FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section (merged)

FortressICT

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't do fancy dress for the dunfermilne game.its not that big occasion or anything.we'r just trying to get an atmosphere.we shouldnt need 2 even having a singing section.most of the main stand fans are a disgrace so they'll won't agree with any of it so don't push it with the fancy dress,most main standers will see it as to bad points:to much noise and to much fun.

Just a small thought.

There may be others like me that saw this thread and passed it by as we have read it all before, ( I thought) It was the amount of traffic on it that made me look at it in more depth.

Perhaps it is worth starting a new thread - Singing Wing - so that this worth while experiment gets max exposure. (As you will maybe get in the Singing Wing if our current Summer leaves us)

don't do fancy dress for the dunfermilne game.its not that big occasion or anything.we'r just trying to get an atmosphere.we shouldnt need 2 even having a singing section.most of the main stand fans are a disgrace so they'll won't agree with any of it so don't push it with the fancy dress,most main standers will see it as to bad points:to much noise and to much fun.

Its IS fun and should be done - if only as a wind up - it will also give many of the older posters an excuse to dress up in wummins clothes.

As disgraceful as ICT fans going to watch a County game instead of an ICT game?

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

what?because i don't want to be on the road all day and i've got other things 2 do.i.e -revise for xams.i'd rather be out for like only 4 hours.then revise.than go to dundee and be away all day.my exams are more important.

See - you have a reason for not going to the ICT game. Perhaps the people who don't sing have a reason for not getting behind the team.

You quite rightly state that exams are more important than the football. Perhaps the same thinking applies to those who don't sing at the game - there are more important things worth worrying about than shouting loudly for 90 minutes.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

I think not singing and going to Dingwall instead of Dundee are two separate scenarios with very little you can use to justify/criticise the others.

Singing:

It is good to see younger fans who want to be enthusiastic, want to sing and who want to try and create an atmosphere. It should be encouraged.

We have done this debate on here a thousand times before as I also used to get frustrated when it was only a small enclave of us around the tunnel that made any sustained noise and were usually stared (or more accurately glared) at for having the audacity to wake up some of those who were enjoying their post-bovril naps. By the same token, these 'nappers' have a right not to sing so perhaps those who want to make noise can do it but the nappers can stop glaring at them, and the nappers can get some earplugs so the noisy ones dont wake them up !!! problem solved !!!

I hope the Dunfermline 'test' is a successful one in terms of numbers, and although some of the noise might be carried into the firth because of the location, I am sure choirmaster Johndo will just make them sing even louder. If it is a success, I hope that the supporters themselves work with the club (through the trust perhaps) to come to an agreement on a suitable area of the north stand to establish a permanent section as the uncovered wings are not suitable.

Dundee or Dingwall:

Its personal choice .... Go to Dundee or go to Dingwall ? Some might choose to go to Dingwall because they want to see whether a championship is won there (obviously not by County !!), some might go because they want to see our neighbours get relegated, some may go because its cheaper than watching what could likely be a typical end of season SPL game and want to see two sides who should both come out fighting for various reasons, some may go because they just dont have the time to get to Dundee and back but Dingwall fits into their plans for the rest of the day.

I could understand the annoyance if ICT were playing at the TCS but whatever these supporters decide we shouldnt really be slagging them off or calling them bad supporters because at the end of the day, Caley Thistle are not losing money on this as its an away game

I'm attending my mates wedding this Saurday so can't really say too much but IMO going to a County match on the same day ICT are playing is unthinkable.

I'm going to a Toronto match !!! Their first ever home game and will have to leave for the pub before the ICT game is more than about 20 minutes old !

i'm lookin at it like this, paying £2 to see a gd game of football and its goin to a club who really needs it :015: or paying out £20 to a team who are 1 of our closest rivals in th SPL!! 

You don't go to away games then I take it?

but we wouldnt u get behind your team?

What?  :017:

i'm really just aiming it at the people who tell you to be quiet and give u dirty looks when you make any noise.

Yet I know for a fact that some of these 'disgraceful' mainstanders while will be in Dundee this weekend at the game.

Scotty - I agree with a lot of what you say I think it's a bit sad that some ICT fans criticise others for their 'attitude' at games but would rather go and see County get relegated instead of come to an Away game where the atmosphere has been as good as any away game we have had. A perfect chance for them to test out their lungs.

As for the Dunfermline test I hope it goes well. I don't think the noise will carry well because of the location but that is merely an observation not a criticism. Ideally a place in the North Stand could be looked at but this would mean dislodging ST holders and I can't see that happening.

Incidentally Scotty - have you ever encountered that tool from P & B Bhoys67 at a Toronto game?

I'm attending my mates wedding this Saurday so can't really say too much but IMO going to a County match on the same day ICT are playing is unthinkable.

You're a part timer anyway so it makes no difference to you  :016:

Incidentally Scotty - have you ever encountered that tool from P & B Bhoys67 at a Toronto game?

This is the first ever Toronto home game so not yet ..... I have crossed swords with him a few times on there so hope I never meet him. Having said that, I dont think he goes to any games, just watches on TV.

You're a part timer anyway so it makes no difference to you  :016:

:014: :015:

have to admit this season hasn't been the best due to other commitments/girlfriend but shall be rectified once I convince her to move to sneck :004:

You don't go to away games then I take it?

no i havent bn to any this season because ive bn doin voluntary work every saturday night since september. but ive gone to plenty 2 away games when ive bn able 2 make it before!

oh and for one of the threads above i would never ever want to go near th town of dingwall never mind viccy park if caley were playing at home that day!!!

maybe people should just be allowed to do whatever the **** they want without having to explain themselves  :014:

Why do you say that? You must have a reason for saying that! :008:  :004:

maybe people should just be allowed to do whatever the **** they want without having to explain themselves  :014:

Why do you say that? You must have a reason for saying that! :008:  :004:

cos he is right perhaps ?  :004: