FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for 'Well

Harry Chibber

Can't make it tomorrow  :007:

RIG you have taken what I said far to literally, all I was implying was that a youth system is necessary for the future of ICT and we should be encouraging players like Rory rather than shooting them down.

anything other than that is a misunderstanding

Is this the RiG Chibber debating society?

From what I can see it is two posters who are talking about football managing to engage in discussion without resorting to any kind of foul mouthed abuse. Some other posters on here could learn a great deal from us...

no he is definitely the master debater :023:

...oh well!

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:...Could be a showdown in the Innes tomorrow.

Hardly. I may not agree with Gary but I respect his opinion and I know that you can actually get a good discussion/argument with him.

I'll hold off sending the boys round for now.

RIG you have taken what I said far to literally, all I was implying was that a youth system is necessary for the future of ICT and we should be encouraging players like Rory rather than shooting them down.

anything other than that is a misunderstanding

What you said was:

The only way a club like ICT are going to progress is by producing our own youth players, we should be encouraging it not shooting him down.

While I don't disagree on the getting behind him while he is on the pitch part I don't believe for a second that producing our own players is the only way forward for ICT as you state. It is simply one method of progress.

As for Rory he will get my support on Saturday (if he plays) but I don't think he is good enough for us at this level (yet) and we can't afford to keep playing him in the hope he will come good. If we did that then we'd still have Prunty playing up front for us. Rory needs to show improvement and soon.

At our level the youth system will never produce sufficient player of the quality needed unless we somehow managed to invest disproportionately in youth development, which is suicide as you would always spend the majority of your cash on the first team.

We will always have to depend on picking up youths from bigger clubs who haven't quite made the grade there but are more than capable of performing for us in the SPL, just as we will depend on picking up players who haven't made it at other clubs who fit better into our system and way of doing things.

At the end of the day no one method is going to meet our needs and we have to look at them all.  What I find a little concerning at the moment is that there are teams around us and below us who are picking up some great loan and youth signings from "big" teams.  We either lack the forsight to be tapping in to this market or we simply don't have the contacts.

As much as I like Grassa and appreciate all he has done for the club over the years I am actually starting to think that we need a Director of Football with a bigger background and larger network of contacts in order to make this happen.  All we seem to do is p!ss around in the scouting game and even though we've heard tales about getting scouts here there and everywhere I believe it needs to be sorted from the top down, not the bottom up.

We are slowly establishing ourselves in the SPL and if we want to stay here then we have to be just as ruthless with our off the park personnel as we are with those on the park.

I think it depends how far we want to go as a club, if we are going to rely on other teams scraps then we are always going to be below the elite.  If we produce our own talent we are leading the initiative not to mention how much cash they can make the club i.e. Brown at Hibs, they can be molded into the way we play and I have always thought that youth players coming into a first team are always thankful for the oppertunity and will give their all.  If anything it's more important that we bring younger players to the front because of our location and how much an obstacle it is getting decent players to move to Inverness.  I agree that we do need a good mix of experience and youth though.

.... anyway :offtopic01:

bet Rory scores today :015: