FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section (merged)

FortressICT

its quite simple really all we need to do is publicise the whereabouts and if people want to go there and sing than fine. dunfermline at home isnt exactly the most attractive of games so i very much doubt there will be anyone in the uncovered end as they can merely just move if thats the spot they are allocated

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the daily express 2day it had;the good,the bad and the ugly of the caley gme.the ugly was "the low key atmopshere was dreadful" no wonder the press dont like us,they want 2 watch a gud match of footie with a gud atmosphere.THAT AINT CALEY!!!lets sort it out v dunfermilne.absoluty shag them and get a gr8 atmosphere!!!

Whenever i try to get involved in a bit of singing, people just look at me as if im some sort of idiot  :024: . Too many people are coming to the game and sitting there as if the stadium is a Library. A few songs could really get the team's spirit lifted so yeah lets go for this singing section  :022: . Even away supporters from teams like Dunfermline who only bring about a handful of fans away manage to generate much more noise than we do!!! I travel about 200 miles to watch most home matches and its normally a lot more exciting at away matches when the small loyal travelling caley supporters  make plenty of noise so lets do this at home matches. a louder atmosphere would certainly back the team more even if you look like a T*T  :021:.

Guest Arab4Ever

How's about:

Caley clap clap clap

Oh Inverness

Carefree

Give us a C

O2B

Glory, Glory

Theres a half dozen to be getting on with

how does Caley clap clap clap go? :002:

As I have said already the chairman is very keen to take this forward.  I have e-mailed the chief exec today to make him aware of this thread and gave a summary of the suggestions.  I've cc'd the chairman into the e-mail for his information.  I'll let you all know when I get a response, but I think a trial for the Dunfermline game is an excellent idea.

The only thing I thought about later was that it might be better in the uncovered section between the main and north stands. Youth teams already have seats in this area and are keen to make a noise and it would encourage some support from both stands. Section G would be seen as better crack, but could be a bit volatile so close to the away end and with these banning orders being handed out willy nilly might be best to stay away.  The other reason I thought was that section G (uncovered near 'away' stand) will be a bit isolated as the seats in sections E and F are where there are a lot of hospitality seats so not very likely they will join in.

As the chairman/cheif ex or whoever at the club has been made aware of this thread, then heres a some small ideas.

Rather than have the singing section in the North Stand or Main Stand, how about a totally different place, such as the club Investing in a 4th stand along the A9 side over the summer - ok there is problems with the gas main being there which are obvious.. but we used to have terracing along there in the lower leagues, so why not bring that terracing back - make the steps a bit bigger (leg room space) and install 3 or 4 rows of seats and put a low cost roof across the enclosure,

A bit like Gretna have at Raydale Low seat enclosure at Gretna

Ok it wont be full, it doesnt even have to go the full length of the pitch..even just 250-500 seats in the middle or at the end near the north stand, but it would generate a lot more atmosphere than in the actual North Stand or an outer section of the main stand with the roof so low and the allowance of echoing in the enclosure.

Negative of it is it will cost money to build but like i say, for a plus point it would be an investment in the future and with the right advertising done in and around the town.

On a side note, for extra people coming along to games to boost the attendances at ICT games, the club could look into tickets being made avaliable in some city shops/kiosk in the eastgate centre during the week? they do this very well in Bergen for Brann games from what i've heard) It may just tempt more people along if they see tickets avaliable in the town centre while out shopping and for the loss of a wage to sell the tickets (especially on a morning before a game), it could be extra income for ICT with people maybe more tempted to buy a ticket knowing they can get them in town rather than having to venture out to the stadium or indeed phoning the stadium.

Just a couple of ideas :003:

Singing section is a must though because it must be embarrasing when teams like Motherwell come north with 200 people and play sh1te and still make more noise at 2-0 down :006:

well chris where do u sit nd u cn get ur m8s 2 sit with ours then we cn get everything going!!

With designated seating it's sadly not always easy to get folk who want to sing together.

Okay RIG, let's not be negative, we have tried this before and failed.  This time I know that the club are very keen to do something.

Got an e-mail back from the chief exec and I am meeting him tomorrow to discuss further.  Please feel free to add any comments suggestions meantime.

The current proposal is to trial the use of one of the uncovered sections for the Dunfermline game, which I actually think is quite a good idea.  Grander ideas have been discussed, but this might be a good short term solution.  We also have plenty of time to publicise this.

Well done lg  :clapping03: :clapping03:

How does anybody know if two sections in the North Stand could not defeat the acoustics and promote an atmosphere - It has never been feckin achieved before - Lets face it - most of the inhabitants would be the Away crew anyway.

I think we go fer anywhere fer the "trial" - only prob is that it will die a feckin death if the weather is untoward.

I am still only too happy to draft up a proposal if certain individuals are willing to do some "research" and leg work fer me.

Okay RIG, let's not be negative, we have tried this before and failed.  This time I know that the club are very keen to do something.

Got an e-mail back from the chief exec and I am meeting him tomorrow to discuss further.  Please feel free to add any comments suggestions meantime.

The current proposal is to trial the use of one of the uncovered sections for the Dunfermline game, which I actually think is quite a good idea.  Grander ideas have been discussed, but this might be a good short term solution.  We also have plenty of time to publicise this.

nice 1 L_G :022: just wondering on what uncovered area you are hoping for? is it the one closest to the north stand or south stand?

what about sections A - D in the north stand theyre usually pretty empty. but then again im happy to go anywhere if we defianatly get a go ahead for this trial! Could you also please ask the cheif exec. if we would be allowed to stand? if we were allowed to stand i think the best place to put us is in th uncoverd bits, out of everyones way.

also im thinkin of takin my snare drum to this game, i hope thats ok with th current drummers or drummer lol.

Okay so section A it is then.

I'm just back from a meeting with Mike Smith (Chief Exec) and he is very supportive of the proposals put forward by yourselves.  With the help of the Supporter's Trust the singing section will be piloted at the Dunfermline game.  No need to do anything special at this stage.  You will be able to gain access to the ground with your season ticket or pay at the gate, and for this game only you will be 'free to roam' to section 'A', which is the uncovered section nearest to the North Stand.

Supporter's Trust board members will be available on the day to co-ordinate this trial and to gather information from those supporters who are interested in this becoming a more permanent fixture within the club.  As I have said already the club are very keen to have something in place for next season.

It's now over to you.  You asked for it, as a member of the Supporter's Trust board, I liased with the club on your behalf and now you have it.  You have to support it.  We will all end up with egg on our faces if IHE ends up there on his own.  :015: :015: :015:

Please PM me if you wish your contact details included in the list of interested parties if you cannot make the game.

I have to say thank you to Mike for facilitating this meeting at short notice and for his positive response.  He has also agreed to include this information in a press release prior to the game and hopefully it should appear on the official site before long too.

:021: :021: :021:

:music03: :music02: :party01: :panda02: :panda01: :music04:

And for IHE  :moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :015: :015: :015:

Nice one. Lets see if those who moan about the atmosphere do anything about it.

Are there no season ticket holders in Section A then that will be displaced?

this is the last home game of the season RiG and as far as we're aware there are no season ticket holders in this section.

what happens next season may be slightly different and better but as L_G says it's now over to you guys to make this happen.

so get out there and get your pals together and make it work...

No RIG there are no season ticket holders in this area, which makes it ideal for the pilot.  It may not necessarily be the permanent 'home' of the singing section, but it will give us the opportunity to gather the information on who is interested which we will take back to the club and they will then look in to how they take it forward, but it will depend on the support it receives.

It's a very positive response from the club, so I really hope that this time it is well enough publicised and supported.