FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 5th round draw:Stranraer

Yngwie

Looks fairly likely to be Stranraer given that they are at home in the replay and a league above Clyde.

Our record at Stanraer is: played 3, lost 2 (both 97/98 league games) drawn 1 (96/97 Sc. cup - we won the replay on penalties)

The last time we played them at all was in the Challenge Cup under Butcher and we needed extra time.

Edited by Yngwie

Great draw. Not just ours but the fact there will be a minimum of 3 non-Premier sides in the last 8. Wide open!

Early February is huge for us. The Hearts League Cup semi followed by this tie. Win both and its League Cup final and Scottish Cup quarter-finals!

We've never played Clyde in the cup but we've beaten Stranraer before although it took a replay.

Good draw for us would be better if it was Clyde much easier for travel - but whoever we should progress to next round - but never count chickens remember this Albion Rovers 1 Motherwell 0  and from what I hear 4-0 flattered us against Morton

243 miles to Cumbernauld. 251 miles to Stranraer. So not much difference for us. Cheaper digs at Cumbernauld would sway me to going there, but Cumbernauld itself puts me off.  Stranraer, stopped to throw dogs in the sea and got a nice Haggis there. Thats about all I know about it.  Will try and make it where ever as we will miss Semi Final

Good draw for us would be better if it was Clyde much easier for travel - but whoever we should progress to next round - but never count chickens remember this Albion Rovers 1 Motherwell 0  and from what I hear 4-0 flattered us against Morton

Nah, we were always going to win, just a matter of how long it took us and how many goals we would score.

• Agree 1

243 miles to Cumbernauld. 251 miles to Stranraer. So not much difference for us. Cheaper digs at Cumbernauld would sway me to going there, but Cumbernauld itself puts me off.  Stranraer, stopped to throw dogs in the sea and got a nice Haggis there. Thats about all I know about it.  Will try and make it where ever as we will miss Semi Final

Don't know what map you are using but theres about 100 miles difference.

Edit: Just realised by 'us' you mean you personally, sorry.

Edited by ubern

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23764163 This was a very good result for Stranraer in front of a very small crowd.

Do not underestimate either team because both will be highly motivated after the reply and with 9 weeks to go plus potentially adverse winter conditions we might find this is a very difficult tie.  Should they sneak a result at Stranraer on the 10th December, Jim Duffy will prove a pretty shrewd manager for Clyde against us with the legend that is Chic Charnley.

Nice train trip to Stranraer. 

Best route is fly Inverness to Belfast, night out there, ferry over in the morning hoping the sea ain't rough.

I attempted something similar in April 98.

Cycled round Antrim all week and arrived in Larne Sat morning expecting to hop back over and catch Stranraer v ICT.

Ferry was fully booked, couldn't believe it, no more foot passengers.

Got back to Cairnryan early evening and on my way out the ferry terminal saw the ICT bus going past. Goalscorer Iain Stewart glanced out the window no doubt wondering who the daftie with the bike was.

Just been in contact with a Stranraer board member and mentioned some fans travelling via Belfast and his response is below.

I think to travel via Belfast would be just as long, if not longer and certainly more expensive!

"Let us know if there are some coming from Belfast as Stena are our sponsors and they might do a special deal for travelling fans"

neksor

1-0 Clyde so far...

Would much rather the more complex journey of Stranraer to get it off the list of stadiums I've not visited yet. Granted, I've not been to Clyde's either... but would much rather Stranraer.