Season Tickets + Resignation Confirmation

The Board of Directors at ICT would like to thank the fans for their patience at this difficult time.

Firstly we can confirm the resignation of our Chairman and Board member Ross Morrison. He leaves with our sincere thanks for the dedicated service he has given to the Club and we are indebted to him for his passion, tireless effort and crucial investment in the Club.

We can also announce that our CEO Scot Gardiner has tendered his resignation, which has been accepted by the Board. Scot is now serving his notice and will be continuing to help the Club get through this difficult period.

Following the continued restructuring of the club, including a revised football model and budget to take us into and beyond season 2024/25, the club is pleased to announce the sale of Season Tickets for this coming season from 10 am today, our historic 30th Year Anniversary year, with special thanks to Caley Jag Stewart Coghill for the brilliant 30th Anniversary logo.

While the last few weeks have been difficult for everyone connected to the club, as a Board and as a club, we now respectfully ask the supporters to rally around the team and the management, and a squad which will feature more Inverness and Highland players than we have had for many a long year and if ever we need the fans, it is now. 

The striking new commemorative 30th Anniversary Puma ICT kits will also be revealed over the weekend and with hugely positive discussions currently ongoing with a number of potential new investors, we hope the Caley Jags fans can also rise to the occasion when we need you the most.

Season Tickets will be available on our ticketing website www.eticketing.co.uk/ictfc/ – which is powered by Ticketmaster Sport.  

If you are an existing Season ticket holder we have reserved your existing seats. 

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-2024-25-season-tickets/

I will wait to see what is happening with our club and confirmation that Gardiner has left the building before I renew

Well THAT Club Statement didn't say an awful lot!

Scott Gardiner still in residence.

We'll have lots of Inverness/Highland-based players this coming season.

Now please cough up and buy your season tickets.

And some Puma gear!

No actual confirmation that we'll be solvent next season. But that's not really any of our business, is it?

Yet again we're told nothing, but expected to cough up for season tickets without knowing; if we're entering adminstration, which players have been offered new contracts, which players have left, is the manager being kept on, when is the ceo actually leaving the building, who are these Inverness/Highland based players you mention. . . .  ?

The level of contempt the club has for its fans is unbelievable!

1 hour ago, buckett said:

No actual confirmation that we'll be solvent next season. But that's not really any of our business, is it?

I think it’s more the case that there’s not a lot they can say just now whilst discussions and deals are still in progress.

hugely positive discussions currently ongoing with a number of potential new investors”

I don't think they would be selling season tickets if they did not expect to be solvent, as that would be a serious matter the directors - wrongful trading under the Insolvency Act.

Anyone else think that pricing structure is bizarre? Compare to last year's prices. Main stand prices lowered especially over 65s in main stand whilst almost the same for North? 

Lowering the old 16-21 ( formally 16-25) even further looks like SG revenge on Young team to me. 

At last a statement. However, in terms of due diligence, I think supporters need some answers before we invest. 

1. Can we see the accounts for 2022/23 please?

2. Who has currently signed for the Club.

3. What is our Management Team?

I would respectfully also ask if a Trust Member will be on the new board even if new owners emerge. 

Not a detailed statement but I’m just happy that it sounds like we will have a team to support next season 🙏

Would I be right in saying that if you did buy a season ticket ( once more detail comes out ) using a credit card then you would be able to get a refund if anything does go t*ts up ? . 

1 hour ago, strutty1965 said:

Would I be right in saying that if you did buy a season ticket ( once more detail comes out ) using a credit card then you would be able to get a refund if anything does go t*ts up ? . 

Doubt it . I’ll be holding off for now and see when the ceo resign date is before parting with anything . What a crap statement to put out after all this time 

1 hour ago, caley1 said:

Doubt it . I’ll be holding off for now and see when the ceo resign date is before parting with anything . What a crap statement to put out after all this time 

No I think he/she is correct. You are protected if credit card and over £100. 

They will take our money for season tickets and then hit us with news that Scott Gardiner staying on in a different role.

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Article today regarding similar situation at Reading FC.  Quote below from their supporters trust, STAR.

“We recommend that anyone purchasing a season ticket considers using a credit card for added security.

“If, for any reason, the Club cannot fulfil the season ticket, paying by credit card ensures that you would receive a refund (pro rata) under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.”

Statement issued by our Supporters Trust asking fans to renew season tickets. They seem to have been able to obtain more information than is in the public domain in arriving at that stance.

IMG_0078.jpeg

Edited by EvilWhiteStripe
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Well Said 2
  • Thoughtful 3
  • Confused 1

The Board of Directors at ICT would like to thank the fans for their patience at this difficult time :hiding02:

Copy-of-Copy-of-Colorful-Student-CampaigFirstly we can confirm the resignation of our Chairman and Board member Ross Morrison. He leaves with our sincere thanks for the dedicated service he has given to the Club and we are indebted to him for his passion, tireless effort and crucial investment in the Club.

We can also announce that our CEO Scot Gardiner has tendered his resignation, which has been accepted by the Board. Scot is now serving his notice and will be continuing to help the Club get through this difficult period.

FULL STATEMENT CLICK HERE

View full article

• tm4tj changed the title to Season Tickets + Resignation Confirmation
  • tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

OK.  I'm still reluctant to buy a seas.tkt until I read the words  ' No administration  '

We could still pump thousands I to the bottomless pit, Then see it disappear.   

Ongoing talks re investors means the situation is still to be resolved.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My thoughts are similar but, on the other hand, if we don't get some cash into the club, it might go into administration anyway.

Will take the weekend to think about this, buy a lottery ticket and If Scotland win, will seriously consider renewing my season ticket!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

These prices, even at Earlybird rates, seem quite high for League One. Indeed on average, they seem to be around 17% more expensive than Ross County are charging in the Premiership, although that’s based on equal weighting of all classes. If you allow for County’s price for the heavily populated East/West stands being a fair bit dearer than ICT’s main stand, then the differential might narrow. But two leagues of a difference?

• Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

These prices, even at Earlybird rates, seem quite high for League One. Indeed on average, they seem to be around 17% more expensive than Ross County are charging in the Premiership, although that’s based on equal weighting of all classes. If you allow for County’s price for the heavily populated East/West stands being a fair bit dearer than ICT’s main stand, then the differential might narrow. But two leagues of a difference?

I can cope with that Charles but it's so unfair that adults and ocer65s in main stand get a big reduction on last year compared to north stand ? I'm very very disappointed at the further rolling back of the young adult category too. So short sighted 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I don't think Ross County are a fair comparison for ST prices considering that Roy just pumps money into the club they can afford to have cheaper season tickets.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 5

This club is beyond belief. First communication I receive from the club is to buy a season tickets. What a shower of muppets. So many unanswered questions. Not willing to put their money in but ask us. no administration and sg gone I will happily pay my season ticket and more.

Edited by Jagsscotty
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Statement issued by our Supporters Trust asking fans to renew season tickets. They seem to have been able to obtain more information than is in the public domain in arriving at that stance.

IMG_0078.jpeg

The fact they're open to access more info is a brilliant development. Shows there's even further between the board and the Supporters Trust, and have possibly managed to get themselves onto the board, but just don't want to speak out of turn

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Just now, Jack Waddington said:

The fact they're open to access more info is a brilliant development. Shows there's even further between the board and the Supporters Trust, and have possibly managed to get themselves onto the board, but just don't want to speak out of turn

Evidence of that being true? 

Presumably the trust know more than they are able to divulge. That said their first loyalty should be to the trust membership. This whole "just trust us" ( no pun intended) vibe is wearing thin I'll be keeping my hard earned cash for now till we are provided with actual detail of any restructuting. Over to you ICTFC & Supporters trust.

Well for me at last some light at the end of the tunnel . As a support we have all demanded change and it’s been granted . Gardiner will be gone and it’s time for us all to get behind the club on the next stage of our history . For those who say little has been said in the statement I’d argue the opposite . Youth and local players to be given the chance to show they are good enough . More importantly the news of possible new investment is massive and it’s understandable that the club until this is finalised cannot reveal details . For me some of the doom and gloom merchants on this forum will never be happy !!! The supporters trust have been in dialogue with the club and been given assurances . I will be renewing my season ticket on Monday . Finally for the many in Inverness who were revelling in our demise I say long live ICT

Reading between the lines, I agree that it does largely sound promising; particularly the part stating that we’ve got what we wanted in that we’ll be fielding many local players next season ( even if this is financially motivated rather than a desire to connect with area). This notwithstanding, the phrase “Following the continued restructuring of the club, including a revised football model…” evokes an element of dread in me due to the last revised model they unilaterally decided upon.

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 8

At this moment in time, the Supporters Trust are looking at it as a positive release by the club. This is the crux of their statement.

The Supporters Trust board has been in dialogue with the club and has been provided assurances that the ongoing financial viability of the club and its senior management changes will soon be concluded.

The first competitive game of the season takes place in just four weeks’ time, therefore with these assurances from the ICTFC board of directors, we feel it is time to move forward. We are therefore asking all Inverness Caledonian Thistle supporters to reunite behind the club, renew season tickets and purchase club merchandise. Only by doing that can the club we love continue in the short term, while new investment is completed.

Our request for a democratically elected representative of the Supporters Trust board to join the club board still stands and we hope that this will now be seriously considered. We look forward to receiving updates on the club’s financial situation, the playing and coaching staff, and the youth academy.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

Trigger on ST did need to be pulled, as did kit, and something is better than nothing, but why is there still no improvement in comms? Maybe it's splitting hairs, guilty of doom and gloom, and missing the big picture, but it does need to be better than it currently is:

• They gave a very fond bon voyage to Ross -fair enough - but nothing about Cammy, Cameron, Mark, Aaron, Wallace...that's wild!
  • "...as a Board [and as a club], we now respectfully ask the supporters to..." The current board have zero credibility after Aaron!
  • "The Board of Directors at ICT would like to thank the fans for their patience at this difficult time" - 'patience'?  Who has been patient?  Tin-eared.
  • "Scot is now serving his notice and will be continuing to help the Club get through this difficult period".  Eh?  
  • we hope the Caley Jags fans can also rise to the occasion when we need you the most  overlook the omni-shambles in the last six months, and our inability to do even the most basic tasks such as accounting, speaking to the players, or duty of care... [suggested edit]

The Supporters Trust must have had a good reason to have backed the statement, but can they use their influence to improve the comms? 

Edited by Achfary
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

What kind of assurances has the Supporters Club obtained?  "The uncertainty will soon be at an end."  Is this merely the heads-up on the official statement coming out, or have they actually got more substantive info, e.g., have they been told what the investment (if it comes off) is to look like? 

Edited by IcyT
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

There is no detail in any of this. They are expecting us to blindly invest in the club with no evidence things have improved financially and when change in the boardroom is slow at best. 

If you respectfully ask us to support the club then be respectful to us and inform us what we are investing in. If it's a short term loan from a pal of Morrison then no thanks. 

We have been left to speculate for well over a week about the clubs future but this does nothing to clarify the matter and neither does the ST statement. To be given assurances from the club board has meant absolutely nothing in the past, why would it mean something now?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

We are Inverness Caledonian Thistle!!!  Worth the premium.............................!!

(Tongue very much in cheek)

• Facepalm 1

I am prepared to take on board the recommendation of the Supporters Trust to renew my season ticket and will do so shortly. Like everybody on this forum I was fearful for the future of the club but I really hope the new investment is secured and the club can reset and reconnect with the fans and local community.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

I've kept relatively silent (publicly) on this whole thing, but I sent the following email to the Supporters Trust earlier.

Really disappointed at this statement.

The bit that reads "Only by doing that can the club we love continue in the short term, while new investment is completed." Is a clear indicator that money from fans only kicks the can down the road and nothing has changed.

Over the last few years the club have shown time and time again that they are incapable of getting investment deals over the line, but somehow this is different and we should trust that fact?

Your position now is so far removed from the feeling in the room at the fans meeting it's unreal, and I think it would have been prudent to have checked with members before doing a 180.

As I said at the start, disappointed.

Ultimately it is a decision for each individual to make on whether to buy season tickets and merchandise, but they should be FULLY informed on what that means and the risks involved.  Unless the supporters' trust has had sight of and verified that a deal is in place (and if they do, tell us), then it's irresponsible for them to be encouraging people to make a purchase.  They wouldn't support a boycott for fear of the legal implications, but seem happy enough to put a call out to buy and have fans risk their money?

Edited by CaleyD
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Well Said 7

5 hours ago, EvilWhiteStripe said:

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-2024-25-season-tickets/

I will wait to see what is happening with our club and confirmation that Gardiner has left the building before I renew

Well THAT Club Statement didn't say an awful lot!

Scott Gardiner still in residence.

We'll have lots of Inverness/Highland-based players this coming season.

Now please cough up and buy your season tickets.

And some Puma gear!

Yet again we're told nothing, but expected to cough up for season tickets without knowing; if we're entering adminstration, which players have been offered new contracts, which players have left, is the manager being kept on, when is the ceo actually leaving the building, who are these Inverness/Highland based players you mention. . . .  ?

The level of contempt the club has for its fans is unbelievable!

I think it’s more the case that there’s not a lot they can say just now whilst discussions and deals are still in progress.

hugely positive discussions currently ongoing with a number of potential new investors”

I don't think they would be selling season tickets if they did not expect to be solvent, as that would be a serious matter the directors - wrongful trading under the Insolvency Act.

Anyone else think that pricing structure is bizarre? Compare to last year's prices. Main stand prices lowered especially over 65s in main stand whilst almost the same for North? 

Lowering the old 16-21 ( formally 16-25) even further looks like SG revenge on Young team to me. 

At last a statement. However, in terms of due diligence, I think supporters need some answers before we invest. 

1. Can we see the accounts for 2022/23 please?

2. Who has currently signed for the Club.

3. What is our Management Team?

I would respectfully also ask if a Trust Member will be on the new board even if new owners emerge. 

Not a detailed statement but I’m just happy that it sounds like we will have a team to support next season 🙏

They will take our money for season tickets and then hit us with news that Scott Gardiner staying on in a different role.

Article today regarding similar situation at Reading FC.  Quote below from their supporters trust, STAR.

“We recommend that anyone purchasing a season ticket considers using a credit card for added security.

“If, for any reason, the Club cannot fulfil the season ticket, paying by credit card ensures that you would receive a refund (pro rata) under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.”

IMG_0078.jpeg

I think somethings gone awry with the first post in this thread. It looks like several different posts from different posters have somehow got merged so it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

• Agree 3

Scott Gardiner will be announced in a new role once all the Season tickets have been purchased,I have no trust in the board yet only when he's gone and out the door for good will I be convinced.

• Agree 4

So Morrison has gone, Gardiner is going and Kelty is dead in the water. If I remember correctly those were the three main demands from the supporters in this forum and also the wider community. To get Ferguson out at this moment in time will cost a fortune that we just don’t have currently.
I too am frustrated that we don’t have all the information we could have but I also remember being totally misled by Gardiner and his pals when they announced plans and cash windfalls as facts long before they were signed and sealed, so if the board aren’t giving much away just now maybe just maybe they are waiting until the deals are done and signed and written in stone before they announce what’s happening .

If we don’t buy our season tickets and merchandise then we all know what will happen. I’d rather lose money trying to keep the club alive than have the money in the bank and sod all to do on a Saturday afternoon. 
Doubt I’ll make many friends with this but it’s way I see it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 6

That’s fine, Ken - we all respect your view, I’m sure. However, many will not be in a position to throw £300 away as the case might turn out to be. Yes, Morrison and Gardiner out, and Kelty off, were original demands - plus better, watchable football would be a plus. But then the club raised administration as a real concern, noting they were seeking advice of an insolvency practitioner. So the goalposts will have moved for many. Now they also want a better understanding of where the club is going; what is the plan for survival. Would their season ticket money go towards the club or simply to its creditors in a winding-up.

Hopefully there is substance to this talk of “investors”, or is it just talk like so many times before?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1