Our squad next season

Was thinking about this over the weekend what will happen with friendly's? 

Guess we won't be having our normal highland league teams guess it will be lowland league this season 

6 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Guess we won't be having our normal highland league teams guess it will be lowland league this season 

At the moment do we even have enough players to play a friendly?

Genuine question as well, I wasn't trying to be funny or sarcastic. The way things are fairing, I'm not taking anything for granted, just being in business and having a team that can cross the line is a big question right now.

6 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Just sign up a few tartan army boys and announce a training camp in Germany. 

Match 1 v FC Holsten Pils

Match 2 v Eintracht Grolsch

Match 3 v Red Bull Hangover 

7 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Friendlies? Really?

That's what the cups for.

39 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Dunc is hopefully arranging a friendly with his old pal Don Carlo

Way we operate, we'd probably end up paying them for the privilege. 

4 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

It’s this attitude that makes the new format of the League Cup a shambles.

The format of the league Cup is what really makes it a shambles.

• Well Said 1

Part-Time or Full-Time?

There are many Part-Time good quality footballers in the lower leagues, who prefer to remain P/T as financially they are better off with the income from the full time jobs/ careers supplemented by the income from part time football.  Even the local football scene could easily produce a few gems who would wish only to play part time football because of it. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GaliantGrunt said:

Part-Time or Full-Time?

There are many Part-Time good quality footballers in the lower leagues, who prefer to remain P/T as financially they are better off with the income from the full time jobs/ careers supplemented by the income from part time football.  Even the local football scene could easily produce a few gems who would wish only to play part time football because of it. 

If we survive this horror show, I really hope the emphasis will be on the recruitment of local players with a bit of passion and loyalty to the "Inverness" brand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

On 6/3/2024 at 6:00 PM, Satan said:

Insult to injury is they've taken the foreign sides out of the Challenge Cup...but kept the reserves in. Only real thing to look forward to in the season, a jolly away to the other end of the UK. Absolute calamity merchants the SPFL, binning off any appeal the trophy had left.

• Agree 1

If we do get up and running under Ferguson this season, his clear disdain for local players e.g. Lewis Hyde, Roddy McGregor will make it very difficult to motivate whatever players we can source locally.  Ryan Esson is 44 but if he became player/manager could at least provide us with someone in goal!! 

On 6/3/2024 at 6:00 PM, Satan said:

Agreed but with the Saturday fixtures save from doing it this way the Premiership should of been expanded. 

Mark Ridgers speaking to the P&J

Fans’ favourite Ridgers told The Press and Journal he feels he has played the waiting game long enough, but would still be willing to sign an 11th-hour deal to continue his stay with his hometown club.

“However, no one approached me and some other players to just say: ‘We want to keep you, but don’t know yet what we can offer you’.  You would then at least know where you stood.

“The situation has dragged on and I now don’t have a club. No one from Caley Thistle has contacted me.

“I have to make a decision based on what’s best for my family. If that means moving away, I will, but I am at a crossroads...

• Sad 4

Just when you think those in charge of the club couldn't be any more awful and incompetent, lo and behold, they prove us wrong.

What a disgusting way to treat a long serving, core member of the team who, despite all the chaos around the club, actually wants to stay here.  Let's face it, if there's one player we are going to need next season, it is a good keeper.  And Mark is a very good keeper.

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 3

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/defender-confirms-he-has-left-caley-thistle-after-receiving-352890/

I am not with Inverness Caledonian Thistle anymore, but it is not ideal the way that they have treated players, especially some players who are regarded as legends at the club.  I have not had one message or phone call from the club, but I am not sure if my agent has spoke to them.

I have not been approached at any time about my contract getting extended or any verbal agreement. I presumed I was done there anyway and didn’t expect to get a new deal because I had no word during the season. Nobody at the club made me aware that I wasn’t wanted, I have made that decision myself to leave.

I wasn’t sure if I wasn’t staying regardless, but nobody told me. I have just left and they have not tried to keep me.

I feel it is unfair on us players, this is our job at the end of the day and we are not on Premier League wages where you can afford to not be employed for a small period. It is not fair on any player to not have contact from the club.

I have nothing lined up at all at the moment, but I won’t stress over it.

EDIT - I should have noted this was Wallace Duffy's comments. 

Mark is certainly a player that could be pushing promotion from the Championship or even playing in the premier league, him playing for us in League 1 would be a huge asset of that there is no doubt. It’s a real disgrace that no one from the club has contacted him and the players but not just that, it’s a tactical disaster. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Absolutely shameful that Directors who may have put money into the club but who live absolutely comfortable lives have treated the players so disgracefully. 

I would have thought that would be the job of a manager. Anyone heard from Dunc recently?

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

4 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

He's on holiday, due back this week. I have a feeling he will resign.

We would all be delighted if he did but I think he will stay and get as much money as he can from the club just like the rest!

• Agree 1