FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Standing areas at Caledonian Stadium?

SMEE

Just been on the news that ICT are to investigate the possibility of introducing standing areas at the ground. I for one would welcome that, if nothing else may lower the price and be more acheivable for folks to afford to go to the games.

All seems to be the club are happy for a singing section  :021: but no actual excuses for what happend on Saturday  :018: Why is'nt Mike Smith on the TV or somebody from the club who is not part of the supporters trust.

Would be nice to see what the CLUB had to say for themselves instead of hiding behind the trust :024:

Plenty on the west terrace - time for the SPL to show a bit more common sense. The singing section has the possibility to be a great success and it may offer a new route into Europe if the government negotiate 1 Eurovision spot for Scotland! 

Seriously as I have posted elsewhere Saturday was a great success. We need more atmosphere at games and if more people can seek to lift that the better it will be for the Club. I suspect the only time Celtic Park has been quiet this decade was in February....The next big breakthrough at Caledonian Stadium has to be reduced price entrance for singers. If you fail to sing, then you get ejected. Not when you sing.

Should maybe have kept the roof of the old Kevin Bissett Enclosure for erecting on the open terrace.

I can't see that there would be any safety implications in allowing 800 or so standing places there, that said, since when has common sense prevailed with the SPL ?

Certainly no harm in asking is there? Given how popular "safe standing" areas are in Germany I do wonder if the SPL have been hasty in banning use of terracing or whatever they have done seeing as no one seems to know the rules laid down by them any more (see the Gretna/St. Mirren fiasco).

Well it was down to ICT that the 10000 seats rule went.

Indeed. And had we not asked if we could go back to Inverness half way through the SPL season we would have continued to play at Pittodrie in front of crowds of around 1,500.

Plenty on the west terrace - time for the SPL to show a bit more common sense. The singing section has the possibility to be a great success and it may offer a new route into Europe if the government negotiate 1 Eurovision spot for Scotland! 

i think then we wud finish anywhere in the top half, possibly even win it compared with the rubbish that has " represented" GB in recent contests  :015: :015: :015:

Guest neksor

At half-time I wandered along to see what the fuss was.

The singing section is to be encouraged but if the plonker who was beating drum was beside me in the stand I would put  a knife through it!

We need to support the club in different ways and the singing and standing section should be relocated to the old standing section under the TV cameras.

The stewarding/policing is not equal between the away and home sections and the club need to show that they can police the away end as fairly as the home section or they can been accused of discrimination!

Up til now discrimination against the home supporters is all I have seen.

Without supporters the club will disappear.

Neksor

Guest theflamehaired1

Without supporters the club will disappear.

but if the plonker who was beating drum was beside me in the stand I would put  a knife through it!

Without "plonkers" like him, supporters will be pointless. What are we there for if not to get behind the team?

Just to raise money for the club? No, to cheer on and support our team.

And what better way to do it than knifing drums?