FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section (merged)

FortressICT

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for giving it a wee bash and seeing what happens.

I think you should keep that to yourself bud :018: :014:

Great idea btw :022:

But the Manics new album is just that good!

Okay so section A it is then.

I'm just back from a meeting with Mike Smith (Chief Exec) and he is very supportive of the proposals put forward by yourselves.  With the help of the Supporter's Trust the singing section will be piloted at the Dunfermline game.  No need to do anything special at this stage.  You will be able to gain access to the ground with your season ticket or pay at the gate, and for this game only you will be 'free to roam' to section 'A', which is the uncovered section nearest to the North Stand.

Supporter's Trust board members will be available on the day to co-ordinate this trial and to gather information from those supporters who are interested in this becoming a more permanent fixture within the club.  As I have said already the club are very keen to have something in place for next season.

It's now over to you.  You asked for it, as a member of the Supporter's Trust board, I liased with the club on your behalf and now you have it.  You have to support it.  We will all end up with egg on our faces if IHE ends up there on his own.  :015: :015: :015:

Please PM me if you wish your contact details included in the list of interested parties if you cannot make the game.

I have to say thank you to Mike for facilitating this meeting at short notice and for his positive response.  He has also agreed to include this information in a press release prior to the game and hopefully it should appear on the official site before long too.

:021: :021: :021:

:music03: :music02: :party01: :panda02: :panda01: :music04:

And for IHE  :moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :015: :015: :015:

Sorry Im a lost. As a season ticket holder in section E of the main stand must i now buy a seperate ticket for section A?

Edit: I get it now

:015: :015: :015:

for this game only you can gain access with your season ticket for section E and move to section A to see if you want to be part of the noisy crew. :003:

A few questions:

1. Why was section A chosen over the other uncovered part (i have no preference, just interested)

2. Do the club have any plans for any discounts (i.e. kids get in free, reduced prices etc)

3. Off the top of their heads, does anyone have an estimate of how many people the uncovered section can hold, and if it were to be filled (unlikely i know) would the stewards be particualrly pis sed if it spilt on to section B

Actually section A seems like the better idea rather than the south part of the Main Stand.  Anything we conjour up with our vocal "talents" might be more likely to catch on through the rest of the home crowds considering we'd be in right in the middle of the home crowd...  :024:

A few questions:

1. Why was section A chosen over the other uncovered part (i have no preference, just interested)

2. Do the club have any plans for any discounts (i.e. kids get in free, reduced prices etc)

3. Off the top of their heads, does anyone have an estimate of how many people the uncovered section can hold, and if it were to be filled (unlikely i know) would the stewards be particualrly pis sed if it spilt on to section B

1. Section G would have had problem with the safety people as it is very close to the away support.  The next section is mainly executive hospitality seating, so we thought that you would be isolated in G with little hope of encouraging people to join in. 

2. Haven't heard yet if the club have any plans for special offers for this game, I'm sure we'll hear soon if they do.  Remember when they offer discount you have some season ticket holders complaining.  Can't please all of the people all of the time unfortunately.

3. Spilling into section B wouldn't be an option as this is mainly sold out to season ticket holders.  I would love to have the problem with the area overflowing though, I'm sure we could sort something out in the North Stand, but if we get around 250 I'll personally be delighted if not slightly amazed.  :015:

Innes bar.... first.

Personally i dont think its a good idea to have a singing section in one of the wings, firstly due to it being open the sound is lost very easily, North stand maybe section F or G? right behind the goals would benefit for abuse of away keeper etc.

Secondly, have you ever sat on the wings during a Heeland winter snow/rain/sleet - not nice, even the main stand centre section dont get much protection.

Maybe the weather angle sounds oldish, but ive never got wet/blinded in the north stand yet.

Personally i dont think its a good idea to have a singing section in one of the wings, firstly due to it being open the sound is lost very easily, North stand maybe section F or G? right behind the goals would benefit for abuse of away keeper etc. Secondly, have you ever sat on the wings during a Heeland winter snow/rain/sleet - not nice, even the main stand centre section dont get much protection.

Maybe the weather angle sounds oldish, but ive never got wet/blinded in the north stand yet.

Richard - I agree with what you say but the bottom line is that there is nowhere else for it to go for the TEST.

The uncovered wings are the only part of the stadium where you can be certain of not displacing users from their normal seats as there are no season tickets for those areas. As LG has said, the other end was not considered because of safety issues or the fear that some of the "munch bunch" might be woken from their slumber.

I am sure the club will be well aware of the acoustic problem of that area and will be more interested in the quantity of people who go there for this test. If it is a success then ideally a section of the north stand behind the goals would be perfect for next season - if people who dont want to sing can be persuaded to give up seats to accomodate it .

We are quick to have a go at the club (and chief exec) if we think they have screwed something up so fair play to them (and LG) for acting quickly on this suggestion to see if it has merit.

Guest Atholl

Me and my youngest (5) will be in there - my oldest (16)  doubtful  - Shinty unfortunately.. .. We'll come in via the North Stand then use the freedom to roam mentioned

My youngest loves the singing bit and asked me in the first half against Well when we could start so bring it on.....  :021:

YEEEEES!!! thanks very much mike smith, supporters trust and most of all L_G!!!!!!

will we be allowed to stand u reckon?? if not dont care cause il still be there with ma drum  :022: lets get ready for some noise!!!!

also i think we should give roscoe23 a thank you.  It was because of his whinning about no atmosphere at th games we took th advantage of the last game to get a wee trial :003: roll on dunfermline game, MON EH CALEY!!!

superb news!!!that'll b banging!i agree with 1 of the guys,if we can get singing there then the north will start but i doubt the main will.the drummers etc in the north might stay.but if we cn get the same songs at the same time and actually make a noise it will be a great step.and will be fantastic next season.

If the drummers stay in the North Stand then there is no point in this exercise at all.  The whole idea is for all the people who want to make a noise to be together. Bring all the drums, hooters etc and make plenty noise.  Chief choirmaster IHE will be in attendance so we should be in for an entertaining day.

Congratulations on a post that I understood.  :015: :rotflmao:

Feckin excellent - Well done lg - lets pack the place out - get the feckin drums in as well - but where can I fly ma feckin flag ??  :crazy07:

Of course the North Stand would be better and shure it is all about the weather - but i will have a word with ma speywife auntie about this and maybe Scottie can ask some Redskins not to feckin dance on the Friday.

If this goes OK we go fer a proposal ASAP - I will post now on another thread.

And thanks to rosscoe23 fer a great idea - I would never have thought about it maself :017: :017: :017: :017: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Personally i dont think its a good idea to have a singing section in one of the wings, firstly due to it being open the sound is lost very easily, North stand maybe section F or G? right behind the goals would benefit for abuse of away keeper etc. Secondly, have you ever sat on the wings during a Heeland winter snow/rain/sleet - not nice, even the main stand centre section dont get much protection.

Richard - I agree with what you say but the bottom line is that there is nowhere else for it to go for the TEST.

The uncovered wings are the only part of the stadium where you can be certain of not displacing users from their normal seats as there are no season tickets for those areas. As LG has said, the other end was not considered because of safety issues or the fear that some of the "munch bunch" might be woken from their slumber.

I am sure the club will be well aware of the acoustic problem of that area and will be more interested in the quantity of people who go there for this test. If it is a success then ideally a section of the north stand behind the goals would be perfect for next season - if people who dont want to sing can be persuaded to give up seats to accomodate it .

We are quick to have a go at the club (and chief exec) if we think they have screwed something up so fair play to them (and LG) for acting quickly on this suggestion to see if it has merit.

Fair enough Scotty, however if the singing section is placed into section a, and lets hope its a success, what are the chances of it being moved to another place in the stadium, say A B OR C in the north stand?

I can see the management saying 'we cant move season tkt holders blah blah blah,' so just stay there, and i'll tell ya now, it wont last there, just wait till the bad weather.  

It would be excellent if a SS was in a covered part of the stand or somewhere in the North Stand but ST holders cannot be inconvenienced at this stage so this is the best option open to folk just now  :003: