FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The death knell for banter at footie

Alex MacLeod

"I've got a feeling" that the conversation went something like this .....

Director: " I said to you before the game "Don't Let Me Down", but you were a "Bad Boy"

Willie: ""I Should Have Known Better", but from my "Matchbox" after "A Hard Day's Night" all I did was "Act Naturally"

Director: sorry Willie, but "All Things Must Pass", and we have to say "Hello, Goodbye", you are now as "Free as a Bird", "Because", "You Can't Do That"

Willie: "Surely "We Can Work It Out", "Ask Me Why"

Director: "That'll Be the Day", "Tell Me Why"

Willie: "Because", "You Like Me Too Much"

Director: "Don't Bother Me", It is just "A Day in the Life" "Across the Universe"

Willie: Och well, "I'll Be on My Way", you were "Bad to Me" and now I am a "Nowhere Man", what "Misery"

Director: "Madman" !! Of f*** "Here Comes the Sun", wish I was "Back in the U.S.S.R."

How pathetic is that? (Not Scotty's response - I mean the Hibee's sacking of their DJ!)

What is wrong with a bit of gentle tongue in cheek humour? The thing is, you could interpret all sorts of songs in a way which could be construed as having some completely unintended meaning. For instance, I have just been listening to U2 "with or without you".

Folk get sacked for having a sense of humour and yet the authorities continue to tolerate the sectarian bile that still comes from some SPL terraces. What is this world coming to?

• Agree 2

How pathetic is that? (Not Scotty's response - I mean the Hibee's sacking of their DJ!)

What is wrong with a bit of gentle tongue in cheek humour? The thing is, you could interpret all sorts of songs in a way which could be construed as having some completely unintended meaning. For instance, I have just been listening to U2 "with or without you".

Folk get sacked for having a sense of humour and yet the authorities continue to tolerate the sectarian bile that still comes from some SPL terraces. What is this world coming to?

I could not agree more what is the world coming to? I hope we will still get freedom to post the banter on this site at least you can get a good laugh at some of the posts which cheers you up after reading the other doom and gloom in the news!

• Agree 1

What a load of old pish! If it's not the end of banter it's the start of the end.How can they justify sacking the guy for a gentle dig at their arch rivals ( self imposed) financial problems.Skachel gets away with flagrant baiting of hi bees fans and the wee DJ gets punted, totally oot of order!

• Agree 1