FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

most memorable moment in ICT history?

PerfICT

Richie Foran shouting over to me "You know your football" after I pointed out his contribution in the early build up to a goal in a pre-season win at v. Brechin City a couple of years ago. Pretty sure I let out a girlish squeal when he shouted over!

Ayr 0-7 away was incredible (as was the better than evens odds on an ICT win that day!). The comeback v. Dundee Utd last season in the 4-4 game and every single time we've beaten the Dons at Pittodrie (for selfish reasons) are personal favourites as well. 

Have never experienced anything like Sundays game, to go from a high of taking the lead to such an unbelievable low...then the legend Nick Ross nicking such an unlikely last second goal then finally keeping it together to take it in penalties. I saw us pump Dundee at home the last time we came back up with the pitch invasion, seen us beat Clyde away to go ahead into the last game but missed the 1-3 against Celtic as we were halfway to the first game when it was cancelled, then on holiday for the replay. Easily Sunday for me!

in a pre-season win at v. Brechin City a couple of years ago.

We somehow lost 2-1!

Nope not that game, that was only a season or so ago. We beat Brechin in the game I was at I'm sure.

Edit: According to the ICTFC website the game I was at was in 2009, where ICT one 5-0. Seeing the team list has brought back some names from the past... Stratford, Reidford (on trial where I think this was his only game), Djebi-Zadi, Bulvitis et al.

Edited by RossP

I remember the Rankin goal, watching from the North Stand - it soared over Alan McGregor's head! Beauty! I think the 'squiggler' CB refers to was accomplished when Rankin was playing for Hibs.

I was only using "squiggler" as a generic term for long range John Rankin efforts, even though the term only went public in his post ICT era.

For me, I remember 'helicoper Saturday' when we first won promotion into the SPL and it was between us and St J for the league title. Also remember winning the Challenge cup that season 2-0 against Aridrie @ Perth.

'Helicopter Sunday' was actually when it was between us or Clyde for promotion - but we were playing St. Johnstone that day.

I have to be honest, I'm still excited by the game and on a bit of a high.

When I've calmed down properly I'll be able to make a more rational choice about where I think this sits among all the other memorable games that have been mentioned.

It's up there tho - no doubt about that one!

Gotta feel sorry for Capital Caley tho...

He missed Nick's goal and ALL of the penalties... Not because he left early but because he broke his specs in the melee after Tansey's strike!

:lol::cry::cheer01:

Haha. Think i‘ll avoid taking my (new) glasses to game for a while. I tell you what though. The celebrations at Nicks goals.... absolute scenes. That goal and the post penalty shoot out celebrations were more enjoyable than Feb 8th. So Sunday was my most memorable moment... and it was all a feckin blur after Gregs goal.

#Scenes

• Agree 1

Gotta feel sorry for Capital Caley tho...

He missed Nick's goal and ALL of the penalties... Not because he left early but because he broke his specs in the melee after Tansey's strike!

:lol::cry::cheer01:

That Caley100 knocked mine off at the semi final replay at Pittodrie when Paul Ritchie opened the scoring. Lucky somebody retrieved them before they got danced all over.

Some great memories listed by all but for me the most memorable moment in ICT history has to be; after months of wrangling, watching a new team; Caledonian Thistle walking out of the tunnel at Telford Street on Aug 13th 1994 to play Arbroath in our first competitive league match and the subsequent 5-2 home win.

I was in the Howden end and standing a few feet away were 2 or 3 obvious Thistle fans who quietly booed under their breathe so not to get abuse. Having never stood on this stand before they were clearly nervous as the game went on, but you could feel a change in them as we took Arbroath apart and the ball started to hit the back of the net. By the end they were pretty much cheering the team on.

They Believed!

• Agree 1