FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Getting bums on seats

Fanoffooty

Next season i feel the club really needs to get more bums on seats , any ideas how we can encourage that ?

a bit of half time entertainment maybe, like  kids taking penalties against the mascots ? or mascots against each other ?

Putting a stop on the small family section left in the main stand will only chase supporters away!!!

Also a couple of suggestions would be to:

Have a stall at retail park and shopping precinct selling match day tickets on Fridays and Saturday mornings prior to home matches.

Family discounted tickets for match days too!

Give away 50 / 100 tickets for local schools, rotating to differing schools for each match including say a couple of "teacher" tickets - giving advance notice to enable these to be organised and fully utilised, would add to noise too as kids in groups tend to be good at trying sing songs

Guest samuelbarros

Open up the Kessock Bridge side of the pitch for standing at no more than £15 per head.

Of course, that's not literally getting bums on seats.

[tt]50% discount for tinks season ticket holders with a reciprocal arrangement for those who don't want a long trip south. I've checked the fixtures. They could get 10 of our 33 fixtures (plus the sunday games) and we could take in some 12 of theirs until the split. Add to that cup games and there could be a fair bit of cash flowing both ways, god knows they need it. Before the hardcore get torn into me their money is just as good as yours when it comes to paying wages. Business is business.[/tt]

[tt]50% discount for tinks season ticket holders with a reciprocal arrangement for those who don't want a long trip south. I've checked the fixtures. They could get 10 of our 33 fixtures (plus the sunday games) and we could take in some 12 of theirs until the split. Add to that cup games and there could be a fair bit of cash flowing both ways, god knows they need it. Before the hardcore get torn into me their money is just as good as yours when it comes to paying wages. Business is business.[/tt]

I think that this is a pretty brilliant suggestion and  the chance to increase the gate with paying people. It surely wouldn't be that hard to administer either the only problem that I would suggest would be old firm games when we are usually sold out at full price but it must be worth some consideration by the clubs.

Still a brilliant suggestion  I would suggest you contact the club directly and all the important ICT people that you know that have the ear of the club. What do the adminstrators of this website think I wonder?.

I never once heard the Cheerleaders getting booed off.

I don't think they helped bring people to games, but it was good to see them out there doing something they enjoyed and there's merit in promoting that kind of activity at the club as well.  The club should be welcoming any group of performers with open arms at home matches and allowing them to do there thing whatever it be.  If nothing else it helps kill half-time boredom.

I never once heard the Cheerleaders getting booed off.

I don't think they helped bring people to games, but it was good to see them out there doing something they enjoyed and there's merit in promoting that kind of activity at the club as well.  The club should be welcoming any group of performers with open arms at home matches and allowing them to do there thing whatever it be.  If nothing else it helps kill half-time boredom.

Here Here , i whole heartedly agree

How about getting MFR down to organise some half-time entertainment? Maybe chipping the ball into a car or something? :tic01:

Brill.... we could get Titch McCooey to do the announcing stuff!!!! :014:

Cant see it happening. They already come and watch our games..........................................from the roadside. :tic01:

ah babysitting service(ok ok i cant spell creche)

i know the person that runs direct childcare who do have a mobile service and have approached the club about running one on a matchday. club could easily offer them some free advertising in return for a good rate.

i for one would happily give a coupkle f days notice and pay a few extra quid for the occasions when i can't get due to childcare.  :024:

What do the adminstrators of this website think I wonder?.

I think it is great to have any ideas that might put bums on seats and if we can help in any way then we are happy to do so. We can certainly put people in touch with club officials but that can also be done just as easily through ther official website.

I would also point out that both the club and others like the supporters trust all read this board so posting ideas on here also works ... especially when they are good ones.

The cheerleaders were great!! Even if enjoying them a bit too much does make you feel a bit of a perve :crazy07:

I'm not sure how close links are between ICT and local schools, but why don't the club invite a couple of local kids clubs along to each game? I coach my local village 10/11 year olds and I'd love to take them along to a game sometime. It'd let the kids know there's more to football than the OF, and help attract the next generation of fans.

I think the bottom line is, the interest simply isnt there these days, together with the inflated prices. I think the creche is a good idea, but this half time entertainment idea simply will not persuade ppl to part wi £20+ to see what usually turns out to be a cringeworthy episode. And if Furry Mouth Radio is involved, al be off too!

I think if the price was dropped to £15, you may get a few more attending, but sadly not even enough to offset the drop in admission price.

Here's one that Bristol Rovers FC have come up with for next season, any kids under 10 who have a Young Pirates membership(cost around £8.00 per season) get a free season ticket.

They are calling it their commitment to the younger generation.

Now i understand that this ain't going to generate much income initially but you have got to speculate to accumulate.

Personally if i lived close enough to attend all home matches, there would be an extra 3 bums on seats from my family through this scheme, and two of them at least would become regular visitors for years to come.

Here's one that Bristol Rovers FC have come up with for next season, any kids under 10 who have a Young Pirates membership(cost around £8.00 per season) get a free season ticket.

They are calling it their commitment to the younger generation.

Now i understand that this ain't going to generate much income initially but you have got to speculate to accumulate.

Personally if i lived close enough to attend all home matches, there would be an extra 3 bums on seats from my family through this scheme, and two of them at least would become regular visitors for years to come.

With that idea you speculate that it comes with an adult season ticket, so thus garuntees that you have a kid and an adult at a game, hopefully bringing in one more.

Guest paynis69

the club should have done something at rockness, think of what exposure that would have brought us?

maybe bennet and christie could have got up on stage just before daft punk were about to play and give us a wee rendition of "bring it on home"?  :015: :015:

no seriously tho that was a golden opportunity missed  :029: