FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Food/Drink : Inverness CT v Motherwell

Guest Mitch

I am coming up to stay in Inverness before our game against you on Saturday. I am coming up on the Friday and staying until the Sunday.

Looking for a few recommendations on places to get a good meal? I am coming up with the missus so I am afraid a fish supper from the local chip shop wont quite do it!

Also looking for the best boozer to have a few pints in before/after the match on Saturday? I have been up only the once to see 'Well in action against ICT and cant remember the name of the pub that we went to!

Any suggestions would be superb!

Hey Mitch,

One of our pals (Well Fan) is coming up to watch the game too.

We're taking him to The Caley Thistle Social Club on Greig St before/after the game.

It's very good, Away Fans welcome - cheap as chips, and bus straight to game too.

As for a "good meal" both The Kitchen and Mustard Seed are nice.

Have fun!

Mrs PB

Thanks for the reply!

I will keep that in mind as the bus to the game could be the sealer!!

I have just booked a wee cheap room at The Premier Travel Inn on Millburn Road (Across from the train station!) so checking out Google Maps the Social Club doesn?t look too far away at all!

Any other suggestions would be superb!

Mitch

It's a fair walk, but definitely walkable if you are into that sort of thing.  :015: :015:  You could walk into town and have a couple to keep you going til you walk over the bridge.  :015:  Have a good weekend - well other that the football of course.  :001:

The places I like to eat are as follows.

1.The mustard seed (quite up market but really good food)

2.The North Kessock Hotel (this is just over the big bridge next to Caledonian Stadium,brilliant food and I have yet to have a bad meal there only thing is you would have to take your car)

3.The cottage Indian in Academy street (just re-opened and I think the best Indian in Inverness now)

4.Number 27 Castle street (Pub, but really nice food ane The sea Bass is lovely)

5.Riva 4-6 Ness Walk ( Italian, have not been in a while but used to be very good)

6.rocpool reserve Culduthel road ( if you want mega Brownie points take your missus here probably the best place to eat in Inverness,quite pricey but worth every penny)

Hope one of these will do you

You'll never starve or go thirsty in Inverness....the place is loaded with good bars and eateries.

My fav's include the Castle Tavern, Castle St (near the Castle!) - great beer and food.

Blackfriers, Academy St - great beers.

Cottage Tandoori, Academy Street - quality Indian meals.

Also worth a try is the new place on the High St, its a Smith & Jones pub - The Caledonian, food looks good and reasonably priced and looks like it could be a better bet than the Wetherspoons effort.

THanks very much for the replies folks! SOme smashing suggestions there and will be giving a couple of them a try!

However a friend advised that a few 'Well Fans are going to a Sports Bar! Anyone any idea where in Inverness this is?

Mitch

think the sports bar is likel to be deenos,

did you say your premier trael inn is just accross from the train station ???? sounds like a little liberal with the location there im afraid to say mate. its not to far away but that could be pushing it if its the one im thinking of.

not eaten out in the town for a while but as folks say there are loads of good places

It is on Millburn Road. I am not too sure how close it is to the train station. I am coming up by car but will be ditching it in the car park and it is not coming back out again till I am going home on Sunday. I will just have to get taxi's in and out of the town centre!

Might bump into one or two of you about the city centre on Friday/Saturday evening!

I will come back on when I return and let you know where I found the best eating/drinking places!

The Travel Inn on the Millburn Rd is about a 15 minute walk from the station.

The Sports bar is on Academy Street more or less opposite the Blackfriars and Cottage Tandoori.....I think!

Here's a map with a few of the places mentioned highlighted ......

Meal-wise, another one that no-one has mentioned yet is the Clachnaharry Inn - Its on the other side of town but, unless things have changed, does some pretty good bar meals in a village setting all washed down with some nice real ales ......

[attach=1]

You might want to have a look at this site too ..... http://www.urbarred.com/bigmap.asp

post-2-1194453296_thumb.png

DSM00.gif_thumb

That is a smashing map Scotty! Thanks very much for taking some time to do that!

Think this is going to be a smashing trip at the weekend! Hopefully the 3 points will however be coming back to Lanarkshire with me! (Oh and I dont mean from a speed camera on the A9 before someone jumps in with that one!)

Take care folks!

Mitch

That is a smashing map Scotty! Thanks very much for taking some time to do that!

Hopefully the 3 points will however be coming back to Lanarkshire with me! (Oh and I dont mean from a speed camera on the A9.....

Yeah - the speed camera points will be the only points you'll be collecting this weekend, Mitch...

Castle St is a good area to head for for something to eat - especially if you're with a lady..!!

Gringo mentioned the Castle Tavern - it is a good one - great food, and great real ales... It is now owned by the same guy who owns the Clachnaharry Inn, mentioned by Scotty - so both places are equally good.

Also worth checking out on Castle st is Number 27 mentioned by Dumpmaster, and Cafe 1, same street.

Don't think anyone mentioned Johnny Foxes, by the river on Bank St - good pub grub, and always lively on a Saturday night, with good live music...

As others have said - you're spoiled for choice here.

Hope you have great night on Saturday - and a feckin awful afternoon....  :023:

Here's a map with a few of the places mentioned highlighted ......

Meal-wise, another one that no-one has mentioned yet is the Clachnaharry Inn - Its on the other side of town but, unless things have changed, does some pretty good bar meals in a village setting all washed down with some nice real ales ......

Has the Clachnaharry inn improved now? Its been a while since I was there for a meal but thought it was chip shop food, which was disappointing for a pub in such a good location.

Had a quick bite to eat in Foxes last Sunday, I didn't realise it was so cheap for food,

mitch... dinnae be surprised to see a couple of Pars fans dandering about Ness also... mad? yes

it'll be the key to the city soon ;)

Buffy xx

Your a bit out with the Chieftain and the Hotel Scotty and I can't see Mitch getting much joy if he turned up at Tullochs offices  :015:

Hotel should be where Chieftain is and Chieftain should be about 500 yards closer to town (at the end of the bit where the stretch of road runs parallel to the Dual Carriageway.

feckin pedant  :symbol_exclaim01: - **** site more accurate than the description that said "near the railway station". Thats like those hotels that advertise as being a "stone's throw" from the beach ....... and when you get there its only a stones throw if your using a rocket propelled catapult !

Your a bit out with the Chieftain and the Hotel Scotty and I can't see Mitch getting much joy if he turned up at Tullochs offices  :015:

Hotel should be where Chieftain is and Chieftain should be about 500 yards closer to town (at the end of the bit where the stretch of road runs parallel to the Dual Carriageway.

I wouldn't worry too much about maps I'm sure stolen satnavs are very cheap in Motherwell.