FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BREWSTERS TACTICS

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

A feckin good start overall IMHO.

Fraser shouted more today than I have ever noticed. The back four held their line together, allowing Caff to take the lead. Rosscoe was evidently restrained as was Granty. He looked much better covering the left and leaving Caff to it but McBain doesnt need much covering - unlike his predecessor.

Duncan played in the "hole" and was restrained which is his best position. Black in front as a playmaker whcih is where he is at his best. But Bazza was his first mistake. He played too much to Bazza IMHO and missed out Cowie. I would target Cowie more but play Rankin out wide left.

Brew probably had no option other than play Marius and himself today. I am shure that Brew learnt a lot and Marius has also learned that he is not a sure starter and has to play AND train fer his place.

But fer the most our attack was Bazza, Brew and Marius - Experienced and wily perhaps but pacey and penetrating NOT. We are going to regret the lack of pace. Dargo would have had a field day with Brew today.

One of the newspapers reported Brewsters appointment as the return of the Messiah - I have to disagree, the Messiah was already here in the form of Marius Niculae, it was his link up play that made Brewster look at his best today.

But fer the most our attack was Bazza, Brew and Marius - Experienced and wily perhaps but pacey and penetrating NOT. We are going to regret the lack of pace. Dargo would have had a field day with Brew today.

I thought Dean Macdonald was the replacement fer Dargo? But then I suppose it's highly unlikely that Brewster and macDonald will be the regular starting lineup as that would mean Niculae warming the bench !!! :024:

Duncan played in the "hole" and was restrained which is his best position.

Rubbish, he was playing that role during the Christie era and he was absolutely coasting. Against Arbroath on Tuesday Brew was going mental at him from the sidelines trying to get him to push up. He had his best game in ages, the same goes for Blackie - it's been months since either of them covered so much ground over 90 minutes. Russeldinho CAN play when he has to. The bread and butter 'hole' role, sitting back and always playing a negative pass just won't cut it under the new gaffer. Pass and move, pass and move, thats the Brewster groove.

Well said, the lot of you.... 

I enjoyed the game - lots of positives.  Lots of highs, after the low of the penalty at the beginning of the game.  I really don't think, on this showing, we are relegation candidates - at times we were really great - boys....look at the positives, the only way is UP!

We looked pretty good I thought.  I still don't like Munro and Caff at the back I'm afraid, a few bombscare moments.  We looked more solid when McGuire came on.

Cowie was completely anonymous inthe first half but came onto a game in the second.  He made himself avaialble more and contributed with some late runs.

We looked pretty good I thought.  I still don't like Munro and Caff at the back I'm afraid, a few bombscare moments.

Are you sure you were watching the game at Easter Road?

I was nervous of our defense early on due to past perfromance but as the game proceeded they looked confident in everything they had to deal with.  Apart from one small blip right at the end I don't recall any bomb scares.

We looked pretty good I thought.  I still don't like Munro and Caff at the back I'm afraid, a few bombscare moments.

Are you sure you were watching the game at Easter Road?

I was nervous of our defense early on due to past perfromance but as the game proceeded they looked confident in everything they had to deal with.  Apart from one small blip right at the end I don't recall any bomb scares.

Early on they didn't fill me with confidence but I agree that as the game went on they did better.  When McGuire came on he fitted in well.

Played well but no cutting edge.  No real shots on goal from inside 12 yards which is dissapointing.  The cross balls also have to be improved.  Roy McBain was excellent.  Keep him in for Hastings if he can keep it up.

Points will come, starting a Celtic Park!

No congratulations from me I'm afraid, One game does not make a manager.

Plenty still to do before i swallow any words and say the board have employed the right man.

I will say well done for the Hibs game though on being more better than previous games. however, the reality is it doesn't matter how we perform, we still failed to score and we lost and that needs to start changing. 

We could have 100% possesion with the skills of Ronaldinho pisstaking the opposition and still fail to score.

I am hopeful though and I do think we can get our first points at Celtic.

I've noticed that too, Proctor... Sometimes wondered if CC was just too nice a guy to be in football management....

Perhaps he (CC) would have taken the view that to single someone out for encouragement or praise might offend some lesser performing person in the side....

Brewster's had that few months from leaving DUFC to coming back here (via Aberdeen) to really think about his management career.... he has gained more experience which he will surely put to good use here...

Despite our present league position I think the future for Caley looks extremely promising right now....  :022: 

The chief stirrer has spoken :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Agree with a fair bit of that, but excuse me,  Mr Marius is class. Yes he did not score the penalty today but, that is just a smoke screen, he will explode at Parkheid, trust me.

Now sober up and read the report again WITHOUT blinkers. It has nothing but positives. There are many more negatives in the posts thereafter and the only stirring is from you.  :008:

A good sensible-ish reply from Dead Ball. Again read the wording - "Duncan played in the "hole" and was restrained which is his best position. Black in front as a playmaker which is where he is at his best."  I was alluding to the fact that Russell had been overdoing in the last two away games and was running all over the place, getting frustrated and wound up - "restrained" refers to the fact that he held that position but moved forward appropriately. This allowed Black to look fer the ball which was played short to his feet, out of defence, on more occasions in this game than the rest of the season put together. Their positioning allows for the pass and move game to be more effective.

And my opening comments fer Brew were - "A feckin good start overall IMHO."  God did I slag them.

:rotflmao:

You just need to learn when people are winding you up.

I did say I agreed with a fair bit of that, but the inference was that Dargo would have done better than Marius and I said he was only toying with them, he is class and will come good.

No blinkers here old git, only saying what I see.

back at you  :008: :008: