FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]
    [li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]
    [li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]
    [li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]
    [li]See the stats etc after the game has ended by choosing today's game from  HERE[/li]

LINEUPS

ICT

[attach=1]

MOTHERWELL

[attach=2]

post-2-1195913238.gif

post-4-1195913238.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Madness not selecting Ian Black.  He is our best midfielder.  Roy mcBain is a hard-working player but he just isn't up to playing in midfield.  Absolutely crazy.  Rankin on the bench ahead of Black?  I'm flabbergasted.

On the plus side, we've got Niculae and Wyness back up front and McGuire is back in defence.  I think Rosscoe has been awful thsi season so here's hoping Proctor can take his chance at the back.

I was also thinking whilst watching Falkirk v rangers that Alan Hutton is now one of the top players in Scotland but less than a year ago was considered one of rangers worst players.  Could a young lad pulling himself up by the bootstrings to make big improvements be something we can look to RoryMcAllister for, obviously not the extent that Hutton has done?

Brew is big on discipline, if Black did walk out at half time against Motherwell then I would expect Brewster to drop him.

yup. thats what i thought when i read the team lines .... we dont know the details of the"walkout" so unless/until we do I cant criticise Brewster for this one .....

incidentally - just announced, Mark Brown replacing Boruc in goal for Celtic today. originally listed as a sub, it seems something happened to Boruc in the warmup and Brown will start.

Good to be in front, against a team who (touch wood) don't score many goals.

As for Blackie, if he did indeed walk out v Motherwell then he quite simply has to be dropped, regardless of his abilities on the pitch. If indiscipline and disrespect like that goes unpunished, chaos ensues.

commentators making the point that ICT seem to have "gone back to basics" which made them hard to beat in previous seasons .... sounds like we are solid enough at the back today but nothing much happening up front ......

Winning the 3 points is the main thing  :021:

Not quite sure how we managed to hold on to the lead to be honest and we certainly rode our luck in the second half but there you go. Job done and some much needed breathing space between us and Gretna

St Mirren all over us! Niculae sounds like he is having a nightmare!

Was this the commentators? What were they saying? I thought he played pretty well today.

It wasn't a bad game - despite driving wind, rain and snow about every 15 mins - At least the defence did look more secure than before - Fraser's handling was good - but they did get a few breaks - classic header from McGuire against his own post..!!

Plenty of effort from Marius today - but still doesn't look anything special -

Well deserved goal from Cowie - deserved his MOM...

Three very welcome points - Hope the Jambos have a good game tomorrow....