FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cowie joins on pre contract

Joe DiMaggio

Seven years at County! Joined at 17! You get less than that for murder, as they say.

Charlie is always keen to stress how ethically the deal has been done. Are you hearing Brewster?

Must be a good thing, though, this means one of our middies can move up a bit temporarily, at least.

I take it everyone is happy with this signing due to the number of posts on this thread :023:

I think he will give us some good cover in midfield and he is still a young player so once he is thoroughly washed he could be a good acquisition.  If he is as good as Rankin then he'll be an excellent signing :003:

Welcome to the good side m8

I take it everyone is happy with this signing due to the number of posts on this thread :023:

In fairness, and this isn't having a go at Joe either, but there have been so many topics on Cowie and this deal that most people have already said what they think in about 4 different threads.

He's actually been at County for 13 years, he joined the boys club at the age of 11.

As for him signing before Wednesday night Caley would under UEFA rules have to pay County compensation, as Cowie does not turn 24 until March some point the new team would have to pay compensation for his training as a youth.

So for that reason I think County would be keen to off load him before Wednesday night, but I think Caley would be less happy to sign him beofre this date.

I heard from a very reliable source that the player who impressed ICT most at Dingwall on Saturday was the Dundee central defender, MacDonald....  He would be an ideal replacement for Dods...

But Dee are probably looking for much more than ICT could ever offer.....

He impressed my old man as well - said he won everything in the air

Read on teletext we made 3 unsuccessful attempts to get Cowie in now including a player swop. I was just wondering which palyer it might have been. Hart or Morgan perhaps?

Ian Black?

I think it would have been Hart. We tried using him as a bit piece in a transfer and he only find out through the papers which wouldn't have gone down well. I'd be very disappointed to lose him.