FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Anyone Going to Falkirk then??

davieB

Please note: Once again, we will be unlikely to be able to offer live updated scores or stats from this game as it is blocked outside the UK and therefore unavailable to me or any of the other members of the "Overseas and Overlooked" group.

In fact, it is likely that I wont bother going anywhere near a computer at game time as every single SPL game is blocked outside the UK tomorrow and I cant face 2 hours listening to repeated mutterings of "We are sorry, due to contractual reasons, we are unable to bring you the current programme. Normal service will be resumed soon".

Despite polite emails from both myself (several months ago) and at least one other member of the overseas group (over a week ago) asking polite questions about ICT establishing its own service for both overseas and indeed ALL fans, not a single email sent to ICT on this subject has ever been responded to (in contravention of their obligations under the club licensing scheme I might add) which is particularly galling given that its not just teams like Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen who offer services available to ALL fans worldwide (or even in the UK), but also teams like Kilmarnock (who use the same provider as ICT), Falkirk (who have their own service) and even EAST STIRLINGSHIRE !!! (http://www.eaststirlingfc.co.uk/vidDatabase.php)

The BBC may be the bearer of these bad tidings but its Happy scrooge day to the SPL, ICT and every other team who needlessly block their games to people who have no alternative way of obtaining them ....

[attach=1]

post-2-1198621909_thumb.png

overseas.gif_thumb

Compelling as ever Scotty. Presumably the 'powers' at Longman Towers regard the overseas contingent to be an irrelevance. (Better watch we don't become a nuisance!) 

indeed ... irrelevant is a good description. wonder just how many irrelevant shareholders are overseas these days.

imagine if we called ICT to account and asked the SPL or other authorities why they are repeatedly being allowed to break their club licensing certification by ignoring polite and relevant emails.

imagine if we got organised, talked to each other, and started co-ordinating the sending of email to those "powers" every time a match was blocked. Maybe they might actually respond for once... or maybe not.

imagine if we went further and included the disenfranchised from other clubs like Dundee Utd or Gretna or the fans of clubs in the process of getting their online act together like St Mirren or Motherwell !!!!

Scotty,

For years I went without listening to a match and was lucky even to find out the results, if I missed them on the bbc world service I would have to wait days until my next port before I'd get either a newspaper or I could phone home for them. Not the best situation but I never went crying all over the world wide web about it I accepted that I made some choices in my life and some things I was used to suffered as a result.

I have no complaints about you trying to get something arranged for yourself and other overseas fans but you seem to be posting your drivel in every second thread. Please get a sticky sorted out for you ex-pats so we loyal citizens can get some piece from the moaning all over the globe.

For years I went without listening to a match and was lucky even to

I have no complaints about you trying to get something arranged for yourself and other overseas fans but you seem to be posting your drivel in every second thread. Please get a sticky sorted out for you ex-pats so we loyal citizens can get some piece from the moaning all over the globe.

If I choose to explain the reason why "live updates" will not be added to the site for all fans to see on a total of two threads about this game (or any threads about past or future games) then that is far more appropriate than some of the drivel posted in other threads by many users.

I understand your comment about going for years without listening to a match, (it affected me too !), but that is largely irrelevant as they werent being broadcast in the first place. Right now, every game is being broadcast over the net but the SPL and the clubs themselves are actively blocking them to a certain portion of the audience whilst leaving no alternative route other than using a specific club service.

In the case of ICT, they dont have this service available and every email sent to the Chief Executive asking about the logistics or even plans for this service is ignored. I have sent a few over the last few months, and I know that another site user sent one more than a week ago and none of the (polite) emails have even had the dignity of a response.

not sure what your "loyal citizen" comment is supposed to suggest so will leave that for now !

Scotty my point is that every thread related to match days seems to have either you or some other ex-pat moaning about not being able to listen to matches. It is the same tune played time after time, I am fed up of reading it you are preaching to the wrong audience mate. You sound like a spoiled child at times.

I do agree with all of what you say but surely you could sticky one thread instead of repeating yourself time after time.

And CaleyD I was not saying "i'm alright jack feck everyone else" just fed up of the same moaning.

Scotty my point is that every thread related to match days seems to have either you or some other ex-pat moaning about not being able to listen to matches. It is the same tune played time after time, I am fed up of reading it you are preaching to the wrong audience mate. You sound like a spoiled child at times.

I do agree with all of what you say but surely you could sticky one thread instead of repeating yourself time after time.

And CaleyD I was not saying "i'm alright jack feck everyone else" just fed up of the same moaning.

Caleyonline scuicide

Scotty mentions his issues with listening to games as frequently as you moan about how bad the team and the manager are.

And CaleyD f I was not saying "i'm alright jack feck everyone else" just fed up of the same moaning.

Caleyonline scuicide

Scotty mentions his issues with listening to games as frequently as you moan about how bad the team and the manager are.

Well seeing as how I tend to complain about the team in the correct threads, I don't see why asking for a thread to be dedicated to a subject Scotty and others feel so strongly about rather than have them hijack numerous threads with the same arguments that they have had for months. This thread has the title "Who is going to Falkirk?" not "who is not going but would like to listen to a UK based website which is limited to streaming the coverage to UK IP addresses?"

This thread has the title "Who is going to Falkirk?" not "who is not going but would like to listen to a UK based website which is limited to streaming the coverage to UK IP addresses?"

dont really agree with some of the other stuff you have said, but the above is a valid point so on that basis, I will consider my knuckles rapped  :004: will make my references in the appropriate thread(s) from now on.