FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be relegated this season

Caol jag

Probably just St Mirren.  Hearts are already doing well this season so should sneak out of the danger zone.  Not convinced there is 2 teams in the Championship good enough to be promoted this season so can see the playoff going to the premiership.

St Mirren for me, looked dejected from day one. Im certainly backing Danny Lennon to be sacked first this season. 

County better watch themselves, have started very poorly and dont seem to have the same solidarity about them from last season, for me Adams has tried to make too many changes too soon to a team that was pretty settled. They will probably pick up but you never know.

Edited by AJS

A lot depends not just on footballing skills but increasingly on financial skills. Remember the parlous state Dunfermline got themselves into last year during the campaign.

Our next game against Killie is very important for both teams. If Killie win, that eases pressure on a pretty inexperienced Manager. Lose and the legs will wobble a bit more and the Killie fans will start getting vociferous again about the Board.

Heffernan's transfer was quite interesting. He questioned it himself. The suggestion was it was to free up a high wage. Michael Gardyne is a loannee. So cash saved there. I believe Killie suggested Heffernan could not play alongside Porky the Boxer up front. 

Killie's finances are probably worse than Dunfermline's and they operate a model very similar I believe with Chairman's guarantee on debt. I could be wrong but even they had issues last year about attendances and cash flow suggesting all was not well behind the scenes. So if we can beat them, they are my tip to go down because in terms of risk under the fair play rules, they are most likely this season to go into administration and be deducted 10 points.

We do not know where the Hearts saga will end and whilst they played well against us they have some major financial hurdles to climb. With such a youthful squad, sustaining 34 more league games when the hammerings start to come, as they inevitably will, their great escape will not be easy. They are massively reliant on about 4 experienced players (especially their keeper) some of whom may be subject to bids in the next window. They are ripe for cherry picking.

So Hearts remain in a very precarious position. 

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

• 5 months later...

Time for an update.

Which teams will finish 11th and 12th? It is certainly lining up to be exciting. Hearts take on Celtic in their next game and sod's law is that Hamell scores in the 29th minute to stop Forster beating Bobby Clark's shut out record by one minute!! However, they remain firm favourites for the Championship. 

At present Partick are probably the favourites to join them albeit for a play off. 

Hearts obviously down but 2nd-bottom's still wide open. But I think the team who does finish 2nd-bottom will retain still their place over a two-legged play-off.

Given the way the play offs have been skewed in favour of the Premiership club, that's very likely.