FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Paul Hartley

Kingsmills

Paul Hartley has today resigned as manager of Alloa.

Something in the pipeline I wonder ? With his Hearts connection and knowledge of the league they will be playing in next season, I wonder if he's being lined up to replace Gary Locke at Tynecastle.  Certainly won't be out of work for long.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

I don't think it's cowardly, CELTIC1CALEY3. He's effectively being the opposite of a coward by leaving a 'safe job'.

Any of the Alloa players would jump at the chance of playing at a higher level. They won't think anything negative about their boss moving on, because they would do the same, if the opportunity arose. It's the same for us all in employment. Loyalty to our current employer dissipates when a better offer comes in. I don't, for one minute, believe Hartley has resigned because he doesn't feel he's up to the job. He's got an offer in the pipeline!

• Agree 2

Left to reflect on what could have been with this one. He's one of the most promising young managers in the game. Good luck to him wherever he goes...unless its over the bridge. 

Edited by AJS

Paul Hartley has today resigned as manager of Alloa.

Something in the pipeline I wonder ? With his Hearts connection and knowledge of the league they will be playing in next season, I wonder if he's being lined up to replace Gary Locke at Tynecastle.  Certainly won't be out of work for long.

Nah!! He's a Hibee fan.

A looser - throwing in the towel instead of trying to save what he had created. Great vision by ICT to spot that amongst other weaknesses in his character.

Seems like you have a problem with his Celtic days. He done great at Alloa and leaves them in very good shape.

He's done a good job no?

Top of the league are you not, or at least join top?

I don't like the man himself, I think he's a big walloper but doesn't seem to be doing an awful job from an outsiders opinion at least.

No. is the short answer in my opinion. From the manner of his appointment which was massively divisive as he was foisted on the club by CEO Scott Gardiner (who i'd also like to see the back of) ,his disgraceful treatment of Rab Douglas,his constant opinions on Rangers in the press till he was told to zip it etc etc.
On the football front his bizarre tactics and in the few games i've seen this season we stumbled to wins, the football was terrible and only Falkirk and Hamilton having poor form themselves has seen us stay any where near the top.It is despite him, not because of hime we are still there. The final straw was his uninspireing signings in the window despite everyman and his dog knowing what we lacked was pace he signed....Cristian Nade and Stephan Hughes.
Car crash from start to finish,glad to see the back of him, onwards and upwards  :smile:

Fair enough, answers my question.

I would've been very annoyed with the rangers comments.  Ex O.F players/managers need to understand strong comments/opinions surrounding the twins of evil need to be curtailed when they are representing another team.

Either way the less I have to see of him in the media the better is my view!

• Agree 1

Is it fair enough? Maybe the Rangers comments but the idea that Dundee should be walking the division is a little disrespectful, no?

Where did i remotely suggest we should be walking the division? After more years in it than i care to remember in it,i'm well aware of how difficult it is to win!

Is it fair enough? Maybe the Rangers comments but the idea that Dundee should be walking the division is a little disrespectful, no?

Where did i remotely suggest we should be walking the division? After more years in it than i care to remember in it,i'm well aware of how difficult it is to win!

The Division is very tight and notoriously difficult to get out of. Ironically the Dens implosion was a contributory factor in our rare achievement in getting out at the first attempt I I got the impression that, under Brown, they were heading that way again this season.

Should Hartley be appointed I would expect Dundee to pip Falkirk to the title.

• Agree 1