FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

44 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

Alongside McKay I don’t mind this, but it better not be his replacement.

25 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

To be fair, we’d have fared better last season if we had a player like Lafferty, Graham or Whyte. We’ve lacked a physical presence up front for years.

I don't think anyone is questioning footballing ability.

Did we learn nothing from the Gardyne situation and the dangers of signing players with a disruptive history?

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

He's a bigoted sectarian *****......that's proven. Just the kind of guy we want around the family club we are supposed to be.

I presume you are unaware that that he married a Catholic? Seems more likely that he is just a bit stupid and over-exuberant in giving certain fans what they want, rather than having genuine sectarian attitudes.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Well Said 1
  • Funny 2
  • Facepalm 3

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I presume you are unaware that that he married a Catholic? Seems more likely that he is just a bit stupid and over-exuberant in giving certain fans what they want, rather than having genuine sectarian attitudes.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here.

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Word has it, Billy has signed on. No word if its to his demands or the clubs, but its not coming from the keyboard of Mr Inverness, anyway

I keep hoping so as no other club has announced his signing yet 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Lafferty has signed.

I hope to God that this isn't true especially if the rumours are accurate that were being fussy about contract lengths with Billy which would be ridiculous.  

Laugherty is the appropriate level of staunch though for the current administration. 

ETA - physicality is one thing but there's only so physical you can be from the physio's office.

It's reassuring to hear (as someone with a Catholic father and other family) myself that his sectarianism is just a wee misjudgement and that publicly saying to somebody he thought was a Celtic fan 'pack of fenian ********' was just a slip of the tongue. 

My enthusiasm to renew my ST is dropping by the day. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Yngwie said:

So its OK to be discriminatory if its deemed 'banter'.

Shocking news - this isnt the 70s anymore.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Well Said 4

That’s not remotely what I said, as I think you well know. Just saying that someone who married a catholic and went to mass is unlikely to have deep seated hatred of Catholics and is more likely to be plain stupid with the sectarian stuff he came out with. At ICT games have you ever felt you are in the presence of hundred of racist gypsy haters? The outdated, ill advised and illegal outcome is the same but I don’t think the underlying hatred is really there, at least I hope it isn’t.

• Well Said 2

Are you really now saying that a man in his mid-thirties, just doesn't really know or understand what he is saying is a defense? A man who lets not forget has been around this 'environment' all his life and been involved in several incidents of this nature, yet doesn't know (or hasn't learned) whats right or wrong? But so long as there's no 'hatred' (although discrimination in modern society is deemed hatred) that's ok, because its just playing up to an audience?

In your position as a moderator, would I get banned or sanctioned on here for discriminatory language (I'd hope so)? Would you then rescind and defend me if I then said I was only joking and have a pal who is **insert offended sub-group** Would it be expected that everyone else would just say 'Aye, no bother its banter'?

Football wise, he may be a good foil for Billy or a smaller striker, but his best days may be behind him. Target man with experience - perfect for Doddsball but his off-field reputation and behaviour will unlikely bring much positive column inches in the press and could put off sponsors and fans alike.

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Are you really now saying that a man in his mid-thirties, just doesn't really know or understand what he is saying is a defense?

No that’s not at all what I’m saying. He’s an idiot who deserved the punishment and condemnation that he got. Hopefully he has learned from it, especially if he ends up signing for us.

Getting back on topic, I’ve had a look at the “ins and outs” on the BBC Sport app. There is no mention of Tom Walsh leaving us so maybe he is still under contract or has agreed an extension? It fits with his photo still being on the club website.

However, mixing up topics, it would be good if the club communicated the position.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

No that’s not at all what I’m saying. He’s an idiot who deserved the punishment and condemnation that he got. Hopefully he has learned from it, especially if he ends up signing for us.

It may not be what you mean, but it's definitely the impression your post gave.

Just now, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I don't remember this much consternation when Kirk Broadfoot - who was given a 10 match ban whilst a Rotherham player for sectarian abuse of James McClean - signed for us.

Just saying, like.

There definitely was.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I don't remember this much consternation when Kirk Broadfoot - who was given a 10 match ban whilst a Rotherham player for sectarian abuse of James McClean - signed for us.

Just saying, like.

Typical 'Boys Club' signing Broadfoot. He is Dodds brother in law.

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic