FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

OLD FIRM PRESSURE ON REFEREES

CELTIC1CALEY3

Walter Smith seems to be whingeing about Ian Brines last night. Nothing unusual there with the old firm. If we recall the last time we played Rangers at home, we were soundly beaten. However, some would argue, the referee should have stopped the game when sectarian singing started and taken advice from the police as to the next course of action.

When there is crowd trouble or bad weather the referee has a very high level of responsibility. The game on Sunday could be interesting for Setanta if Ranger's supporters are anything other than decent.

Some would say 'who'd be a referee?'.

There were a few questionable decisions last night but the think I did notice was the Chelsea-esque hounding of the ref by some Rangers players. Every decision that went against them there were 3 or 4 of them in the ref's face bitching and moaning. No prizes for guessing who the main culprit was  :015:

Also Naismith seems to have developed an inner ear problem that effects his balance he put Burke to shame last night  :023:

I am not sure if everyone has read the Courier where it headlines that Northern Constabulary will have an extra 60 officers on duty to prevent sectarian singing. This would suggest there is still a potential problem, and my original post which was oblivious of the NC decision, raised the question of whether a referee would have the bottle to stop a game if sectarian singing became an obvious feature.

I am reliably informed by a local Rangers man that some 'toppers' will be heading North.  'Toppers' being the type of being that does not know what game it is watching, lets hope they behave themselves whilst in the City.

I'm not surprised by the increased police presence for this match given the "berating" the Club, Stewards and Northern Constabulary got from the SPL following our first match at home against Rangers this season.

I fully expect tolerance levels to be a good bit lower in regards to sectarian activity tomorrow.