FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Celtic Post Match Thread

RiG

Wahey! The site is working!

Just a C n P from P & B

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought ICT did very well up until CC decided to take off one of the best performers on the park. We lost that game as soon as Ian Black went off the pitch. He was bossing the Celtic midfield and while they might have had a lot of the ball, we were very well drilled and organised and they did very little with it. By taking Black off and putting McSwegan on we lost the shape that had served us so well for the previous portion of the game.

And then for some odd reason we take off another midfielder and stick another striker on. I know attack is the best form of defence but we needed cool heads there at the end. Not an inexperienced headless chicken who was no help to us whatsoever.

Personally I would have put Caff on to try and shore up the defence as Celtic were going to lay everything on us in the final few minutes but with having 3 strikers on it meant that our midfield was being over run by Celtic and they were getting much more space and time on the ball and they punished us severely.

Our goal was fantastic. Black was instrumental in setting the move up. A few neat turns and a slick pass found Wilson who cut the ball back for Bayne to finish. A really fantastic goal. No doubt the County fans still think he is shite though  :015: He had an excellent game, holding the ball up well and really roughing up Pressley.

Duncan, McBain and Black were playing really well in the midfield. Holding the ball up at times and using it well. Some desperate long ball crept in towards the end of the first half but on the whole I thought we were well worth our lead.

Thought we did well for the majority of the 2nd half as well but the subs changed the rhythm of the game and we all saw what happened. Charlie has said himself that McSwegan was not match fit - why did he bring him on? Ian Black was instrumental in getting us into the position we found ourselves in and I don't know why we took him off. Wilson might have been tiring but he was still finding the energy to chase everything down. Quite why he was getting abuse from the idiot next to me f'ck knows. He would certainly have been more use than MacAlliser as he has experience of these types of games.

Really hard one to take as I thought we did so well but that's the reason why Celtic are 80 points clear at the top of the league.

Bayne and Duncan were excellent for us today but Ian Black was MOTM for me. His passing and control were excellent and he was ghosting past players in the midfield. Yet again we showed we can play so much better when we pass the ball so why we have decided to go back to the awful long ball rubbish is beyond me.

Not overly impressed with most of the Celtic players but I thought Sno was excellent. There was one piece of skill in the 2nd half where we went past 4 ICT players in the same movement. He played really well. Oh and Nakamura is a diving shitebag.

Special mention to the fanny that is Dougie Macdonald. Your inconsistency was baffling and yet again you showed why you are one of the worst referees in Scotland. Well done  :003:

I was later told Black asked to come off because he was shattered. A shame because had he (and Wilson) stayed on I think we would have won today.

I can't imagine there's anyone who disagree with you about us losing when Ian Black came off. He's fantastic and we really missed him!

I'm only glad its true that he asked to come off otherwise it would have been a very serious error on somebody's part!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Shyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyte. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Bassssssssssssttttttttttttaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrddddddddddsss.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. Shyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyte. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Bassssssssssssttttttttttttaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrddddddddddsss.

Feckin baaaaaaaaaaastards

yep, you have summed up what i was coming onto say so no point in repeating it. Black was playing really well today.

Also thought when McBain came off, something would give as we had 2 strikers on the bench and with Black on a yellow and Wilson tiring a striker would need to come on at some stage for a midfielder.

However, Wilson off, McCaffrey on would have been better. Why bring McAllister on for a 3-man attack??? Add another defender to protect the lead at that late stage.

A great fight from the lads that were close to tears at the end of the game. I bet the players feel gutted but they can see what happens when they pass the ball on the deck. The goal came from our box with Tokely to Black, Black to Wilson, Wilson does some skill, Wilson to Bayne, Bayne to net. Fantastic goal!!!!

We were absolutely brilliant for 87 minutes today. They equalised and heads went down. Celtic have been doing the same thing all season. They control the midfield, dont try for the kill, and just grind the opposition down till they cant play any more. Then they strike. Barry and Ian both had to come of simply because they were burnt out and cramping up.

What really winds me up about the whole game is that Mr MacDonald has shown his true colours now. Perhaps Romanov is right in his assertions. The only time we were awarded a free kick was in areas where we were unlikely to benifit. Hartley was awarded half a dozen where he was clearly the one in the wrong.

Now its time to pick up and go for that sixth place. Its only six points and we have the better chances.

Hadn't really been watching the time but I knew there wasn't long to go.

Then somebody behind me shouted "Only 3 minutes to go. Don't panic Caley."

Then my world caved in!

I can sorta see where these gloryhunters are coming from. Doubt if OF supporters spend nearly as much time as we do feeling as thoroughly p!ssed off as I do tonight!

:008:

I was interested to see what the official Celtic website said about the game today and while the report seemed 'fairly' accurate i noticed they gave the MOM to Nakamura, ha ha ha  :024: WTF!! was nakamura even playing today? I obvioulsy didnt expect them to put an opposition player as MOM but nakamura?

Black was outstanding today, and his substitution was the turning point. Absolutely brilliant from the wee man, and easily the MOTM for me.

I find it hard to believe he asked to come off, as he looked well fecked off when he was hooked. If he didn't ask to come off then it was a massive mistake by CC.

And as sickening as the ending was, you'd have thought we might've learn't something from the exact same thing thappening he other week.

In fact, how many goals have we lost in the last 5 minutes this season?? There's something seriously wrong there because it's been plenty.

How i hate that *** Dougie Macdonald.... how i hate Celtic... the Inverness ' celtic ' fans... you wankers.

Well...not much to look forward to now eh, some dreary draws to see the season out as CC thinks Rory is the answer.

Was Blackie knacked? putting 3 up front was a feckin disaster..  :008: :008: :008: :008:  what was CC thinking about?

If Black had been give more games before this-as he should have been, he would have lasted the full 90 mins, and we might have won the game, up to that point we looked pretty comfortable.

Although we had 3 strikers (I use that word losely) on the pitch we were still playing 4-4-2 as Rory went to left midfield.

When Barry was finished it would have surely made more sense to being Caff on to shore up the defence and make sure we held our lead for the last few minutes of the game?

Black WAS fantastic and I agree his substitution was probably the turning point. To give Charlie the benefit of the doubt, though, he'd conceded two free kicks after his booking and was pretty late and high with the second challenge - my mate & I were worried he might get a second yellow for that. Suspect Charlie was thinking the same, although he did leave him on for a wee while after the aforementioned tackle.

Incidentally - same team for next week please, CC.

Don't think I've been as disappointed by a loss as this one.

I admit that I went expecting to get humped, but our defence was so superior to their fabled attack, I thought we'd done it.

We need to concentrate on the league now (obviously). I think that if we go with that team, and if they play as well as they did today, top six should be easy enough to reach. As gutting as it was, I think we have to look at the positives from today, such as the way Ian Black played, and everyone else frankly.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

I actually thought we got what we deserved today, (perhaps with the exception of our back 4 who were individually and collectively outstanding) for the majority of the 90 minutes, the technical side of our play was very poor. We gave possesion away far too cheaply, there was no composure or class on the ball. Most of the time we resorted to aimless scuffs up the park that wouldn't have looked out of place in the Highland league.

It was a shame because we're capable of so much more. We played some terrific stuff against the Tims only a few weeks ago and for long spells of the game ran them ragged. There was very little of the slick one touch passing, fluid forward movement, or individual skill that we pulled off that day.

Perhaps the big occasion got to some of our players? There seemed to be a lack of confidence - we treated Celtic with too much respect. Instead of really having a go and playing our most positive football, we went negative. This is probably a by product of the fact that we took an early lead. This might have had undesirable psychological effects on the players.

I think the problem also partly stemmed from the fact that Bazza, McBain and Rankin were all playing out of position. Rankin didn't contribute a great deal out on the right - he didn't get to the byeline, or deliver any decent crosses from open play, and he fluffed a couple of shooting chances that fell to him because he used his wrong foot (at least I think it was him, perhaps I'm mixing him up with someone else)

McBain can't play on the wing. It's as if when we stick him out there, he sub-consciously thinks he's back at County and starts playing sh*te. He's far more effective in the middle of the park, and I hope he's back in there next week.

Bazza did OK up front, but again, he's far more effective out on the right.

It wasn't worth pulling so many players out of their most effective positions to accomadate putting Bazza up front, when we could easily just have picked McAllister, McSwegan or Hart for that role. It was remniscent of the Plastic Thistle debacle when we re-jigged our entire midfield to accomodate the inclusion of both the returning Ian Black and the on form Richie Hart, and ended up with the same kind of disjointed performance.

Anyway, can't complain too much. Expecting to have our own way against a side that just drew with AC Milan is perhaps a little bit unrealistic.

Black had to come off because he was knackered. Obviously not match fit as he's been sitting on his *** for weeks which, lets not forget, many of the fans were quite happy with after the infamous Falkirk incident  :006:

Today's result was a real kick in the b***s and unfortunately just about finishes our season

Still maybe stuffing United next week will ease the pain  :004:

What really winds me up about the whole game is that Mr MacDonald has shown his true colours now. Perhaps Romanov is right in his assertions. The only time we were awarded a free kick was in areas where we were unlikely to benifit. Hartley was awarded half a dozen where he was clearly the one in the wrong.

MacDonald is a Hibees fan. He doesn't give a toss about Celtic. He is just a rubbish referee.

I was interested to see what the official Celtic website said about the game today and while the report seemed 'fairly' accurate i noticed they gave the MOM to Nakamura, ha ha ha  :024: WTF!! was nakamura even playing today? I obvioulsy didnt expect them to put an opposition player as MOM but nakamura?

Tell you what, Nakamura was flying in with some rather late challenges today. Didn't think he was that kind of player to be honest.

be intersting to see if cc sticks with the same team next week

He better because that was working well for us today. I honestly think he saw Hairy Chippers post and decided to go for it. I thought we were well set up aside from Rankin and Wilson on opposite wings but it's not the first time Rankin has been played out of position this season.

When Barry was finished it would have surely made more sense to being Caff on to shore up the defence and make sure we held our lead for the last few minutes of the game?

Spot and on. Why weaken our midfield further which was already being over run by putting on another striker? As Celtic threw everything including the kitchen sink at us why did we allow them to over run us even more in the midfield?

Black had to come off because he was knackered. Obviously not match fit as he's been sitting on his *** for weeks which, lets not forget, many of the fans were quite happy with after the infamous Falkirk incident  :006:

I wonder if some of those people would like a nice slice of humble pie? It tastes good you know.