Inverness CT -V- Queens Park - Sc Cup 4th Rnd

tm4tj

1 minute ago, Huisdean said:

If anyone seriously thinks opening the North stand would have boosted the attendance, they are kidding themselves. I think there were certainly more than the 800 plus crowd announced but probably no more than a 1000/1200.

The sad fact of life is that the people of Inverness just have no connection to the club and only attend for "big" games. We have our core of around 2000 fans but rarely does that increase. Even Dunfermline and Falkirk in the league below us will get better crowds than us. How we solve the conundrum of getting more people to attend, I don't know but it does strike me that a lot of posters on here and Pie and Bovril find it easier to give reasons not to attend than actually go to games. 

Oh, and for the record, I was one of the fans in the main stand on Tuesday shouting for Dodds to go so not a happy clapper. 

Well it would have been 3 more anyway as that decision was final straw for me. I see the South Stand was open. Could they not have opened north but put the small amount of away fans in the main stand? 

Do people really beleive the atmosphere in the North Stand is any better than the Main Stand. I sit in the Main Stand and there is barely any noise comes from the North Stand. Not that the Main Stand is any better mind you. 

There is a lot wrong with the club at the moment but sometimes it seems people are looking for ways to make things even more negative. The club must of thought they would save money on stewarding and catering and so on. If I was told the Main Stand was to be shut as a one off and had to move to the North Stand I would do it. I would do it because I'd still want to watch and support the team. I just find it strange there has been so much made of the decision. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Do people really beleive the atmosphere in the North Stand is any better than the Main Stand. I sit in the Main Stand and there is barely any noise comes from the North Stand. Not that the Main Stand is any better mind you. 

Hard to disagree with this. I get that people will have wanted to sit in their normal seats in the NS but any atmosphere there died with S94 moved to the West Stand. 

• Facepalm 1

I can't decide if this is good news or bad. If we get more injuries and lose, obvs not great...it's match one would call a 'free hit' and since we weren't due to play next week, a competitive game might be good [not sure if playing on their 3G pitch is great for tender limbs?].....of course if we win tomorrow, beat Livi next week with Samuels scoring on a surprise return, and win the following match against the Accies everything will feel great! 🤪  Surely that wont happen? and yes I am certifiable!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RiG said:

Hard to disagree with this. I get that people will have wanted to sit in their normal seats in the NS but any atmosphere there died with S94 moved to the West Stand. 

Time to move S94 back into the NS and abandon the idea of covering the WS. The club don't want that to happen anyway, given the obstacles they keep bringing up.

41 minutes ago, Row S said:

Time to move S94 back into the NS and abandon the idea of covering the WS. The club don't want that to happen anyway, given the obstacles they keep bringing up.

Not like the amazing atmosphere they're creating over there is having any positive impact on the pitch either!!

28 minutes ago, STFU said:

I sit in the main stand, but chose not to attend due to the pricing 🤷‍♂️

As I said the NS closure was final nail that made us decide to give it a miss. 

Think DD post above explains why folk like sitting in their own seat with same folk around them. I haven't mentioned atmosphere at all. Think someone already mentioned how club could have opened it without extra turnstiles/catering etc. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

ICTFC Scottish Cup hall of fame

James Vincent

Jamie MacDonald

Euan Henderson

Add the referee who missed Meekings’ hand ball in the semi too.

Regarding Tuesday’s attendance, I think the main factor in the low crowd was the £20 admission fee. £10 would probably have generated the same revenue with a much noisier crowd and overcome the need for the North Stand closure.

Maybe our good fortune in getting through to the next round is the bit of luck we need to kick start our season. We will know soon enough. Morton tomorrow, a double header against Hamilton then Dundee away this month will make or break our season. Ideally we win our home games and, at worst, avoid defeats in the away games. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Well Said 1

35 minutes ago, Robert said:

Interesting. Did we end up at £20 due to Queens Park not agreeing or did we simply not consider reducing the price?

I'm sure we'll find out in the next of the club's regular communications 👍

• Funny 1

Not that it really matters, but what is the official result of this cup tie? We do not appear to have been awarded a 3-0 win, so is the game nul and void or does the 0-2 result stand? The SFA site shows 0-2 but I’m not sure how much you can read into that.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic