FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How many could we take to the Final?

dougal

With the final likely to be held in Glasgow it's likely that anyone who wants a ticket could get one due to the seats available

How many do we think we could actually muster to the final?

Let's look at what County did they took 7k to their semi against Celtic at hampden at a similar kick off time to ourselves, so we failed quite considerably by taking less than 1700 to Easter Road if were are to make comparisons

Now they also took 17k to their final albeit with fans that probably never go to County games but it's still the figure that will be banded about and comparisons made

I personally think at best we could maybe muster 10k but if I'm being honest I think we are looking at the 6-7k mark

The difference I see is there are as many Invernessians in Inverness and elsewhere that would prefer ICT to lose than win hence the poorer support

Dougal

I hope we take as many of the 3500 regulars who turn up week to week and they can all make it, its these fans that deserve the day. After that I have no caring as to how many fans actually show up for the chance to say they were there when we win a cup.

• Agree 1

How many fans will we take? If I had a pound for every time I've been asked that question since Sunday, I'd be a happy bunny. The answer I've been giving out is that I just don't know because we've never done this before. It could be 6K it could be 10K - who knows? What I do know is that however many go we'll have a good time, make a hellish din for as long as possible and come away happy whatever happens. We'll do a bus convoy that will be as big as it needs to be, hope to get as big a flag as we can (sponsors? anyone?) and we'll contribute greatly to the atmosphere on the day. We'll find occasional fans and interested neutrals but numbers? they will be what they will be and we'll be pushing every last inch to get as many there as we can.

• Agree 1

Regretfully to a degree Dougal is correct although the more often we get to semis and finals the attitude of some from bygone days will disappear and a better support will develop going forward .

if we have 3500 regulars then if each takes a minimum of 1 friend to the final the 7k is already guaranteed . There will then be the group of non football people who will go to be part of history so that takes us to 10k.

finally I believe half of the Ross County regulars will support the Highlands as we did for them so 12k seems possible +25 k success starved Dons fans and 3k neutrals and we have 40k at the final -bring it on.

Que sara sara whatever will be will be. I rememeber we took 7K to a scottish cup semi at hampden so i dont see why we cant get that and maybe a bit more. I think to many people seem to think we are bigger than we as a club just because we have been regulars in Premiership and that the this season and last we have been in the top 6 sides in the country.But ive said this before we are coming up to 20 years old and every other club including county have had established foundations for around 100 years some just sightly less. Yes it would be lovely to sit in a full state of the art 15,000 to 20,000 home ground which would be full every week but we aint. These clubs over 100 years ago attracted large numbers as it was a cheap past time and terraces added to the atmosphere and the amount you could get in. We cant do that as terracing is a thing of the past and tickets are costing 20-25 quid a match.Add in the influence of the old firm and maybe one or two other clubs Inverness as a city still doesnt have one sole footballing identity as we are competing with more established clubs for more fans. The only way we will grow which im confident we will is if we make it to these occasions and win silverware plus even a trip into Europe now and again. You look at the crowds last season for county games we must have had at east an extra 1000 in the ground on each occasion. What we need to do is keep supporting the club and lets the players create the history for us and the future generations to keep building our core support. Small in number we maybe but loyal to the end is what makes this club special. Look at most other clubs, County they only took 17,000 as alot from the highlands wanted to go to an occasion and i know for certain some Caley fans went as well. But St Johnstone they got 8,000 to home games for there mini run in europe and they sold out there end which held more than what goes to McDairmaid park each week.  Would be excellant to take a big crowd but big or small lets just enjoy the big day out and hopefully we will still be talking about it in the weeks after the game.

With the final likely to be held in Glasgow it's likely that anyone who wants a ticket could get one due to the seats available

How many do we think we could actually muster to the final?

Let's look at what County did they took 7k to their semi against Celtic at hampden at a similar kick off time to ourselves, so we failed quite considerably by taking less than 1700 to Easter Road if were are to make comparisons

Now they also took 17k to their final albeit with fans that probably never go to County games but it's still the figure that will be banded about and comparisons made

I personally think at best we could maybe muster 10k but if I'm being honest I think we are looking at the 6-7k mark

The difference I see is there are as many Invernessians in Inverness and elsewhere that would prefer ICT to lose than win hence the poorer support

Dougal

matt-smith-thumbs-up-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe283