FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Arbroath - matchday thread

Andrew Fraser

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First goal from Marius was a cracking twenty yarder, powerfull shot after good turn, his second was a twenty two yard free kick, keeper maybe parried onto post and in and Denzil turn and shot from ten yards after great run from Russel and good cross. Bazza hit crossbar after excellent move and Bazza hit post with low header in second half. Our defence contrived to get in each others way and gift another goal, Watt and Caff mucking up, the ball coming off defenders back and falling for Arbroath player twelve yards out.

We won comfortably and played some great one touch football at times but hey it was only Arbroath.

3-1 going on 6-1, still good performances from some guys, and Marius deserved MoM.

1250 ish crowd

Lots to do yet,

Niculae looked good tonight, cracking swerving shots a couple of times, it was the swerve that beat their goalie for the third.

Watt strolled through the game and distributed the ball in a way that granty never does - no left foot hoof up the park which always seems to go to the opposition

rory coming on why? failed to impress again

still not convinced though as we were playing the team that is only two points above elgin in the third division and they are seven points behind the mighty east stirling

anyway good to see marius score, good to win lets hope its now onwards and upwards :021:

Despite the opposition, we played some great stuff. Some of the passing, and one touch movements were great to watch.

Marius just gets better. His goals were brilliantly taken. I was sat right behind his free kick, and the spin he put on the ball was something else. His touch is fantastic, and his lay offs, mostly one touch, always seem to find their intended man.

Blackie was my MOM though. Superb performance from the wee man, and I hope it's not tempting fate, but he took 3 or 4 heavy challenges tonight, and just got up and got on with it.

Watt's passing from the back was good, though I couldn't work out if it was him or Roscoe that fecked up for the goal?

The only disappointment for me was McDonald not getting a run-out. I couldn't see the logic of putting Rory on. Brew knows what Rory's about, so why bring him on? I'd have liked to see Deano get 30 minutes or so, especially alongside Marius.

Cowie had another good game, and I can see him turning out to be an excellent signing.

Overall, an enjoyable match, which we totally dominated, and could've won by more.

Oh aye, and what the feck was Barry playing at with that crap dive. He had the bloke beaten!! Fully deserved a yellow for it I thought.