ICT -V- St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cant understand how anyone can be happy with that today. we were pish.

st mirren were all over us for almost 90 mins.

weve gone back to playing how we did in brewsters first spell, where we were good away from home and garbage at home. the difference being we now dont have a defence and got lucky today.

think the players were confusing st mirren with juventus cos everytime they got the ball, which was a lot,  we'd chuck everyone behind the ball and sit in. it was embarrassing against a poor team like them to do that at home.

anyway we got the 3 and if we could do that every week playing like that i'd take it, but we wont cos we were lucky.

on the plus i thought defence was improved and proctor looked ok but we were playing mirren.was good to see rankin again although its probably just to put him in the shop window :008:

Caleyonup....I would agree that todays performance was far from a good one, but the lads on the pitch did what needed to be done to secure 3 points, and when all is said and done, that's what counts.

We got our nose in front and the team dug in and showed they were determined not to give it up without a fight.  Sometimes that's what it takes to win games and right now I'll take the wins no matter how they come.

Probably the only good thing about the game today is the three points.  Poor performance in terms of ball retention, ball winning, ball crossing................but for points winning........... :021:

The ref and his assistants were just as bad as we have seen of late. I counted 4 times throw ins were given to the wrong side two to each. If 3600 fans can see they got it wrong  with obvious bloopers how can we expect  the blind gits to get the difficult calls right  :error: :moon07: :clown22:

We have played much better than that and lost so maybe today's result should be taken in context  :024:

We definitely rode our luck and if the shoe were on the other foot we would have been gutted to lose

The ways things have been going of late 3 points is a nice early Xmas pressie  :clapping03:

Can no one focus on the feckin positives today....??

We scored an absolutely brilliant feckin goal - Thanks Don - Even with 10 men it looked as if a useful St Midden side might get at least a draw out of this....

I was on the edge of my seat until the feckin final whistle, but we managed to hold out for a superb victory...

Great stuff...

Well done guys.....  :021: :021: :021: 

Ken...

St Midden have had some decent results and performances so far this season - they are by no means a bad side....

Mothersmell got another decent away win today - they're not such a bad side either...

It was a blo0dy awful perfomance from us a fortnight ago - discipline went out the feckin window - we took from that game exactly what we deserved...

I just still can't believe our so-called supporters booed our own players today..

Scotland lost to an Italian side last week, who weren't all that great, and yet we were hailed as heroes....

Even came back on to the pitch to take a bow...!!

Sometimes nothing in this game makes any sense to me....  :024:

Three points, three points, three points!!!!  Hurray!!!  Who cares how, and us in the cheap seats were dry, warm and (reasonably) content.  We did, however, feel (slightly) sorry for those in the dear seats, when the sleet showers came over.......

Thank you ICT - for once, a happy outcome. 

When's the next three points - will Santa bring some more? :crazy07:

While it was fantastic to get 3 points the next time the attendance issue is brought up then you can point to yesterdays game as "Exhibit A" as to why people won't part with a fair amount of money to watch ICT.

Guest WynessLegend

Can no one focus on the feckin positives today....??

We scored an absolutely brilliant feckin goal - Thanks Don - Even with 10 men it looked as if a useful St Midden side might get at least a draw out of this....

I was on the edge of my seat until the feckin final whistle, but we managed to hold out for a superb victory...

Great stuff...

Well done guys.....  :021: :021: :021: 

:021:

Well said, and as for many of the rest of you ...............

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Wasnt at the game so wont comment directly on it.  However I am dissapointed to read Brewster comments.  he told teletext that dispite St Mirren having most of the possesion, Fraser had little to do and we looked dangerous on the counter attack.  No offence but we should not be watching a game at home to St Mirren where they have most of the possesion and we are playing counter attack football!

Still glad about the win I guess.

Guest saintinek

hello

great day yesterday appart from getting the train at 7 in the morning

does anyone have any pics of our support yesterday

particularly the supras which was the 5 or 6 of us that sung and flung the streamers and confetti

with our flags

cheers

sp07

hello

great day yesterday appart from getting the train at 7 in the morning

does anyone have any pics of our support yesterday

particularly the supras which was the 5 or 6 of us that sung and flung the streamers and confetti

with our flags

cheers

sp07

You're so vain I bet you think this song is about you, about yoooooouuuuuuuu :music03:

' It is claimed that some boozed-up Buddies had been sick and urinated in the bus and that the driver was verbally abused when he dropped them off at Tulloch Stadium and refused to take a detour to a nearby pub'

I dont blame the driver... serves them right.