FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Getting bums on seats

Fanoffooty

Guest samuelbarros

the club should have done something at rockness, think of what exposure that would have brought us?

maybe bennet and christie could have got up on stage just before daft punk were about to play and give us a wee rendition of "bring it on home"?  :015: :015:

no seriously tho that was a golden opportunity missed  :029:

Yeah, they could have got Rosco up on stage with a football and he could have given us a demonstration of his ball skillls  :015:

(ie. blooter it into the crowd, just like he does so regularly at the Tulloch)

How about getting MFR down to organise some half-time entertainment? Maybe chipping the ball into a car or something? :tic01:

Brill.... we could get Titch McCooey to do the announcing stuff!!!! :014:

or what about ah crossbar challenge fer fans

Open up the Kessock Bridge side of the pitch for standing at no more than £15 per head.

Of course, that's not literally getting bums on seats.

As I'm sure you know we are not allowed a standing area at the moment within the SPL.  You may see something materialise on the Kessock Bridge side of the pitch before too long though.  :004:

Open up the Kessock Bridge side of the pitch for standing at no more than £15 per head.

As I'm sure you know we are not allowed a standing area at the moment within the SPL.  You may see something materialise on the Kessock Bridge side of the pitch before too long though.  :004:

Cardboardcut-outs like St Johnstone? :017:

Cardboardcut-outs like St Johnstone? :017:

Anyone remember the Highbury fiasco

talking of getting kids involved ... here are a couple of easy ones ......

At each home game, select a school and kids from that school are picked to be ball boys (or girls) for the day .... not only do they feel a little more involved than if they were just getting free tickets but if you make it into a package where they get a sort of kids-oriented hospitality day ... tour of stadium, light lunch, meet the players etc they may just develop some sort of affinity for the club ... and after their day is over, pester their parents to take them to more games

Second idea, again focusing on kids, and something that was suggested before and even tried (half-heartedly) but never seemed to come to anything is to have an inter-school competition for primary schools in the area. Over the course of a season, "x" number of schools play each other for the right to play in the latter stages at the TCS. 16 teams qualify, and at each home game one game is played at half-time - 5minutes each-way - this gives 8 games in first round, 4 games in 2nd round, 2 games in semis and the final = 15 games (out of a minimum of 18 home games) where the entertainment could be these games. This would also allow the club to put it on hold for the guaranteed 3 home games against OF opposition during the season where seats are at a premium. Again, this would hopefully see the club focusing on kids who are our future supporters (and maybe getting parents involved who could be instant supporters !)

[edit: - forgot to mention - for the schools competition - make it a little more interesting for the kids by assigning a player as a mentor for that side either during the qualification process or on the day. we might be a little blase about our players because in many cases we have watched them from the lower leagues all the way to the SPL, but for a lot of younger kids, these are "celebrities" who play football in the SPL.]

Guest dansdad

Club should lobby SPL to reserect Passport scheme, I certainly travelled to a few games I wouldn't have normally gone to.

Definitely need to get kids involved and feel part of the club.

we need more away fans bums on seats

ive scribbled estimates on the percentage of the home capacity of our ground that was full last year and i work it out to be over 85%, most of the teams on my list ive given attendances of about 300 visiting fans, which we all know is being generous to united, motherwell, kilmarnock and dunfirmline (obviously more for teams with more fans)

we get more bums on seats by marketing season tickets better, being positive in the transfer market and with building work around the stadium.  nevermind all this half time/mfr/cheerleader pish, we have to let everybody in the north scotland know how good a deal they are getting with their season ticket.

how about arranging some kind of subsidised bus service from as far out as elgin or forres?  dornoch/tain?

nevermind all this half time/mfr/cheerleader pish, we have to let everybody in the north scotland know how good a deal they are getting with their season ticket.

You took that  seriously? :029:

how about arranging some kind of subsidised bus service from as far out as elgin or forres?  dornoch/tain?

Great idea send me £120 and that should just about cover it.  :clapping03:Or would you expect the club to cover it? :33:

The club basically needs to promote themselves much better or even hire an expert to do it. A massive advertising campaign is required.

The club need  to get another 1000 turning up for home games whether they be seaon ticket holders or not and this figure is achievable. 

If this happens we can move forward.

£90 to hire a minibus and £30 (max) for fuel for these outlying areas = £120 to put another 12 to 15 bums on seats every week.  Even if the club only broke even on what they took in those ticket sales I would say it was a worthwhile venture in terms of helping boost crowds.

If they offered a seat on a bus as an add-on to a season ticket then these people are likely to attend more often to get their moneys worth.

Also, we may only be talking about a mini-bus now but once more people began to see that the service was there it may encourage others to start attending games.

All you need is a couple of people in each area willing/able to drive the minibus for home games and if it was a regular thing then I'm certain hire companies would be willing to offer up a discount for regular business.

Taking it a stage further these people will all get to know each other and may then look to operate a bus themselves to away games.

Not sure if the club still employ the services of a PR company but I know they once paid a company £3000  for a years services during which time they were only involved in a handful (if that) of press releases.

(I should check the figure as it is from memory but can't be ersed so we'll go with allegedly, it certainly wasn't less)