scottish football

A freemasonic smoke screen to try and get the fans back on side while they sneakily usher the Orcs through the back door when no-one is looking

Dougal

• Agree 1

The concept that a cronie led self important organisation attempting to force an imbalanced and flawed top flight to merge with cronie led disfunctional lower leagues does not exactly guarantee that we will be in a better place with whatever single organisation they come up with.