FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team news for St Mirren game

kencar

P&J

CHRISTIE IS READY TO RECALL WYNESS

08:50 - 18 May 2007

Charlie Christie says Dennis Wyness's impressive training ground form could convince him into giving the forward a first-team place against St Mirren.

Caley Thistle will end the season with a match at Paisley tomorrow and Christie is set to shuffle his playing pack for the game at Love Street.

Wyness injured his shoulder in the 2-1 home defeat by Celtic on January 28 and has been making a gradual recovery. He resumed training at the start of the month and the Caley Jags manager is considering giving him a recall to the first team.

The 30-year-old has been sorely missed, yet Christie's enthusiasm to bring the forward back is tempered by the fear he might suffer another injury.

"It's a difficult one - he's certainly in my plans," said Christie.

"He was absolutely fabulous in training yesterday and everyone was talking about him. I don't know if he was trying to make a point but he hasn't been pestering me to play at all. He's a pleasure to work with and gets on with his job.

"He's probably between 80 and 90% fit and there's a slight risk he might get hurt if we play him. I'll have to give it some thought but he'll definitely be back in the first-team squad."

Christie will be without Roy McBain, who has a groin injury, and may decide to hand starting berths to youngsters Zander Sutherland and Rory McAllister.

With a point neded to secure the additional £80,000 prize money on over we can't afford to treat this game too lightly.

I agree , 8th place would be a nice respectable position to end the season & it would only be 1 place down from last year