FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Balti Wars in Sneck

Mrs Pauliebee

Learnt my lessons with hot ones Charles years ago. After ending up with an ersehole like the biginning of Bonanza I vowed never again... :015:

Eeeerrruugghh... ya put me off my curry Gringo..  that a Smiths you owe me :016:

I'll be gutted if Dickens closes. Personally I reckon it's one of the best eateries in town. Aye Abstract and Rocpool Reserve are good but you just can't beat Dickens for plain good eating. The Dickens Own Steak is delicious and good value as is the Mauritian Curry and Sweet & Sour chicken.

We don't need another Indian at the expense of a fine international ! :008:

I went there once and had a very enjoyable but expensive Sweet and Sour dish. I think their downfall may have resulted from some 'bad' press a little while ago. Can't mind what it was....dirty kitchens / dodgy staff or something :symbol_question: :symbol_question:

Aye I did read a bad review in the ica magazine, that drops through the letter box every month, but it was laughable tbh. How can a vegetarian be taken seriously as reviewing restaurants ??? That's nothing against vegans by the way. Just that a restaurant might only have 1 or 2 vege dishes on the menu !!!

Guest LadyChatterly

Wasn't Dickens the one involved in the scandal about taking foreign staff tips?  Can somebody check with the lawyers??