FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section (merged)

FortressICT

Guest ictdave

for the 1st time in a while i sat in main stand section B there was wee kids trying to sing at section A the uncovered bit why didnt you join them.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coronationcages

AS I CANT GET TO THE MANY OF THE INVERNESS MATCHES I HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH SHEFF WEDNESDAY! BUT I HAVE TO AGREE AS CALEY FANS WE NEED TO SING MORE SONGS AND FOR MORE THAN JUST A FEW MINUTES AT A TIME. THE OWLS FANS SING FOR 95% OF THE GAME ..NOT ALL OF THE FANS SING BUT THEY DONT TUT OR COMMENT. WE HAVE A TEAM TO BE PROUD OF AND SHOULD INTIMIDATE HE OPPOSITION!

singing section should be the south wing of the main stand, as close to the away support as possible.

but rig and his friends are cheapskates and hang out in the family section, wont be moving to the expensive stand anytime soon.  not a dig at him actually i know him too well and why he sits up there, throwback to the old terrace days more than anything,  more a moan at the rest of the people in the north stand who try and get some noise going about 3 miles away from the opposition support.

like i said straight after that its more of a throwback to the old terrace days.  dont beleive any of this crap about it being the traditional place where louder fans go, it just happens to be the cheapest part of the ground, not that i have a problem with that, its just the worst place i nthe ground to create any real atmosphere

need to move on and if you ever want a singing section to be a laugh rather than a monotonous weekly cycle aimed at nobody in particular then the main stand by the away support is the way, i got sick of north stand long ago, all seemed too forced if i sat with you guys.  should sit in the south of the main stand between the away duggout and away stand  :011:

Here's a feckin idea ? A different slant on an idea which attracts much support but lacks direction.

Can we not ask the club officially to secure a section/s of the North Stand for the Dunfermline game as a "pilot project". Supporters with a Main Stand seat would be allowed to move into the Singing section fer the day and potentially look at reduced pricing?

If it falls flat on its face - then so be it. If it is a success - then put it forward on a more formal basis ?

Worth a shot I suppose.  I know this is something very much in the club's plans for next season, but just waiting for a bit more information regarding the logistics before they make a formal announcement.  I'll put forward this suggestion on your behalf, although I won't really have to as they will see this anyway.  :004:  The only problem I can forsee with this is people who already have season tickets in this 'designated' area and don't want to sing.  But they might take the chance of trying out another area for this one game.  Preferably they would just join in though.

Okay we kind of have 2 threads loosly related.  Now Clacher you make a good point.  The main stand (uncovered area) would be an ideal place for the 'singers' but would people be prepared to use it as it is uncovered.  The covered area is cold and wet enough some days.  This section is often sold at North/South stand prices.  I know that the club are looking into this and the Chairman is very keen that something is put in place for the start of the season.  IHE's suggestion of a trial for the Dunfermline is a good one as there are a few things planned for that day as a kind of end of the season celebration.

At the last Trust forum the chairman mentioned a singing section and I informed him that it had been tried and failed in the past, but he didn't see that as any deterent.  He seems to be to be a man that likes to stick to his word.  The only way it won't work is if the fans don't buy into it.

As for the family section, there are a few there now that will no longer qualify for this area and will have to move anyway. (this will naturally happen every year as families grow up and have to move to full price areas)

Singing at away games has never been a problem though.  That's the point exactly, we need to create more of this atmosphere at home, but we can only do that if we sit the noisy people all together.  :003:

Guest Atholl

With the anti Singing Brigade or Shoosh Brigade as I have now categorised them (Silent Haughty Old Onlookers Soccer Haven) safely established in my mind within their sound proof booths wondering why, having paid out a small fortune, “well in my day I travelled half way round Concorde first class for a private performance in Eltons LA mansion for that sort of money””, Sir Elton is miming without sound,  I thought it only fair and representative to turn my creative talents to the challenge that lies ahead for the Pro singing lobby.

I quickly dismissed the Federation of Animated Rebels Trying to Sing as a bit too risqué and instead decided to create a fusion of the component parts that make up our club.

A serious plan now started to formulate based on my standpoint that this was the peoples game and we should reclaim it at least in vocal terms.

A combination of

Red Army+Drummers+Invernessians+Caley Army+Longman Stadium became my brainchild.

Radical: favouring or tending to produce extreme or fundamental changes.

Emerging from my deep underground laboratory, tired and unshaven I knew that I had created my brainchild and as I climbed the stair in my zombie state I started a melodius chant that soon reverbrated in my minds eye throughout our stadium and beyond to the four corners of the SPL.

Icy Tea Radical Army

Icy Tea Radical Army

Icy Tea Radical Army...

Unwittingly through holding a cup of lukewarm earl grey I had stumbled on the final piece of the jigsaw, ICT, not Caley or Thistle songs, MY GOD THAT WAS IT!, our songs must show the way to freedom (to sing) and unite the clans.

Tomorrow, I would rally the legions to pledge themselves on forum to my elite clan, pledging to uphold the aims and objectives of our band of brothers

As An ICT Radical I promise to faithfully attend and raise the vocal profile of our support, both home and away

This is the rallying point before the start of next season ladies and gentlemen. Pledge yourself in numbers and we shall congregate in the areas promised to us, our birthright for 90 minutes in the North Stand, or as I envisage a section will come to be known, The Free Radical Section.

I agree with Clacher re the location of the singing section.

The no roof situation shouldn't be an issue as if you believe everything you read the "noisiest" fans are the die hard terracing fanatics.  A little rain, hail or snow shouldn't put them off  :016:

Connecting this with IHE's idea of doing something for the Dunfermline game, they could just open up that section to anyone with a ticket anywhere else in the ground that wants to go sit there.  As no season tickets have been sold in the area you wouldn't have to move anyone and it wouldn't matter if you were a Main Stand or North Stand regular.  The game is unlikely to see a huge attendance so it's not like they'll need the space for others.

this is a pretty class idea :022: myself and roscoe23 sit in th same section in th main stand but il definatly b up for joinin in if it does go ahead.

only thing is, if we managed to get enough interest of a singin section for the last game i doubt we'll be allowed to stand up!! :020: